Status
Not open for further replies.
(Moving the conversation here as it's flag related)

Assuming the revolutionary flags of la Plata are similar to OTL - blues with stars for what became Paraguay and Chile, blue white tricolour for Buenos Aires/Argentina - then the larger Argentina probably still uses the tricolour plus sun of may. With different shades of blue at different times and for different uses.
I then see the later federal Patagonian flag as simply adding a stripe:
View attachment 494183
Whether all blue,
View attachment 494184
Light blue to represent original core Argentina, or
View attachment 494185
Red if perhaps the the later tricolours of Paraguay and Chile were in use.

(NB on phone so no access to using actual Sun of May image!)

Those are good ideas, don't get me wrong! Though admittedly, the older version seemed like a good idea at the time. I might have to redo some of the recent maps if I'm going to incorporate them.

Those are good ideas, don't get me wrong! Though admittedly, the older version seemed like a good idea at the time. I might have to redo some of the recent maps if I'm going to incorporate them.
No worries.
The important thing is to have a non-anachronistic development and follow vexillological rules (essentially dark-light combinations for ease of visibility, ignoring added arms and seals).
Let me know if you want further ideas.
Just for fun here's a pale version that's based on combining the early/late sky blue Argentine with the Chilean Patria Vieja flag.
laplata4.png

No worries.
The important thing is to have a non-anachronistic development and follow vexillological rules (essentially dark-light combinations for ease of visibility, ignoring added arms and seals).
Let me know if you want further ideas.
Just for fun here's a pale version that's based on combining the early/late sky blue Argentine with the Chilean Patria Vieja flag.
View attachment 494200

Nice. Though here's what I settled on:

Gran Patagonia Flag.png

Deleted member 135296

Now, I imagined myself that in Germany, in the 1880's, the Duke of Brunswick exhanges his duchy with Prussia against Alscace-Lorraine. This last is since an autonomous duchy like Saxony and Bavaria, which they are kingdoms. Here is a flag of the duchy of Alsace-Lorraine headed by the Duke of Brunswick:

1570709369-dessin.png
The coat of arms isn't at the exact centre. Was this intentional? If not, then I would recommend you to edit it.

Deleted member 135296

My first flags uploaded!!
These are the flags of the German Republic (my TL) and its provinces.

German Empire.jpg

The German Republic's flag may look like the Imperial one, but it's meaning is altered.

Up next we have;

Prussia.jpg

Prussia!
I wanted to go tricolours for everything, so these are the colours I chose. (Don't judge, I suck at times)

Then there's..

Bavaria.jpg

Bavaria...

Limburg-Letzburg.jpg

Limburg-Letzburg (Alternate Luxembourg within Germany, though this one has the Limburg provinces of Belgium and the Netherlands)...

Saxonia.jpg

Saxonia(Lower Saxony)...

And finally...

Wurttemburg.jpg

Swabia!

So, what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Flag of the Mutual East Asian Cooperation Union, founded by Hatsunia (an antithesis to Imperial Japan) and other countries in East and Southeast Asia in 1967. Usually, Pan-Asian flag concepts in OTL involve Chinese Communist or Imperial Japanese imagery. This one is more similar to ASEAN and SEATO. The stylized globe also resembles the Chinese/Japanese character for "Asia" (亞/亜), but unofficially, as Southeast Asia isn't part of the Sinosphere.

Please give feedback, if you have any.

edit: changed the shade of blue somewhat.

niv9zuR.png

Last edited:
Flag of the Mutual East Asian Cooperation Union, founded by Hatsunia (an antithesis to Imperial Japan) and other countries in East and Southeast Asia in 1967. Usually, Pan-Asian flag concepts in OTL involve Chinese Communist or Imperial Japanese imagery. This one is more similar to ASEAN and SEATO. The stylized globe also resembles the Chinese/Japanese character for "Asia" (亞/亜), but unofficially, as Southeast Asia isn't part of the Sinosphere.

Please give feedback, if you have any.

stOZTKp.png
Why is one segment red?

Status
Not open for further replies.