Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Also if Ewan McGregor is still in the Prequels might I suggest him as a sith or maybe a Dark Jedi (if movies about the Old Republic are made instead of Prequels, though I they would be the ITTL Prequels):

a108badccb3038324be40ca3c4e23492e6f527e1_hq.jpg
daeeqfg-e75393c8-855e-4179-be63-61b3d76f0dd3.png
thinger-2161.jpg
d9hee0p-429c6c9b-6613-44b8-a2e9-de9519d4e2b6.jpg
obi_wan_kenobi_is_a_bit_on_the_dark_side_by_stick_man_11-d8thct8.jpg

Actually now I’m more interested in the ITTL Prequels being about the Old Republic Era and the various Sith Empires.

Last edited:
Also if Ewan McGregor is still in the Prequels night I suggest him as a sith or maybe a Dark Jedi (if movies about the Old Republic are made instead of Prequels, though I they would be the ITTL Prequels):

a108badccb3038324be40ca3c4e23492e6f527e1_hq.jpg
daeeqfg-e75393c8-855e-4179-be63-61b3d76f0dd3.png
thinger-2161.jpg
d9hee0p-429c6c9b-6613-44b8-a2e9-de9519d4e2b6.jpg
obi_wan_kenobi_is_a_bit_on_the_dark_side_by_stick_man_11-d8thct8.jpg

Actually now I’m more interested in the ITTL Prequels being about the Old Republic Era and the various Sith Empires.

I didn't expect that much fanart of Evil McGregor! I'm not a Star Wars fan but darn!

On the subject of David Lynch and Kyle McLaughlin....
IOTL, the 1984 Dune movie was made largely in part due to the success of Star Wars. What if in this timeline, Dune gets made as tv mini series instead? Lower budget most likely but more room to tell the story. And maybe have George RR Martin involved in some fashion as a nod to GoT, maybe lamenting the difficulties in adapting books to tv. ;)

@President_Lincoln Its nice to see that Morgan Freeman is apart of Star Trek ITTL, and nice to see that non-Whites and Women will get an earlier start on television ITTL aswell.

Just to get some questions out of the way, what are these people doing ITTL so far?

• Brenda Spencer
  • Michael Reaves & Greg Weisman
  • Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer
  • Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden
  • Joanne Rowling
  • Che Guevara
  • Tim Berners-Lee
  • Fred Rogers
  • and Bob Ross

While I have been impressed with the recent updates, I do have an issue with some things:

Phase II: While I understand that was the OTL title of the project, I have high doubts it would remain as the title, especially for NBC. Also, the inclusion of Roddenberry in the project would be a bit complicated for one reason: 1968. With two seasons, Roddenberry looked to cede the showrunning duties and focus on other projects (namely, the failed Assignment: Earth). The problem, however, is that there is an effective tug of war since Roddenberry IOTL sold his share of Trek to Paramount in a poor attempt to cash in on the series (not so much NBC). Here, with Desilu still Lucille Ball's baby instead of Paramount and closer involvement with the studio, they may have a bit more say in the show than Roddenberry would like and, even if the show manages a success, I don't think Roddenberry is going to get away with free reign without Solow and Co. making some slight interjection for network/personal reasons. And while I do appreciate George Takei in the Captain's chair, I do find it not a permanent situation due to Takei's political activism and entering politics (and it wouldn't seem to me likely that he would abandon it, unless for some key reason). On the bright side, there is an opening for Ball's further appearances on the show. Also, once Takei leaves, he has a vehicle to run on for politics.
Well, on the case of Roddenberry, I should point out, that for one, Roddenberry never sells his share of the Star Trek rights in ITTL to Paramount, as with Star Trek having become vastly more successful than in IOTL, he decides to keep his focus on that at the studios behest (meaning that other projects such as Assignment: Earth are never produced ITTL), and remains the main show-runner throughout all of Phase I, and decides to possibly focus on other projects only after he's finished with Phase I of Star Trek. However, as mentioned in the chapter, a rather controversial deal occurs between NBC President Julian Goodman and Roddenberry during late production of the fifth season of Phase I when Roddenberry starts hinting that he's going to look at other projects occurs, leading to Roddenberry eventually staying on Star Trek and working on Phase II, in exchange for Roddenberry getting a larger share of the Star Trek rights for any future series produced (thereby basically co-owning any future show, in this case being Phase II and Phase III).

As for Takai, that's a different story, but I will say that just because he enters Phase II in the captains chair, doesn't necessarily mean Phase II will eventually end with him still as Captain. I'd have to talk with @President_Lincoln more on that though.

I have but one suggestion....Ken Watanabe as Obi-wan Kenobi in the Prequels!
And Ewan McGregor as Anakin Skywalker!

dcd461p-064cc014-39a7-4292-8529-c3995b46f4d3.png

That said, I'm personally slightly more favorable of Hiroyuki Sanada as young Obi-Wan, but that's just me.

With someone other than Lynch directing a Dune movie/miniseries I can see the effects being more subtle and minus all the Lynchian weird-for-the-sake-of-it nonsense. Baron Harkonen didn't use his anti-gravity belt to fly, or at least not in the first book. He was just too obese to walk without it. The personal shields were just a faint shimmer around the person instead of the embarrassingly dated blocky effects they were in the movie. In short, the best way to get an accurate adaptation is to give it to a director who isn't an auteur desperate to put his stamp on it.

With someone other than Lynch directing a Dune movie/miniseries I can see the effects being more subtle and minus all the Lynchian weird-for-the-sake-of-it nonsense. Baron Harkonen didn't use his anti-gravity belt to fly, or at least not in the first book. He was just too obese to walk without it. The personal shields were just a faint shimmer around the person instead of the embarrassingly dated blocky effects they were in the movie. In short, the best way to get an accurate adaptation is to give it to a director who isn't an auteur desperate to put his stamp on it.
Patrick Stewart still has to carry a pug into battle. The multiverse demands it.

If Dune does go the miniseries route, I can see them pouching sets, props, costumes, etc from historical epics and such, giving the Dune universe a more anachronistic style in addition to its heavy Middle Eastern influences.

On a much more serious topic, is the Catholic Church Child Abuse scandal going to make its ugly head known like otl? Always wondered what would have happened if those cases were given the right attention sooner. Would an earlier revelation lead to Ireland liberalising earlier?

Last edited:
On a much more serious topic, is the Catholic Church Child Abuse scandal going to make its ugly head known like otl? Always wondered what would have happened if those cases were gotten the right attention sooner. Would an earlier revelation lead to Ireland liberalising earlier?
I think it depends on how the Church handles the fallout, if it handles it like OTL, yeah that could happen... If they manage to handle it better (perhaps having a Catholic internal investigation do the revealing) then I think the church could stem the tide Abit.

I'd also point out that some butterflies may of lessened the scandal, such as the Church getting better treatment centers for it (the ones that were up at the time, were going on the idea that Pedophilia could be treated like alcholism, this got really bad in the 1980s) and different Bishops getting appointed to different places (due mostly to the bishop being in charge of how priests are positioned and what to do with accused people. If bernard Law for example is not elevated to his job in Boston and instead someone like Sean O'Malley gets it earlier you could be looking at a much different way of how it was handled

Last edited:
Patrick Stewart still has to carry a pug into battle. The multiverse demands it.

If Dune does go the miniseries route, I can see them pouching sets, props, costumes, etc from historical epics and such, giving the Dune universe a more anachronistic style in addition to its heavy Middle Eastern influences.

On a much more serious topic, is the Catholic Church Child Abuse scandal going to make its ugly head known like otl? Always wondered what would have happened if those cases were given the right attention sooner. Would an earlier revelation lead to Ireland liberalising earlier?

Fair enough. That bit of weirdness is harmless enough to leave in.

I like that idea. Since the advent of personal shields lead to people readopting the use of swords in combat I could see a somewhat anachronistic style being appropriate.

I like the idea of Obi-Wan dying in TTL's Empire Strikes Back. The mentor dying in the second part of the trilogy is something a certain movie that shall remain unnamed lest fans react did well.

I like the idea of Obi-Wan dying in TTL's Empire Strikes Back. The mentor dying in the second part of the trilogy is something a certain movie that shall remain unnamed lest fans react did well.
Are you referring to Pikes death in Star Trek: Into Darkness or Yondu’s death in Guardians of the Galaxy 2? I’m guessing however that your talking about the former.

Say what you will about Into Darkness, but I thought Pikes death was well done in that movie, for the most part.