An Imperial Match: Anne Boleyn marries Charles V

He let go of his horse's reins and threw himself to the ground. Ferdinand's hands were trembling as he wrapped his arms around him, pulling George to his chest. Tears burned at his eyes and he splayed a hand on his wet hair, lips pressed to his forehead.
This was so cute, but damnit Ferdinand! Just kiss his lips!

faDFASDFASDF.png

I make a lot of memes for this story in cohort with my friend, but I usually can't show them yet, since they are mostly spoilers, but here is one I made today that I can share.

14th of January, 1524.
Castello Sforzesco, Milan. 14th of January, 1524.

“They tricked us,” George started, grunting as the Sforza physician applied a poultice made of egg whites and herbs to his wound. Blood mixed with the eggs, dribbling down his sides, but Mario, the physician’s assistant, pressed a square of linen to his side, holding the bleeding. “At first, there were ten of them. Thought it would be an easy thing to just scare them off. But they led us to the woods and there were at least a hundred more Frenchmen waiting for us.”

The physician’s assistant moved slightly and Ferdinand saw the stab wound on George’s side, thin and long, sutured close. He remembered, hours earlier, when three stablehands had to hold the Duke of Württemberg down as a seamstress stitched him up. Because he needed to tell them what happened, he was only allowed a couple of sips of ale to dull the pain, and his guttural screams still ring in Ferdinand’s head.

“Why did they leave you to die?” Charles asked, leaning against the dresser. They were in the Duke’s rooms, where he would stay for the following weeks until he recovered completely. Even if the war were to end the next day, George wouldn’t be able to return to Germany until he healed. Ferdinand didn’t know what he thought about that. “You are my wife’s brother. You would be worth a considerable ransom.”

“No one was screaming out my name,” explained George. “And I’ve never sat for a portrait. I doubt anyone in their camp knows what I actually look like.” The physician called for a maid who was standing in the corner, who, along with him and his assistant, helped set George back down on the bed. “If anything, they probably thought I was just a common soldier.” He spoke in pauses as he closed his eyes and took deep breaths.

“Well,” Charles said. “You’re lucky you lived. And luckier still that my brother came out to look for you.” He looked at Ferdinand then, a question in his eyes. For a second, Ferdinand’s heart raced and he thought that Charles knew. He must have known. How could he not? It was clear in his eyes that he knew. But the second passed and Charles moved his gaze away. “You must rest. We’ll speak again later.”

Ferdinand followed him out and his brother stopped right outside of George’s room, watching as the assistants, the physician and the maids slowly filtered out, leaving the Duke to rest for the rest of the night. Ferdinand was starting to walk away when his brother held his arm and pulled him close, frowning.

“Now, can you explain to me what was that?” he asked in French. There was confusion in his brother’s eyes, towering over Ferdinand. “Why did you go after him?”

“Why shouldn’t I? He’s our ally.” Ferdinand shrugged. “Your brother-in-law.”

“But you don’t like him.”

He stepped back. “What? Of course, I like him. What are you talking about?” His cheeks flushed. He knows, he thought, looking at Charles desperately.

“You could have sent anyone else after him,” murmured the Emperor. “But you went yourself. Why?”

Because I couldn’t rest until I knew he was safe. Because I thought he was dead and I didn’t want anyone to see me cry over his body. Because…

His brother shook his head. “It doesn’t matter,” he said, placing a carefully hand on Ferdinand’s shoulder. “Don’t ever do something stupid like that again. The French would have gotten a good ransom for George, but it would’ve been enormous for you. And I can’t let that happen. Agreed?”

Ferdinand gulped. “Agreed.” His brother nodded and stepped back, murmuring something about seeing him later. He was left alone in the corridor where he stood for a few minutes, heart racing. Then, he turned around and only watched as his feet led him back to Geroge’s room.

The door creaked as he pushed it open and air flew into the room, swirling around them. George opened his eyes, almost ready to sleep, and smiled when he saw him. He had a beautiful smile, wide and unabashed. Ferdinand sighed and pulled one of the chairs available in the space, placing it next to George in the bed. He sat down.

“Missed me?” George teased. Ferdinand thought of slapping him.

“Yes,” he said, instead. The smile on George’s face grew even wider as if it was possible. Ferdinand flushed. He placed his elbows on his knees and rested his head on his hands, looking at him. “You scared me so much. I thought you were dead.”

“As you can see,” he whispered. “I’m quite well.”

“You must never do that again,” Ferdinand said. “What were you thinking? Insisting on leading it yourself? That was very stupid.”

George frowned. “Why do you care, though?” he asked, confused.

Ferdinand licked his lips. Instead of answering, he leaned forward and pressed their mouths together. He felt as George hitched a breath before he too leaned forward, deepening their kiss as much as he could from his position in bed. He felt the stubble on his chin rubbing against his jaw, his soft pillow-like lips against his. He opened his mouth.

George’s tongue touched his gently and a shiver ran down his spine. Ferdinand put a hand on his neck, feeling his pulse drumming under his finger, and he leaned forward, even more, trying to get closer and closer to George.

But the Duke arched in pain, separating their lips to curse in English.

Ferdinand leaned back. His lips were tingling. “Did I hurt you?”

“No, not really.” George nodded to the side of his body, to the injury carefully wrapped in bandages. “I’m not really in a state to be kissing.”

“Oh.” His cheeks flushed and he settled back on his chair, embarrassed. “Of course. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be,” said George. “You have done nothing to be sorry for.” He smiled. “You saved my life, Ferdinand.”

Tears burned at his eyes and he leaned forward again, taking George’s left hand in his own. He kissed the bruised knuckles gently, before pressing the back of his hand to his forehead. Then, Ferdinand let out a shuddering breath.

“If we are to do this…” His words failed him and he gulped, feeling a hard knot on his throat. “Then no one can know.” He raised his head to look at him again, still holding his hand. “Not even your sister.”

“Or your brother,” George retorted and Ferdinand shook his head. His heart stopped in his chest and he wanted to kiss George again. “I’m not stupid, Ferdinand. I know what the sentence for sodomy is.”

“Don’t speak that word,” he whispered, grimacing.

“I’m sorry,” George said, curling his lips down.

Ferdinand smiled. “You have done nothing to be sorry for.”

Last edited:
Ferdinand licked his lips. Instead of answering, he leaned forward and pressed their mouths together. He felt as George hitched a breath before he too leaned forward, deepening their kiss as much as he could from his position in bed. He felt the stubble on his chin rubbing against his jaw, his soft pillow-like lips against his. He opened his mouth.

George’s tongue touched his gently and a shiver ran down his spine. Ferdinand put a hand on his neck, feeling his pulse drumming on his finger, and he leaned forward, even more, trying to get closer and closer to George.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah amazing

:love::love::love:
It's happening. Great chapters. I can't wait to see how this continues.

I really doubt that Ana Bolena will do anything against them. Even if she "hates" this relationship.

Having the favor of Ferdinand, a powerful nobleman at court, is too good politically for her (the daughter of a lesser nobleman, an Englishman for the worse, if her father were a lesser nobleman from Spain, Germany, Burgundy or the Netherlands, she would have "support" in the court of one of the lands of her husband)

God, if Ana were more pragmatic and she knew about Ferdinand's liking for George, I wouldn't be surprised if she delivered George on a silver platter. It may be a forbidden and sodomite relationship, but a relationship that benefits Ana's position too much.

PS: George have to make Ana read Machiavelli, she will be more understanding (more pragmatic) if she discovers him.

I really doubt that Ana Bolena will do anything against them. Even if she "hates" this relationship.

Having the favor of Ferdinand, a powerful nobleman at court, is too good politically for her (the daughter of a lesser nobleman, an Englishman for the worse, if her father were a lesser nobleman from Spain, Germany, Burgundy or the Netherlands, she would have "support" in the court of one of the lands of her husband)

God, if Ana were more pragmatic and she knew about Ferdinand's liking for George, I wouldn't be surprised if she delivered George on a silver platter. It may be a forbidden and sodomite relationship, but a relationship that benefits Ana's position too much.

PS: George have to make Ana read Machiavelli, she will be more understanding (more pragmatic) if she discovers him.
Yeah, but neither George nor Ferdinand know if Anne is an ally or a homophobic and considering the punishment for sodomy is a one way ticket to the pyre, I wouldn't say they can risk her knowing, especially with how religious Anne is known to be.

are you suggesting anne whore george off for?

Her heart raced and Lady Bryan placed her hand inside, touching the Princess' little chest. She felt cold. There was no movement, no rise and fall of her ragged breaths, no pulsing heart underneath. Princess Katherine laid in her crib, deathly still.
That’s her, officer. That’s the writer who shattered my heart into a million pieces.