Status
Not open for further replies.
What were the comic's biggest flaws?

The marketing department stretched it way too far. The meandering and nonsensical plot dragged on so long because it was an Event Comic and Event Comics were big money. Marvel wasn't in the best shape economically.

Condense it to its basic form and strip out the 90's nonsense and you'd get a pretty good story. I'd say Willem Dafoe could play a good Jackal.

The marketing department stretched it way too far. The meandering and nonsensical plot dragged on so long because it was an Event Comic and Event Comics were big money. Marvel wasn't in the best shape economically.

Condense it to its basic form and strip out the 90's nonsense and you'd get a pretty good story. I'd say Willem Dafoe could play a good Jackal.

Hey, isn't this version of The Clone Saga entirely different from IOTL? Or is it roughly the same?

Which nonsensical elements would be the easiest to omit from the movie version?

1. The faffing about regarding whether it’s Peter or Ben who’s the clone.
  2. The annoying little clone of Peter Parker dressed liked the Jackal.
Honestly it’s easiest to omit basically everything but the concept about the debate about who’s the real Peter Parker and the conflict with the Jackal. There’s a million random plot threads that go nowhere that can be easily ignored.

Before I forget, who would make a good Ben Reilly?

The same guy as Spider-Man since he’s a clone of Peter Parker. Though maybe he’d have a different hairstyle or he’d be wearing glasses or something else to distinguish them from the other.

Spider-Man 5: The Clone Saga (2004 film)
Spider-Man 5: The Clone Saga
Released by Walt Disney Pictures on June 7, 2004

Directed by JJ Abrams
Written by Alvin Sargent with Alex Kurtzman and Robert Orci

img-7.jpg

Leo returns as the web-slinging hero once again. This time, DiCaprio also plays Ben Reilly, a clone created by the villainous Jackal (Jackie Earle Haley). In addition, Leo's face was digitally scanned to be superimposed on all the other incidental Spidey clones that appear throughout the film. Because of the lack of cohesion in the comic mini-series, the film, the screenwriters elected to forego the more insane and unhinged elements of the comic and condense the plot to focus solely on two things; the debate among the clones as to who's the real Peter Parker, and the conflict with the Jackal. Tonally, Spider-Man 5 returns to the much more serious tone of 1 and 2. The third and fourth installments were much more light-hearted due to the idiotic controversy that surrounded the death of Gwen Stacy in the second film.

SELECT CAST
Leonardo DiCaprio as Peter Parker, Ben Reilly and the Spider-Man clones
Jackie Earle Haley as Dr Miles Warren/The Jackal
Barry Pepper as Anthony Serba

Spidey 5 did well with critics and audiences, giving Disney the confidence to fast-track Sinister Six for a June 6, 2006 release.​

Venues for the premiere(s) of Spider-Man 5: The Clone Saga

US Premiere
Held at Radio City Music Hall
New York City
TonyBennett_091516_204W-L-1590x890-OPT.jpg

UK Premiere
Held at Hampden Park
Glasgow, Scotland
JS139974864.jpg

For the opening of Spider-Man 2, back in 1995, the venue for the British premiere had been Murrayfield in Edinburgh. That year, Kinloch Anderson manufactured commemorative kilts for Leonardo DiCaprio and the rest of the cast and crew.​

M. Night Shyamalan's the Village
The Village
Released on June 14, 2004 by Grand Diamond

26cc1c44accd2dd6fd6e53dd825ec84d.png

Story, cast and crew are the same as OTL.

Upon its initial release, critics and audiences expressed extremely harsh opinions about the film's twist ending.

In later years, those opinions would soften. One reexamination can be found in a Vox article written in OTL 2019:

https://www.vox.com/2015/9/11/9309749/the-village-shyamalan-good

1. Who's going to buy the unfinished Trump Texas Park?
  2. What's the name going to be?
  3. When will it be opening?

I belive that Old Navy chose Warner Parks to by Trump Texas Park. Oldnavy has not finalized the name but I put it down as Beautiful World. I like the idea of the Donald trying to name it Trumps Great Big Beutrufal world only to be threatened with a law suit by the sesame work shop because Great Big Beutfuil world was a song sung by Big Birde

Off topic and very late to ask in this TL but I do have one question. With Walt Disney being a railway enthusiast himself, wonder if he did get the chance to see this certain locomotive when it visited the West Coast in 1971-72?
sharpe-army-depot-lathrop-jack-neville-1024x675.jpg

Quite an interesting thought of Disney seeing Flying Scotsman in the flesh, plus a chance meeting with Scotsman's owner Alan Peglar which knowing how similarly ambitious they were, it would've been quite an interesting meeting ITTL :)

What next now that you done the village. Is it chaotix adventures 3. That's the one where robonick power up the dorky maurice the hedgehog and his friends and uses them as unwitting pawns in a plan to discredit the chaotix

1. Who's going to buy the unfinished Trump Texas Park?
  2. What's the name going to be?
  3. When will it be opening?

I belive that Old Navy chose Warner Parks to by Trump Texas Park. Oldnavy has not finalized the name but I put it down as Beautiful World. I like the idea of the Donald trying to name it Trumps Great Big Beutrufal world only to be threatened with a law suit by the sesame work shop because Great Big Beutfuil world was a song sung by Big Birde

Yes it'll be Warner Parks. But they will have to hurry if they want to continue cashing in on Steven Universe rides because the license with Grand Diamond expires after 2014.

The park should be up and running by 2006.

Off topic and very late to ask in this TL but I do have one question. With Walt Disney being a railway enthusiast himself, wonder if he did get the chance to see this certain locomotive when it visited the West Coast in 1971-72?
sharpe-army-depot-lathrop-jack-neville-1024x675.jpg

Quite an interesting thought of Disney seeing Flying Scotsman in the flesh, plus a chance meeting with Scotsman's owner Alan Peglar which knowing how similarly ambitious they were, it would've been quite an interesting meeting ITTL :)

Yes, Walt got to see that.

What next now that you done the village. Is it chaotix adventures 3. That's the one where robonick power up the dorky maurice the hedgehog and his friends and uses them as unwitting pawns in a plan to discredit the chaotix

Yes, that will be the next update, or at least one of the next ones.

Yes it'll be Warner Parks. But they will have to hurry if they want to continue cashing in on Steven Universe rides because the license with Grand Diamond expires after 2014.

The park should be up and running by 2006.

Yes, Walt got to see that.

Yes, that will be the next update, or at least one of the next ones.

I think the donald should chrash the grand opening of the texas and whin about how warner swerred his vison for the park

Status
Not open for further replies.