Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I have two things;

1st a flag challenge. A timeline where the Confederated States of America secedes a bit earlier then in ours. And by 1884 the CSA has strong ties to Britain, and has adopted its own form of Constitutional Monarchy. So basically a CSA that is a monarchy.

2nd a question. What software are you guys all using to make these beautiful flags??

I don't get why no one's nominating and seconding flags for the Turtledoves. There were plenty of good designs in 2015, so why should we only have two entries competing ? It's too little compared to previous years.

can't talk for others but honnestly I can't remember those I liked and haven't had time to go through the backlog. I plan on making a list this year.

Hello everyone! I have two things;

1st a flag challenge. A timeline where the Confederated States of America secedes a bit earlier then in ours. And by 1884 the CSA has strong ties to Britain, and has adopted its own form of Constitutional Monarchy. So basically a CSA that is a monarchy.

2nd a question. What software are you guys all using to make these beautiful flags??

1- why would close ties lead to the CSA adopting a monarchy of any type ? and who would they put on the throne ?

2- photoshop cs6

I don't get why no one's nominating and seconding flags for the Turtledoves. There were plenty of good designs in 2015, so why should we only have two entries competing ? It's too little compared to previous years.

Right, that makes 3 now.
Come on guys! Only a few hours now!

1- why would close ties lead to the CSA adopting a monarchy of any type ? and who would they put on the throne ?

2- photoshop cs6

Thank you! And it's not so much the actual CSA as just an independent country that seceeded a couple decades before our TL's Civil War happened. Its pretty complex to explain but I'll have a thread up soon for it
:D

Pacificcommonwealthflagconcept1_zps3wtrluzf.png

I made this a long time ago for an independent western states, with the border being mid-Kansas.

attachment.php

ASB flag I made back in January for a holiday-themed round of the Weekly Flag Challenge. The backstory:

Benevolent Slovak Provisional Republic of St. Nicholas

You know Alien Space Bats, those rascals... They're constantly up to no good and mischief. One fateful early Advent, a group of ASBs decided to pick on the contemporary Slovak Republic. Their ASB ways wrecked havoc on the country, creating fear, confusion and insanity in what was to be a quiet and calm beginning to the upcoming festive season. It seemed only a miracle could help save the country from the oppression of the ASBs... And sure enough, the pre-Christmas miracle everyone was hoping for eventually arrived. If ASBs are wrecking up your country and military might, diplomatic measures or even desperate superscience can't help... Who ya gonna call ? That's right... Good old St. Nick !

St. Nicholas showed up in his magical sleigh pulled by dashing snow-white steeds, assisted by his sidekicks and helpers, an angel and a devil. The trio, but St. Nick in particular, made quick work of the ASB intruders, giving them what for and banishing them back into the ASB dimension. However, all was not well right away. Slovakia had been rather trashed and abused by the whimsically insane ideas and pastimes of the ASBs and needed at least a few months or years to rebuild. Parts of the country's leadership and elites had also been previously kidnapped by the ASBs, many of them still trapped in other timelines and awaiting eventual rescue. Given the complicated and chaotic situation in the country during the ASB defeat aftermath, St. Nicholas agreed to stay and help for a while. His efforts bore fruit in the form of a proposal to create a "provisional Slovak republic of benevolence and generosity", in order to ease the transition of the country from its crisis state back to normality - hopefully in time for Christmas, of course (by either Gregorian or Julian calendar reckoning) !

Sure enough, the plan succeeded. While the provisional republic founded by St. Nicholas was only short-lived and was replaced by the normal Slovak Republic again after mid January of the following year, this short-lived state remained fondly remembered in the memories of many a Slovak citizen. A particularly fond memory was one of the central provisional policies: "Lots of presents, generosity, love for thy fellow man, and merry-making and hoopla... But less complicated politics, people want to take their minds off that right now !" ;)

During the brief existence of the provisional republic, the secondary anthem adopted by the citizens out of gratitude was the classic St. Nicholas' Day carol Mikulášku, dobrý strýčku. :)

Here is my little idiotic idea. The flag of the Kingdom of Prussia-Bavaria

The idea isn't bad and would more then likely show up well in a natural setting but from a design and impression point of view, the fact that the bavarian white and blue fusils will always appear to be cut off at the edge makes it look like to me like an image on tv with the wrong ratio. One possibility would be to put the fusils fully sideways so that the cut off point is at the fly and hoist instead with the black bands following the lines of the bavarian part

bv-pru.png

Status
Not open for further replies.