Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

So apparently there's a sequel to CK2 BEFORE Victoria II.

Link: https://www.crusaderkings.com/news/an-heir-is-born

That doesn't make sense...they've done the Medieval Period twice now, why not move on to an Era they haven't tackled yet?

Oddly the package on Steam with almost all addons included Sunset Invasion (can go without), but did not include Horse Lords (had to buy those separately). Playing as Slavic Pagan King of Ruthenia of House Dregovich (only third one so far - I decided to buy full bundle only three days ago, and also have work and house chores to do.. so...).
The satanist-ish societies in the game are the most absurd kind of fun one can get. My dynasty founder joined the Cold Ones.
My current brilliant strategist genius gay ruler did close his eyes and managed sex with his concubines, but only daughters so far - but died before he could change the succession to allowing females inherit (his father did not think about this since he got 5 sons and thought dynasty stable - and then 3 died young and 2 had no sons). The default successor is my ruler's half-brother, King of Galych-Volynia (split off from Ruthenia due to gavelkind laws), who seems to be pretty threatening person worldwide (though he only got in a few major wars, and spent part of his formative years in prison (became chief/count of Vitebsk while still a minor due to demense restrictions).

I hope this cretin (not in medical sense, but in comparison with his genius brother - King of Galych has no skills above 12 and is a poor fighter) has more luck with children (not homosexual, but has only a daughter so far) or rules for 10+ years to allow succession changes.

I have Sunset Invasion but I've yet to actually play the event because I find the character management aspects so frustrating I often throw in the towel after the first rebellion begins because the other side gets too many damn armies.

Forgive me, but I'm at least a little skeptical of CK3 considering how Imperator turned out. Unless it's phenomenally better than CK2, I'll be sticking to CK2. On the plus side, this means that mods won't have to worry about updating to new versions anymore.

The reason they're not porting over merchant republics and nomads is probably that they are overhauling how holdings work. In CK2, the way governments work is based on holdings, i.e. republics' main holding is cities, nomads have their own special holding, etc.

From the screenshots, it seems each holding = a province in the map, and it might not be separated into different types, but might instead be a single type with can be developed in different ways.

Yo i need help since holy fury came out with crusades reworked i haven't played the gsme due to bugs that stopped my rp campaigns only started playing it a couple of months ago. So i have not experience a crusade since the rework. Playing as a muslim a saw the crusader kings notification stating crusades were now possible, thought little of it now i just got an event stating a random muslim state pledges its support to me so i was a bit confused then i saw a knight helmet icon turns out a crusade has been called. Im playing a muslim so can someone give me some advice please want should i do as this my first campaign since holy fury came out and rework info gave little info from the muslim perspective. I know theres children crusade will that happen? Does it coincide with the actual crusade? Also it caught me off guard instead of Jerusalem it went for Egypt my capital kingdom and the levant is in the middle of two diseases, so my supply there is literally 1k. Im building emergency retinue reinforcements.

I feel you, I was hoping for victoria III as well and for them to try their hand on a cold war game like the canceled East vs West again https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_vs._West_–_A_Hearts_of_Iron_Game
Honestly, a Cold War game should focus in the North vs. South conflict just as much, if not more, as East vs. West. The 20th century wasn’t only the century of the boring and highly fabricated communism vs. capitalism battle. It was also the century of decolonization and development. That’s a much more interesting game right there, but much harder to make since it depends on a very complex economic and trade system and a faithful and working representation of multilateralism and international organizations.

Having game mechanics just for proxy wars and “ideological influence” or something of the sort is much easier and much more boring, unfortunately.

Yo i need help since holy fury came out with crusades reworked i haven't played the gsme due to bugs that stopped my rp campaigns only started playing it a couple of months ago. So i have not experience a crusade since the rework. Playing as a muslim a saw the crusader kings notification stating crusades were now possible, thought little of it now i just got an event stating a random muslim state pledges its support to me so i was a bit confused then i saw a knight helmet icon turns out a crusade has been called. Im playing a muslim so can someone give me some advice please want should i do as this my first campaign since holy fury came out and rework info gave little info from the muslim perspective. I know theres children crusade will that happen? Does it coincide with the actual crusade? Also it caught me off guard instead of Jerusalem it went for Egypt my capital kingdom and the levant is in the middle of two diseases, so my supply there is literally 1k. Im building emergency retinue reinforcements.
First, I've never played against a crusade but having played in one I can say that they never really seem as threatening as they look. The Muslim target usually gets the majority of major Muslim nations to support them and the Crusaders have attrition and supply issues. So just kill their armies a few times and stop them holding the target for any length of time and you'll win.

The Children's Crusade is a separate event chain and weirdly can be more effective than a normal crusade. The thing about the Children's Crusade is its strength depends on how much support it is given but also that the event chain can actually fail so it might never get to you. If it does, then just crush the army if you can.

For fuck sake the crusades are broken im the arabian empire my capital in Cairo and the crusades are always targeting Egypt i've been save scumming and its not working they won't target Jerusalem as 'changing targets title' doesn't work on the person title they only go for the first one so did some messing around thank you king of norway for having alot piety now it targets Jerusalem.

Having game mechanics just for proxy wars and “ideological influence” or something of the sort is much easier and much more boring, unfortunately.

The economic aspect of the Cold War would require Victoria-tier number wizardry, and we all know that the main reason why Victoria III isn't a thing yet, it's because doing that all over again would be one hell of a pain in the ass without the right people.

i think the crusades are broken in my game i think they keep being called off a week before there meant to begin. The crusades are not happening, what am i meant to do.

That's common, if they aren't considered powerful enough (ie. a lot weaker than the target) they get called off.
So crusades are naturally called off sweet.

Btw what buttons do i need to press to stop HRE anti pope they had it for three emperors now and no one has pushed there pope hre hasn't, papacy hasn't pushed there claim what do i need to do for the hre to abandon there anti pope?