Status
Not open for further replies.
Airline Variants of National flags

And now the British overseas airways corporation (BOAC)

UK BOAC flag.png

None of these is my creation. These are the flags of the Republic of Abbudin, from TV series Tyrant. I don't know why there are two national flags in just the two first episodes. Possibly the triangle one is present-day's flag (CoA has a shield with same design) and the other an initial Al-Fayeed regime's flag.

Perhaps a war flag or a party flag?

1960's airline logo's on there respective national flags :D

First Pan American (Pan am)

And now the British overseas airways corporation (BOAC)

Air Canada

and Air France :)

Looks like strange futuristic (or maybe cyberpunk/70's-punk) fascist flags.

Perhaps a war flag or a party flag?

Well thought. Abbudin, possibly located in the Levant as the Crusaders are mentioned, is possibly a single party or dominant party dictatorship so a party flag everywhere (the three stars one) makes sense to me. The triangle one must be the national flag I guess.

Well thought. Abbudin, possibly located in the Levant as the Crusaders are mentioned, is possibly a single party or dominant party dictatorship so a party flag everywhere (the three stars one) makes sense to me. The triangle one must be the national flag I guess.

Party flag was my main thought, mainly because the triangle one is shown in the background and the three star'd one is always shown when the government is involved, like at the rallies/speeches.

Last edited:
just made this, alot simpler than others of mine and made faster because i actually had the designs written down for a long time: the flag of the League of Nations in my ASB ATL, which is formed at the same time and named identically to the OTL League, but is (or becomes) more similar to OTL's United Nations, complete with expys of every organ of the UN and was jointly founded by Russia and *Britain instead of the United States. unlike the OTL League of Nations, the United States did eventually join this one

before anyone says anything about text on flags, it's there because it was on the OTL League of Nations flag

Flag - League of Nations.png

Well, the League of Nations was organised in a similar manner to the UN, so it's not entirely implausible that they'd evolve in a similar direction if they had slightly more influence.

i actually made a mistake with my League of Nations flag; i forgot to take TTL's linguistic differences into account :p consider the previous one the OTL version of the flag ;)

here's teh REAL version with the correct, Anglish name (as opposed to English); ITTL, the Norman invasion of England did not succeed, so in addition to there being a centuries-long Godwin dynasty starting with Harold II, the Anglo-Saxons' language isn't influenced by French and, while roughly recognizable to an OTL English-speaker, it's still significantly different (for those interested, i'm using this site for Anglish references, but am also cross-referencing the etymologies of actual words and determining if they would/could still come up as loanwords or would otherwise have some legitimacy (ones more directly derived from Latin are still used, for example, since the Roman invasions did happen) and, for the purposes of writing, am mainly limiting it to proper names and the like, and when it gets to that will be used like foreign language names used on the English Wikipedia

Flag - League of Nations.png

A Scottish Independence flag.

A bit late but you never know what the future may bring :eek:
It replaces the Scottish blue with the welsh green (darkened a bit) and the dragon.

Scot indip Flag 2.png

A Scottish Independence flag.

or the most viable option in my mind would be to change the blue to Black.
This would add in the Welsh saint flag and also Cornwall (for good measure)

Scot indip Flag.png

Interesting, though it lacks a lot of colour and looks pretty similar to the Eureka Flag. In any case, here's another Australian flag, this time authoritarian/fascist inspired:

Why'd they change the Southern Cross? Which nation does the maltese cross represent? No Commonwealth Star?

Why'd they change the Southern Cross? Which nation does the maltese cross represent? No Commonwealth Star?

Frankly, the change to the southern cross was part of my own personal distaste for the current seven-pointed stars; I felt that the five-pointed stars are much better looking.

The Maltese cross essentially represents Australia and the defence force because this variant of the cross was used extensively by many branches of the army during WW1. I suggested that it would be fair to guess in the aftermath of an reactionary-military revolution, the new authoritarian government would appropriate this iconic symbol for their own uses (the red signifying the 'blood spilled to defend this country', or something along those lines).

As for having no Commonwealth Star; the authoritarian government would go to show their nationalism by removing 'international symbols' from their flag, those being the British flag and the Commonwealth Star.

As for having no Commonwealth Star; the authoritarian government would go to show their nationalism by removing 'international symbols' from their flag, those being the British flag and the Commonwealth Star.

The Commonwealth Star is purely Australian, with no international significance at all. It represents the Commonwealth of Australia, with one point for each of the six states and one for the various territories.

The Commonwealth Star is purely Australian, with no international significance at all. It represents the Commonwealth of Australia, with one point for each of the six states and one for the various territories.

God I'm a fucking idiot...anyway, after putting the Star onto the flag in inkscape, I still feel that it looks much better without it (in my own opinion).

Toixstory liked my Islamic China flag so much that I was comissioned to make flags for the rest of the Grand War series. Here is my flag of Ruthenia. In Toixstory's own words:

The strongest ally to Britain, and the enemy Germania fears the most, actually lies to the east. Ruthenia, built out of the ashes of the Kievan Rus. Standing on the same principles as the old state, Ruthenia aggressively expanded throughout the centuries until it encompassed much of the world, and was able to extend its power from the Black Sea to the Sea of Japan. Though a recent civil war and war with Germania set the Ruthenians back, the government in Kiev has steered its country toward greatness, and in 1894 Ruthenia stands on the brink of becoming a superpower. Science, technology, industry, education, and the arts flow out of Ruthenia, particularly Kiev, at a rate which astonishes the rest of the world, and the state has eyes on assuming Germania's current number one spot in Europe.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.