Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Tellus, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Ice34 Well-Known Member

Too close to Imperator for something like that

2. Tairo Well-Known Member

People please! The teaser is clearly for Sengoku 2

herkles and minifidel like this.
  3. floyd22 Well-Known Member

4. haider najib Well-Known Member

MAD MOVES BY CROATIA in my game. the Croatian queen has made a mad move to push her candidate onto the hungarian thrown while they are in civil war turns out the claimant is the mother of queens consort meaning her husband would eventually become king and there son would then combine both kingdoms under the Croatian dynasty.

Edit:this is ai Croatia just reversed uno hungary.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Admiral A. Kolchak and minifidel like this.
  5. haider najib Well-Known Member

which bloodline is better the warrior philosopher or the conqueror/ blood of (bloodhound nick name)?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  6. Worffan101 Ain't done nothing if I ain't been called a Red

I like the one that lets me drill troops personally. With the mod that fixes the temporal pagan reform sainthood bug, and lucky rolls on the Alexander bloodline, I can pick up a half dozen bloodlines in about 3 generations (forged +warrior lodge +Roman emperor +sainthood +Alexander + another sainthood if I'm lucky) so at some point it doesn't really matter.

Yes I am replacing the dirty Christians with good servants of Jupiter and Pluto, why do you ask?

7. Neoteros Dux Mediolani

It might be a high fantasy version of Stellaris, I hope so at least - there'd be nothing stopping them from procedurally creating a land where axe-wielding dwarves battle against chi-overdosed martial artists while malicious djinn look from above, or a world where Anansi, Loki and the Raven accidentally wiped out the human race while trying to outwit each other... :p

8. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

Well, not of Stellaris exactly. I mostly say that because I get that people refer to the procedural creation and non-Earth setting, I'm a bit too much of an old Science Fantasy fan to not think of high fantasy Stellaris as spaceships and magic.

9. haider najib Well-Known Member

whats better for my heir hes a brilliant commander ambitious or brave?

10. ByzantineCaesar Secretary-General of URSAL

Ambitious. Hover over the trait icon to see the stats it gives. IIRC Brave gives +2 to Martial. Ambitious gives +2 to everything.

Thoresby likes this.
  11. Night Gaul Well-Known Member

I can't be the only one who'd like to see Gnosticism as a religious group.

Darne, GoukaRyuu and Shiva like this.
  12. Thoresby Well-Known Member

Ambitious is good but it does give in game malus events and friction with content characters, Brave has smaller upsides but no downsides. But Brilliant Strategist is amazing, plus 9 Martial, plus 2 stewardship and intrigue and plus 20 combat skill. It's by far the best trait in the game.

The Tai-Pan likes this.
  13. Karolus Rex Most Biased Mod in NG History

[​IMG]

I think this has been my best run thus far!

14. Lord Hierarch Well-Known Member

Sometimes I look at pics at that, look at my vanilla CK2 and feelthe urge y I get some DLCs.

15. Worffan101 Ain't done nothing if I ain't been called a Red

Reminds me of how in my Roman Empire run my Emperor has six bloodlines. After 2 generations.

Forged + ancestor worship + reforged roman empire + Alexander + warrior lodge + second ancestor worship.

16. Valena Well-Known Member

Oddly the package on Steam with almost all addons included Sunset Invasion (can go without), but did not include Horse Lords (had to buy those separately). Playing as Slavic Pagan King of Ruthenia of House Dregovich (only third one so far - I decided to buy full bundle only three days ago, and also have work and house chores to do.. so...).
    The satanist-ish societies in the game are the most absurd kind of fun one can get. My dynasty founder joined the Cold Ones.
    My current brilliant strategist genius gay ruler did close his eyes and managed sex with his concubines, but only daughters so far - but died before he could change the succession to allowing females inherit (his father did not think about this since he got 5 sons and thought dynasty stable - and then 3 died young and 2 had no sons). The default successor is my ruler's half-brother, King of Galych-Volynia (split off from Ruthenia due to gavelkind laws), who seems to be pretty threatening person worldwide (though he only got in a few major wars, and spent part of his formative years in prison (became chief/count of Vitebsk while still a minor due to demense restrictions).

I hope this cretin (not in medical sense, but in comparison with his genius brother - King of Galych has no skills above 12 and is a poor fighter) has more luck with children (not homosexual, but has only a daughter so far) or rules for 10+ years to allow succession changes.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019 at 4:42 AM