Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did find that TL to be a real liberal wank, they extended Richards' life because 'I want to' and had the GOP elect a moderate narrowly, who wouldn't do much to repeal or undo much of what Richards had done.
Most collaborative TL's are unrealistic, to be honest.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Something something NSS
Two levels of collab; your Agent Lavender/NSS' which are two authors working close together, or your flavour of the month "I don't want to actually do a timeline, but I want other people to write it for me, even if it devolves into a clusterfuck".

I think Eoin is referring to the latter.

Two levels of collab; your Agent Lavender/NSS' which are two authors working close together, or your flavour of the month "I don't want to actually do a timeline, but I want other people to write it for me, even if it devolves into a clusterfuck".

I think Eoin is referring to the latter.
The latter, yes, lol.

tl'dr: My FDR-wank/spacepunk/New-Deal-Forever-punk U.S. adopts the Grundgesetz while Germany remains Nazi.

I see your New Deal constitution and raise you my Heinlein!
covenant.png

It's basically highly individualistic and quasi-pacifistic, with only two punishments for crimes: rehabilitation, or exile (up to the convicted), and illegal things don't even count as crimes if they were a failure, i.e., I attempt to trespass but the security system knocks me out climbing over the fence. Exiled persons go to Coventry, a force-fielded dumping ground for convicts who don't want therapy. The only way out is to agree to rehabilitation. Or at least it was supposed to be before the big revolt, but hey no system's perfect

It's also much stricter about separation of church and state, which may have something to do with the fact that it was created after a revolution against an oppressive theocracy.

Virginia Gubernatorial Election, 2009

In Obama's first year, it was expected that the Republican would win. What wasn't known was who the Republican nominee would be, and nobody predicted the outcome of the primary correctly. Dark-horse candidate Wayne LaPierre, chairman of the NRA, won the primary in a huge upset and took the general election in a cakewalk against State House Minority Leader Ward Armstrong.

WayneBox.png

I'm sorry...​

Last edited:
Virginia Gubernatorial Election, 2009

In Obama's first year, it was expected that the Republican would win. What wasn't known was who the Republican nominee would be. Nobody could have expected who the candidate was. Dark-horse candidate Wayne LaPierre, chairman of the NRA, won the primary and took the general election in a cakewalk against State House Minority Leader Ward Armstrong.

View attachment 308121

I'm sorry...​

Jesus Christ. You've killed Virginia. LaPierre is Hitler-light.

Status
Not open for further replies.