Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

@RanulfC, thank you for your well-researched and thoughtful critiques! :) I always appreciate when inaccuracies or errors are brought to my attention. I apologize for not being very thorough in my thinking and research for this topic. :p I admit I am not as well versed in space technology and details as I really ought to be, and am prone to errors in that area, I'm afraid. Do you have any suggestions for how we could resolve this inaccuracy/mishap? I'm open to all kinds of ideas.

Oh I was just pointing out that the only 'inaccuracy' was it was unclear if Nuclear Thermal rockets, (NERVA) was banned as that's what the original statement seemed to say. Just need to clarify that the Test Ban Treaty regarded "put-putting" your way to Mars by sequential atomic explosions and that NERVA (and it's Russian equivalent that were the basis for the proposed Mars Mission) weren't effected by the treaty just by public opinion against nuclear power.

Which btw was a bit of point of contention between Dyson and Sagan as while Sagan wasn't exactly 'anti-nuclear-power' he was most definitely anti-nuclear weapons. So while he'd be against Orion he was (IIRC) in favor of NERVA but not really sure the utility was worth what risk there was. (Dropping even an inert reactor on someones head while only a slim possibility is STILL a possibility)

Randy

The reason why I'm thanking you now is because that I have recently have had an idea for a possible thread inspired by your style, as to say. Nothing's official yet, but I have had this idea of an alternate timeline of 21st-century pop culture and media, with a more optimistic path in mind. I don't want to come off as trying to mimicry you're work, but I just wish to share my idea with the rest of the site, since I feel like this could become an interesting idea. But besides that, awesome timeline.

An update on this post from several months ago: The timeline is finally up!

A would like to thank the community and this timeline for making me take up this timeline, hopefully both BSiC and this go places!

Oh I was just pointing out that the only 'inaccuracy' was it was unclear if Nuclear Thermal rockets, (NERVA) was banned as that's what the original statement seemed to say. Just need to clarify that the Test Ban Treaty regarded "put-putting" your way to Mars by sequential atomic explosions and that NERVA (and it's Russian equivalent that were the basis for the proposed Mars Mission) weren't effected by the treaty just by public opinion against nuclear power.

Which btw was a bit of point of contention between Dyson and Sagan as while Sagan wasn't exactly 'anti-nuclear-power' he was most definitely anti-nuclear weapons. So while he'd be against Orion he was (IIRC) in favor of NERVA but not really sure the utility was worth what risk there was. (Dropping even an inert reactor on someones head while only a slim possibility is STILL a possibility)

Randy

Ahhhh thank you for your clarification, Randy! :) To answer your question, NERVA and its Russian equivalent are both still allowed under the test ban treaty, but they are indeed affected primarily by public opinion against the idea of nuclear powered rockets, as you are saying here. This could be changed with careful experimentation, proof that NASA is taking a lot of precautions, what with JFK and his successors pushing for alternative energy (including safe Nuclear) ITTL. I'll do my best to cover this process in future space updates as they come along.

An update on this post from several months ago: The timeline is finally up!

A would like to thank the community and this timeline for making me take up this timeline, hopefully both BSiC and this go places!

My goodness! :D Congratulations, @TheDetailer! :) I'm so honored that you consider Blue Skies in Camelot an inspiration for getting you to want to write your own TL. I can't wait to read more of your work and wish you the best in continuing to write it. Phil Hartman is one of my all time favorite comedians/actors, and seeing him live on will be quite the treat for me to experience. Thank you for sharing!

My goodness! :D Congratulations, @TheDetailer! :) I'm so honored that you consider Blue Skies in Camelot an inspiration for getting you to want to write your own TL. I can't wait to read more of your work and wish you the best in continuing to write it. Phil Hartman is one of my all time favorite comedians/actors, and seeing him live on will be quite the treat for me to experience. Thank you for sharing!
Your pleasure.

H6oy.gif

Pop Culture 1974
Pop Culture 1974 - A Rumble in the Jungle

VNdXOD1vZgIbYmwHzo9fzxlh2S4JZD-knz7vjh-8wUblXWW0te2YIPauGBIFK7x2TAE8D4DbdL3KLxSbS5r6GSru-QxJjE6xM5DqY5hA47HiyG1Eg6yq01qGAGlMrGsTqvMztcUV

Above: In what has been called “the single greatest sporting event of the 20th Century”, The Greatest of All Time, Muhammad Ali overcame underdog 4-1 odds to defeat the then undefeated, heavy hitting George Foreman. The first is famous for the introduction of Ali’s acclaimed “rope-a-dope” tactic. It was watched by over 1 billion viewers, becoming the most watched live television broadcast ever at the time and earning over $100 Million gross.

Billboard’s Year-End Hot 100 Singles of 1974 (Top Ten)

1. “Come and Get Your Love” - Redbone

2. “Bennie and the Jets” - Elton John

3. “Born to Run” - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

4. “Fox On the Run” - The Sweet

5. “Jungle Boogie” - Kool & The Gang

6. “Dancing Machine” - The Jackson 5

7. “Hooked On a Feeling” - Blue Swede

8. “You’re Sixteen (You’re Beautiful, and You’re Mine)” - The Beatles

9. “The Joker” - Steve Miller Band

10. “Waterloo” - ABBA

News in Music, Through the Year

January 3rd - The Beatles, The Band, and Elton John kick off a monumental U.S. tour. Elton’s singles “Crocodile Rock” and “Bennie and the Jets” were Apple Records’ biggest selling in years. Queen, another group of major rising stars at Apple, will join the tour in April.

February 10th - Legendary record producer Phil Spector and his wife, Ronnie Spector, are walking near their home together in Los Angeles when all of the sudden Ronnie is struck by a car and tragically killed. She was only thirty years old.

Fu2x1du-2sIpwWwgd7xH5B3pYOcxfTNQdv5sx0s8XjF_X2mdi1iH_wtpSnu5Tt6HVS1FEIIQlgXYlp2NOrsHV4lOcvPON3vV2PFpKjaTFXp4JJbdQ2i0nq4d9mbQso1neK6BZRIq

RIP Ronnie Spector (1943 - 1974)

February 16th - After two years of bitter litigation and court battles, American rock band Grand Funk Railroad finally managed to retain the right to use their name over their former manager, Terry Knight. Knight did however, receive a hefty cash settlement.

February 18th - Yes sells out two shows at New York’s Madison Square Garden without doing a single bit of advertising. That same day, KISS release their self-titled debut album.

February 20th - Cher and Sonny Bono file for divorce after ten years together.

March 1st - Canadian band Rush release their self-titled debut album. Original drummer John Rutsey would soon be replaced by prolific lyricist and rock icon, Neil Peart.

March 12th - On a late night bender after a sold out show at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, John Lennon of the Beatles gets into an altercation with a photographer outside of The Troubadour Club in Los Angeles. Onlookers at the scene recall seeing Paul McCartney call Lennon “a fucking idiot” and drag him with help from Ringo Starr and Elton John into a cab to get him back to the hotel.

April 6th - 200,000 Music fans attend the California Jam Rock Festival. Artists performing at the event include Emerson, Lake & Palmer; Black Sabbath; Deep Purple; Chicago Transit Authority; and the Eagles. This same day, ABBA launches their international career when their song, “Waterloo” wins the Eurovision contest.

April 17th - Queen play their first North American show in Denver, Colorado, opening up for fellow Apple Records stars, Elton John and the Beatles. Their finale of “Seven Seas of Rhye” earns a ten minute standing ovation.

April 25th - Jim Morrison and his longtime companion, Pamela Courson are found dead in their Hollywood apartment. She, seemingly from a heroin overdose, he from a gunshot wound to the head. It would later be found that rather than call the police, Morrison committed suicide when he saw his Pam was gone.

JdLTnZ_SzNkGvX2sYOu1OmqNoi9mal4P3egYV40t_8MpriBVWe4Gg7W_TjyDukrUJ0xID3xO8cAsH6nOqVGRGFelzU_jW5DTCoiuC0Y1XKOtvdgG0erJ1N33MFjfWPZ6ZyaCnOG2

RIP Jim Morrison (1943 - 1974)

RIP Pam Courson (1946 - 1974)

May 7th - Led Zeppelin announces it will found its own record label, Swan Song Records to help promote their own material more independently and to provide bands who would otherwise not be signed by a label a chance to make music. Singer Robert Plant attributes the band’s decision to the prolific success of the Beatles’ Apple Records.

May 11th – The New York Police bagpipe band performs shortly after midnight at the Portsmouth, RI Ramada Inn, in connection with a National Police Week event, prompting a drunken spree lasting until dawn by at least a dozen off-duty members of the Boston Police Department, who ran naked through the motel, "smashing chairs and tables, soiling rugs, discharging fire extinguishers, exploding firecrackers, setting off a burglar alarm, disconnecting a security camera, slashing automobile tires and throwing pictures into the motel courtyard", causing an estimated $1,027.75 in damage, including liquor stolen from a locked cabinet and unpaid breakfast bills.

May 25th - Twenty years after it was first recorded, “Rock Around the Clock” by Bill Haley and the Comets returns to the Billboard Top 40, thanks largely to its use in George Lucas’ film American Graffiti.

June 5th - Patti Smith’s release of her cover of “Hey Joe” arguably marks the first Punk single in music history.

October 5th - AC/DC play their first official show with new lead singer Bon Scott.

November 2nd - The Beatles conclude their North American tour with a sold-out performance at Shea Stadium, ending their set by playing “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” together with Elton John and Freddie Mercury, of Queen. As they prepare to vacate the stage, John Lennon calls out New York Governor Jim Buckley (R) and tells the assembled fans to “Vote the bastard out!” Buckley would go on to narrowly lose his reelection bid to Congressman Hugh Carey (D).

December 31st - Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks join Fleetwood Mac. The third annual edition of Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve airs, moving from NBC to ABC. Performances include Herbie Hancock, The Beach Boys, Chicago Transit Authority, Olivia Newton-John, and the Doobie Brothers. Elvis and Ann Margret Presley’s second child, another daughter named Anna Regina, after Ann’s mother is born.

pFVcVbKXwzSjuCp1IrwkhMquQLv4VpOw4y1ZPxRCXgl1JRBWHCwYT14Y0h8YCF7cu5wWpTmA9mz0wS2dfhr9zzYLGQt4uMlOyXwOXGSTza6hdJ3V6Qj9Qh4uog3MnCffUiDBQL0M

1974 in Film - The Year’s Biggest

Blazing Saddles - Satirical western. Directed by Mel Brooks and starring Cleavon Little and Gene Wilder, the film was written by Brooks, Andrew Bergman, Richard Pryor, Norman Steinberg, and Al Uger, and was based on Bergman’s story and draft. Satirizing the racism obscured by myth-making Hollywood accounts of the American West, the film’s hero is a black sheriff in an all-white town. Though critical reactions to Blazing Saddles at the time of its release were mixed, it has since come to be regarded as a comedy classic and was the highest grossing film of the year. Another Brooks/Wilder project, Young Frankenstein would be among the top 10 grossing films of 1974 as well.

pai5REChLlbOFFxAHR7gsmD2Jg_5LyYgkDQVBg8JuajBSwh15JTmLSCa5bgXInAgC1Ofp0aeR07dKUTHczGIxqa97AtuZDzCc2f4QRe8h70P3Cb5XfVlu4EQFSZVt7j5xtxBv7u4

The Godfather, Part II - Crime Drama, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, adapted from a screenplay co-written by Mario Puzo, and starring Robert De Niro, who reprises his role as Don Michael Corleone and Al Pacino, who plays a younger version of Michael’s father, Vito, during flashback sequences. The sequel to one of the most highly acclaimed films of all time, Part II features parallel dramas: one picks up the 1958 story of Michael Corleone, the new Don of the family, protecting the business in the aftermath of an attempt made on his life, and another set near the turn of the century, which shows Vito Corleone’s childhood and founding the criminal family. Some have even deemed the sequel the superior to the original, though Part II did not perform quite as well at the box-office upon initial release.

Chinatown - Neo-noir thriller. Directed by Roman Polanski and starring Jack Nicholson and Jane Fonda. Inspired by the California water wars, Chinatown would often be referred to be by film buffs as “Polanski’s revenge” for his wife, Sharon Tate’s infidelity scandal with Senator Ted Kennedy. Polanski and Tate would divorce in September of this year, followed in short order by Kennedy and his wife, Joan. The Senator and Tate would thereafter marry each other the following year. The film, Polanski’s most successful yet, would be nominated for 11 Oscars, eventually winning 2: Best Director for Polanski and Best Original Screenplay.

The Longest Yard - Sports comedy. Directed by Robert Aldrich and starring Elvis Presley. The film follows a former NFL player (Presley) recruiting a group of fellow prisoners and playing football against their antagonistic, overly cruel guards. It features many real-life football players, including Green Bay Packers legend Ray Nitschke. Showing Presley’s comedy chops as well as his developing acting talent, The Longest Yard, and Walking Tall established Presley as one of Hollywood’s preeminent “tough guys” in cinema.

News in Television and Film, Throughout the Year

January 6th - CKGN-TV begins broadcasting in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

January 31st - CBS airs a multi-Emmy-winning adaptation of Ernest J. Gaines' novel The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman, which follows the 110-year life of a former slave from the Civil War to the Civil Rights Movement. Nichelle Nichols portrays the title role, winning much acclaim for her performance.

March 13th - The Execution of Private Slovik airs on NBC. A made-for-television film, it told the story of Pvt. Eddie Slovik, the only American soldier to be executed for desertion since the Civil War.

March 18th - President of Desilu Productions, Lucille Ball and Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry officially announce that pre-production on Star Trek: Phase II has begun in earnest. Details will begin to emerge that Roddenberry hopes to have the show up and running for the fall of 1976, to honor the 10th anniversary of the original show.

April 5th - The Dean Martin Show spins off to a ten year run of The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast.

April 6th - “Waterloo” by ABBA of Sweden wins the Eurovision song competition, launching the band’s international superstardom.

Throughout the Summer - Tom Baker’s Fourth Doctor on Doctor Who becomes beloved by the fan base for his portrayal of the Doctor as a whimsical, yet sometimes brooding individual whose enormous personal warmth is at times tempered by his capacity for righteous anger. Baker would play the role longer than any other actor to date.

Ri-kkGmuE6ywkdOLNazE6_pqJ0akDJd3wAf7vtXf8lrbEb4FoOUCLhNzssY4DqWftchB37NikEFf-ifWg610wcRXmWV81b7T_gqmL1-Xan8FR7QUbn9ZDauP7qwmO54KLgjv0fsT

September 10th - The controversial TV movie Born Innocent, starring Linda Blair, airs on NBC. The film, which involved a fourteen-year-old being sent to what the television preview deemed a women's prison (when in reality it was a reform school), drew heavy criticism due to an all-female rape scene, the first ever seen on American television. The scene was deleted in subsequent re-airings after a group of girls assaulted an eight-year-old with a pop bottle, influenced by the scene in the film.

October 6th - Monty Python’s Flying Circus, the world’s most popular sketch comedy show airs its final episode in the UK. A week later, reruns begin to be shown in syndication across the United States.

October 13th - Beloved American television variety show host Ed Sullivan passes away at age 73.

1974 in Sport

Super Bowl VIII - Miami Dolphins win 35 - 7 over the Minnesota Vikings.

Baseball

January 16th - Yankees Legends Whitey Ford and Mickey Mantle are inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. Mantle becomes only the seventh player to make it on his first try. His 536 career home runs with the Yankees were third all time behind Willie Mays and the immortal Babe Ruth, and he played in more games overall than any other pinstriper, including “The Iron Horse”, Lou Gehrig.

April - On opening day, Frank Robinson becomes Major League Baseball’s first African-American Manager. “The Greatest Living Ballplayer”, Joe DiMaggio moves from the the Los Angeles Dodgers to become the batting coach for his old team, the New York Yankees. His wife, Marilyn Monroe, and their adopted child, A. Percival Monroe move with him to the Big Apple.

The World Series - The Oakland Athletics, led by Outfielder Reggie Jackson, defeat Roberto Clemente’s Los Angeles Dodgers, 4 games to 1.

NBA Finals

The Boston Celtics win out over the Milwaukee Bucks 4 games to 3.​

Ku8eXnzlMfWX5nW3w9gWI9ay1rWWF5jn-wI2B8Uc4uEm9lHWnbWuS-rigFbsuewY0nrVq9OBsl-fssu_w15sSVhuedCfBe9neaNXUEvTXBs8GPCEv8N7z9OH3VCUNanr-I68uV-A

Hockey - The Stanley Cup

The Boston Bruins win 4 games to 2 over the Philadelphia Flyers.

BH2_PcWiN4hpLUKaCjIoxbII29DsIhp4VgT6Tnzr5V3LgufLmq36czENIHguaf6GMjSzT3YFRiY7TnAqrZlKvFVLyKm9G2qysLMEZSxOKsT9lxrK6H0yfdpQieGep-5CVBrBCWwv

Time Magazine’s Person of the Year - King Faisal of Saudi Arabia, acknowledged in the wake of the Oil Crisis of 1973 - 1974, caused by the Saudis withdrawing their oil from the world market in protest of western support for Israel during the Yom Kippur War.

sAmx5qt7A6Nehxp96_6btohdEGhXOeCj5tevBpopmkbXuxomPaCU_vH5wPUoDZ7_8X0MqF-AkUlkJTv3YfJJexgSEfec_RYT26bkU6a4TTw7Mm7_KxQc6hTB-tGkZzUJmDbdhxNw

Other Headlines, Through the Year

On September 20th the sixty-seven members of the Native American Kootenai tribe, headed by Amy Trice, declares war on the United States government as a final effort to gain attention to the tribe's loss of land and subsequent troubles. The war was peaceful and mainly involved charging tolls to pass through tribal lands near Bonners Ferry, Idaho along US Highway 95. They also distributed information to those passing through detailing the problems of the tribe. The war gained a lot of publicity for the Kootenai tribe and the US government gave the Kootenai 12.5 acres of land to end the war.

A nationwide 55 mph speed limit is imposed across the United States in order to conserve gasoline.

The Sears Tower in Chicago is finished - becoming the world’s largest building.

hmYMXHP_awRi5JloL8x2BE7_hBuiFsdy7oDorAod2rcrmvyt-Udw3UmEu5sA_V3GOcf-PRW9F74bc6QDdQnKwTZ8r1ACPiGpqi_AqsruUPgsVy06gueR7F_Z3raR7w8i3hDQ0H2S

The Global Recession deepens, as inflation hits record highs as well.

The Global Population reaches 4 Billion people.

U.S. Ally India, under PM Indira Gandhi, successfully tests its first Nuclear Weapon.

sn8oUJaVsEk7lGsQEOdF1XVdYCHdbhfJEhQSB3fuEN9MT9k2XiCAA1AQ-FPQfAIWqm5apoaCi27R5ygBb1gAYeOSHWP1I26QEDr3sfa_vQQ8i8GsDKOm6LC_QaQs5ewe_8Fhgm57

Work begins on the 800 Mile Long Alaska Oil Pipeline.

Isabel Peron of Argentina becomes the World’s First Female President.

N2mYwckFT-KQQkl9IichTuYknuosJBbBrG-5CYkXTuU6le4kDolLktHWiu8DumH6w68KJF-kUr066vyZrcK9F37s8_Ib_b1_MDk9nnjHtJSRTzTvC2aaryE-L03_nEVMvCH5m2_p

Next Time on Blue Skies in Camelot: The Iberian Peninsula Tastes Freedom Once More

Nice update. At least you had Jim Morrison live a few more years. Also, the Phil Spector thing, did that happen OTL? Cool Elvis is into drama movies.

Like that Elvis is into comedy-drama movies ITTL; wonder what happens to Burt Reynolds ITTL...

Wonder if Nichelle Nichols will have a career beyond Star Trek ITTL (did she still star in Truck Turner as a madam)...

RIP Ronnie and Jim; wonder if Phil had anything to do with Ronnie's death, given what he's like IOTL (IMO, he was headed for disaster even without Lana Clarkson's death; the man pulled a gun on John Lennon)...

Some of the developments are interesting and waiting for more, @President_Lincoln...

Great update, Wondering how Tate’s being treated by the Kennedy Family, I can’t imagine it’s a great reception considering how exactly she became a Kennedy. Also what happened to Ted’s kids, are they under joint custody or does Joan have complete control? How do they regard their father now that his philandering was drawn into the open and just for injury married Sharon in place of their Mom

Great update Mr President! I noticed you mentioned that the Great Recession is getting worse. I wonder how that will effect Bush's re-election considering it did in OTL. Could we see "Read my lips no new taxes"?

Interesting update!

Hope the Beatles can finally hear themselves playing this time. Nice to also see Yes sell out shows without even advertising.

Sad to see Jim Morrison still unable to escape his tragedy TTL, but them's the breaks.

Ronnie Spector is dead, Jim Morrison is dead, and I'm not feeling that good myself. At least Elvis is doing quite well, and we're also getting a Star Trek Phase II (nerdgasm intensifies).

Nice update. At least you had Jim Morrison live a few more years. Also, the Phil Spector thing, did that happen OTL? Cool Elvis is into drama movies.

Damm that’s a cool update!

Lovely work there @President_Lincoln

Queen opening for Elton John and the Beatles... fire up the D-Hopper it’s time to catch a concert!

Thank you all for your kind words and comments! :D I'm thrilled that you all enjoyed the Pop Culture update. :) Phil Spector narrowly avoided a car accident IOTL, ITTL, his wife was tragically struck and killed instead. :( She and Jim Morrison are tragically unable to escape an untimely fate, but I feel that saving every celebrity from death begins to violate some unspoken rule about the use of butterflies. I'm definitely happy to have Blue Skies be a happier, more hopeful world than our own when possible, but saving every celebrity or famous person ever starts to get into territory which is just a tad too rosy, even for me.

Great update, Wondering how Tate’s being treated by the Kennedy Family, I can’t imagine it’s a great reception considering how exactly she became a Kennedy. Also what happened to Ted’s kids, are they under joint custody or does Joan have complete control? How do they regard their father now that his philandering was drawn into the open and just for injury married Sharon in place of their Mom

Thank you, Mr. President! The Kennedy Family is doing its best to welcome Sharon Tate to the clan and make her "one of the family" just like the other spouses, while they are cutting ties somewhat with Joan. She and Ted will share joint custody of their children, who are distraught over the whole thing and having a hard time accepting their father's affair, as well as their new stepmother. It's certainly a rough patch for the Kennedy Family, but RFK and the ailing JFK are trying to rally the banners and smooth things out for Bobby and Teddy. Their current goals are just getting the two Senators reelected in 1976, then rebuilding as a family to try and keep Ted's kids from feeling totally alienated. Divorce is rough, man.

Man, Elvis just keeps having dauughters! Will we see him get any sons soon?

Hey, you never know! ;) He and Ann are certainly open to having more kids, and with Elvis clean, they still have more years of fertility and potency between them. We just might see Elvis and Ann have a son before their done. If they do, I believe Elvis would want to name him "Jesse Garon", after the twin brother he lost when he was born.

Great update Mr President! I noticed you mentioned that the Great Recession is getting worse. I wonder how that will effect Bush's re-election considering it did in OTL. Could we see "Read my lips no new taxes"?

Thank you, @Kennedy Forever! Bush's approval numbers are definitely sagging at the moment. A recent poll by Gallup has him at only about 42% support, with 46% against and only 2% undecided. H.W. will need to find a way to bounce back over the next two years or he might find himself facing a primary challenge from within his own party, or perhaps worse yet, lose to whomever manages to win the Democratic nomination (slugfest though that primary may be). The real drain on his popularity is Treasury Secretary Freidman's harsh deflationary policies, which will push unemployment to nearly 11% by the end of 1975, and drastically increase the suffering caused by the recession. On the bright side, Friedman is finally beginning to show progress toward reducing inflation. The inflation rate, by the end of 1975, will be reduced to about 7% from nearly 13% at the start of Bush's Presidency. If he can ride out one more year of economic hardship and unpopularity, and show the American people that there is light at the end of the tunnel, he might just squeak by and earn a second term. Fun fact, should President Bush be reelected in 1976, and successfully serve out his last four years in office, he will be the second longest serving President in history, behind only FDR.

00BUSH41-Cover-articleLarge.jpg

In the next update are you going to bring up the war in Afghanistan just wondering great update!!! ;)

Hello there, @INSCOPEDJFK1963! I'm glad you enjoyed this update. :) Unfortunately, I will not be covering the Soviet War in Afghanistan in the next update, but rather what events transpire in the Iberian Peninsula throughout 1975. This will include the death and succession of Franco in Spain, and the "Carnation Revolution" in Portugal. Please stick with me though, and I will cover more on Afghanistan soon!

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
the death...of Franco in Spain

A running gag in one of my timeline's "Where Are They Now?" portions has...

Generalissimo Francisco Franco, at the end of said updates, mentioned under various statements of him being not alive. (I do plan on continuing the gag to the timeline's conclusion.) This is, naturally, my reference to Saturday Night Live, which depending on how things go is set to come on the air in '75.

Looking forward to what's next, as always!