Status
Not open for further replies.
Republic of China bluegoldbanner.jpg

Republic of China bluegoldbannertriangle.png

How are these?

Blue and yellow go well together. Too bad they aren't used more often. A real shame that OTL republic of China doesn't use any yellow, it is the historic colour of chinese government.

Edit: 9 is the emperor's number; the flag should probably have 9 stripes.

Republic of China 9stripes.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer the first one because the sun fits in better. It is well framed. In the second, it looks too squashed inside the triangle. I think hat triangle would need to be elongated. Maybe something like the proportions of the Philippines flag.

I alr
Honestly, I just really, really dislike that shade of yellow. I do like the design on the first one, though.
I already adjusted the blue a bit. The yellow should maybe be a bit less bright and saturated, and more red.

Keep in mind it will also look different on different screens and on fabric.

I need opinions please: Got 4 designs for a flag of a alternate Republic of China (that's headed by the claiment to the Qing Imperial throne) and cant decide which one i prefer. So i leave it up to the.....great...people of this board.
Perhaps red and yellow stripes?

Hapsburg

Banned
Flag of the Norman Empire.
In a stroke of almost total coincidence, the first human settlers in the Norma Arm of the Milky Way galaxy were, in fact, Normans.
In 2552, a group of around 800,000 Terran colonists and explorers primarily of French and Anglo descent began founding colonies in the Norma Arm, also referred to as the Norma Spur, in a planetary-dense region adjacent to the Carina Arm. The leading organizer and financier, Richard Fitzwilliam de Bray, was granted a charter by the Terran Dominion to be Lord Protector of the colonies of the region. It was hoped on Earth that Terran expansion into Norma would provide a check on Soviet and Orionese expansion in nearby regions. However, they had greatly underestimated de Bray's ambitious nature; by 2560, he had convinced the colonies under his protection to form an independent stellar nation. Declaring themselves the Norman Empire, the colonies peaceably separated from the Terran Dominion, with de Bray elected Emperor Richard I. The Normans remained tacitly neutral for around fifty years, but eventually entered into a military alliance with the Terran Empire.

The Normans did not have a national flag for the several decades of its existence. The constituent colonies preferred to use their own regional flags in conjunction with the royal standard. But in 2611, a national flag was established by law, partly due to a national unity movement following the detente with the Terran Empire. It consists of a blue field, with a white triangle in which is set the twin lions of Normandy; from this wedge emanates two sprouts of four stars each, representing the first eight hundred thousand settlers. Many of these first colonists became the core military aristocracy of landed gentry and officers, and were given control over vast estates on the garden worlds of the Norma Arm. Even among the parliamentary, semi-feudal monarchies that made up the Terran alliance, the Normans were renowned as among the most traditionalist and manorial.

Flag of the Norman Empire.PNG

Last edited:

Deleted member 97083

Flag of the Ghazalid Caliphate at the beginning of the 18th century in the 1492 Hello Cruel World game. This state was formed by descendants of Janbirdi al-Ghazali, a Mamluk governor in Damascus in the early 16th century. The al-Ghazali house gradually united the Middle East after the collapse of the Safavids and the Ottomans, forming a dual Arab-Persian state known as the Ghazalid Sultanate. When the Abbasid Caliph was "rescued" from Cairo, Sultanate became Caliphate.

In response to a Greco-Hungarian crusade, the Ghazalids came to the aid of the Turks, and now they dominate Anatolia as well as a foothold in the Balkans. The Ghazalid Caliph, al-Mutawwakil VI stands as the most powerful ruler in the Eastern Mediterranean.

ghazalidflag-png.354139

Deleted member 97083

Flags of the expansionist Swedish Empire of the North, which conquered Russia in the late 17th century and was transformed into an oppressive, authoritarian military dictatorship. (Also from 1492: Hello Cruel World)

Swedish Empire Civilian and Royal Flag:
swedishempireflagcivilian-png.354143

Swedish Empire War Flag and Naval Ensign:
swedishempireflagwarflag-png.354142

Flag of the Finnish Cavalry:
swedishempireflagfinland-png.354144

Flag of Henrik Oxenstierna's infamous Third Army:
swedishempireflagnorseevil-png.354145

If there wasn't a specific reason to use 7 stripes, you could try 9 (number of provinces of ancient China) or 22 (number of provinces of the Republic of China at the time of establishment).

Not sure what you mean. You wanted it to be exactly one quarter of the flag? You could try enlarging the canton until it touches a stripe.

In this world, China is alot smaller (not having east turkestan, macnchiria, different internal divisions and a semi independent taiwan) so 22 wouldnt work.

View attachment 353996

How are these?

Blue and yellow go well together. Too bad they aren't used more often. A real shame that OTL republic of China doesn't use any yellow, it is the historic colour of chinese government.

Edit: 9 is the emperor's number; the flag should probably have 9 stripes.

The triangle one doesnt really work i think for a Chinese flag..maybe as a pennon though. But i think im gonna use my original no.2 design as the countries standard, but your first one, the rectangle and stripes, would work awesome as a presidential standard. maybe with the stripes representing the provinces like transparent blue suggest though.

I need some input on this flag for my TL in development, it's for a Pan-Scandinavian government called the Federation of Nordic Peoples.
Version 1:
Federation of Nordic Peoples (ver. 3).png

Version 2:

Federation of Nordic Peoples (ver. 4).png

So, I've been playing a certain game and just had to make a couple flags for the factions. Anyone recognize it right off the bat? :p
CommonfolkBanner.png

KSRBanner.png

Status
Not open for further replies.