Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, so continuing on my theme of "edgy futures of countries that AH.com doesn't usually talk about", here's a thing from the same universe:

Although it has seen better days, the Republic of Jamaica marches forward proudly into the 22nd century a bold regional leader in culture, sport, and technology. Although the Jamaican diaspora now vastly outnumbers those actually living on the rock, those who have chosen to remain have worked to built a strong, Christian nation. God-fearing Jamaica has deep democratic traditions going all the way to its days as a British colony, maintaining a stable two-party parliamentary system even as neighboring nations succumb to political turmoil. It's a good place to live for those who enjoy traditional values, sunshine, and a slow game of cricket.

156 years old is a long, long time

And I notice there's a particular emphasis on their Christianity here

Wallet

Banned
#NotMyMadamePresident

F.B.I. Chief James Comey Is in Political Crossfire Again Over Emails

NYT - 10/25/2016 (10/28/2016 OTL)

Comey completes email review; does not change recommendation
Fox News - 11/3/2016

Donald Trump has a 19.6% chance of becoming President
FiveThirtyEight Forecast - 11/8/2016

Republicans win Senate; Presidential Election result hinges on Florida and Pennsylvania
CNN Election Center - 11/9/2016

Trump narrowly ahead in Florida (314 votes) and Pennsylvania (11,321 votes); both states to initiate automatic recounts.
Associated Press - 11/9/2016

Trump declares victory, despite ongoing recounts
TheHill - 11/9/2016

BREAKING: Three 'Uncounted' Boxes of Postal Ballots found in Broward County

Politico - 11/9/2016

BREAKING: Hillary Clinton goons attempt to steal election in Florida

Breitbart - 11/9/2016

Trump: "Ballots don't just appear out of nowhere, the Democrats are trying to rig this"
FoxNews - 11/9/2016

Broward County attributes missing ballots to "technical error"; categorically denies allegations of fraud
CNN - 11/9/2016

Clinton ahead 56 votes at end of Florida recount - declared winner of state
MSNBC - 11/17/2016

Clinton campaign calls on Trump to concede; Trump campaign vows to litigate result
TheHill - 11/18/2016

Florida Governor Rick Scott vows to appoint GOP slate to Electoral college, citing 1887 law
Fox News - 11/22/2016

SCOTUS to hear Podesta vs Scott on December 18th, day before Electoral College meets
TheHill - 12/11/2016

BREAKING: Obama recess appoints Merrick Garland to SCOTUS as Congress adjourns
Politico - 12/17/2016

BREAKING: Court rules 5-4 that Florida electors must be assigned to Hillary Clinton
CNN - 12/18/2016

Clinton selected by electoral college; Trump refuses to concede
MSNBC - 12/19/2016

Riots grapple cities across America over selection of Clinton by electoral college
Reuters - 12/19/2016

0LJk5yP.png

Gallup: 92% of GOP voters think Democrats stole election from Trump
RealClearPolitics - 1/21/2017

Trump vows to challenge Clinton in 2020
FoxNews - 1/27/2017

Clinton's approval rating sinks to 35%; Dogged by recession, gridlock in congress, and concerns over legitimacy
PPP - 11/5/2018

"Landslide" doesn't begin to describe it; GOP makes unprecedented gains across country
Breitbart - 11/7/2018

ODYCSJF.png
L5vZynl.png
C3Lbx1Q.png
Please continue

Anyway, so continuing on my theme of "edgy futures of countries that AH.com doesn't usually talk about", here's a thing from the same universe:

Although it has seen better days, the Republic of Jamaica marches forward proudly into the 22nd century a bold regional leader in culture, sport, and technology. Although the Jamaican diaspora now vastly outnumbers those actually living on the rock, those who have chosen to remain have worked to built a strong, Christian nation. God-fearing Jamaica has deep democratic traditions going all the way to its days as a British colony, maintaining a stable two-party parliamentary system even as neighboring nations succumb to political turmoil. It's a good place to live for those who enjoy traditional values, sunshine, and a slow game of cricket.

Obama Phillips is perhaps the most globally-recognized Jamaican. The latest in a long line of Jamaican world class sprinters, Phillips is currently the world's fastest man, setting a record 8.21 second sprint at the 2108 Summer Olympics in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. In addition to being a star in his native Jamaica, Phillips is a revered figure in Korea. Fluent in Korean as well as Jamaican Patois, Phillips is currently married to supermodel Lee Kyung-ah and resides in Seoul during the off-season. In 2112, Phillips, an outspoken supporter of the Korean government was awarded the Order of the National Flag by Supreme Leader Kim Tae-un for his contributions to the Korean nation.

Elizabeth Lucretia Clarke-Chambers, the world's oldest person, is exemplary of Jamaican longevity. A health-conscious people, Jamaicans have among the longest lifespans in the world. Despite her status as a world record holder, Clarke-Chambers rarely puts herself in the spotlight. When asked about the secret to her longevity, she points to her regiment of traditional herbal medicine as well as her pious lifestyle.

Former professor Jamar Campbell was recently elected by the Parliament of Jamaica as the nation's 14th President. An active member of the Church of God, President Campbell is one of Jamaica's leading Christian historians, known for his biblical literalist interpretation of Jamaican history and soothing vlogs. He is credited with reviving interest in Jamaican national history among younger citizens through his use of modern pop culture references and his firm grasp of colloquial Patois. One of the most respected members of Jamaican elite society, Campbell was a consensus choice as a compromise between the Jamaica Labour Party and the People's National Party and is a symbol of national unity.

NonTSm7.png

I love those sporting event locations.

One of the biggest consequences of Trump's election was the rise of the Freedom Party. Borne out of the Sanders campaign of 2016, and existing in spite of Sanders's wishes, they were dead set on stopping any "Trumpism", whatever they decide that means. In addition to that, they were opposed to "collaborationist" Democrats, and opted to work against the party instead of within it. Their biggest goal in 2018 was not to win, but to instead secure ballot access and major party status to make the 2020 elections even easier. In the Massachusetts Gubernatorial election, they nominated the former Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein, who brought to the race a few million in campaign funds that she didn't like talking about the origin of.

Representative Joe P. Kennedy III, grandson of Bobby Kennedy, was nominated in an effort to defeat the incumbent Charlie Baker. They hoped that it would bring some much needed star power to the campaign (whether that worked is up to debate - few people will admit that they had their vote swayed by a surname). He campaigned as a member of the Elizabeth Warren sector of the party, despite her reputation as a compromising collaborator that she had received among the left. The debates were really something to see, with Stein going on rants about The Establishment and talking over everyone else. Polls were very divided on this one, with Stein somewhere between 9 and 2 percent, and Kennedy and Baker trading the lead.

massholes.png

Baker won reelection by a modest margin. The political future of Kennedy was all but dead, as he had vacated his House seat to run. The Massachusetts Freedom Party was just happy with their automatic ballot access that they had earned.

One of Donald Trump's first appointments was South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley as UN Ambassador. With her away from her post, Lieutenant Governor Henry McMaster ascended to the office. All things considered, McMaster wasn't the worst governor, especially considering other Republicans. The "bathroom bill" was outrageous, drawing the ire of the country, but it wasn't too out of the ordinary. McMaster's steadfast commitment to Trump would lead his popularity to rise and fall with the Presidential approval ratings. The Democrats nominated state legislator Mandy Powers Norrell, believing they had a real shot at picking it up.

south carolina.png

Norrell was the first Democratic Governor of South Carolina elected since 1998, which was made official after two weeks of recounts. The McMaster camp blamed the American candidate Peter Skewes for their loss.

Misalligned
2018 Utah Senate election

Last edited:
Carteret is an odyssey in terms of Constituent Countries. Carteret was founded upon two former European colonies in the Americas: Fort Christina, a Swedish colony in the south, and New Netherlands, a Dutch colony in the North. Due to this, Carteret is the only country within the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland, and The Americas that has two ethnic political parties, Swedish and Dutch. The ethnic parties can make Carteret politics very interesting, to say the least. The government, a Centre-Left coalition between the Social Liberals and the New Dutch People's Movement (Nieuwe Nederlandse Volksbeweging, NNV) Is currently led by First Minister Rush Holt Jr., the son of former Virginia Deputy First Minister Rush Holt Sr., and Deputy First Minister Jodocus Goedhuizen, who replaced longtime popular leader Pim Nietscrollen in 2016. The Opposition, currently the Centre-Right Conservatives, led by Tom Kean, another "Jr." who is the son of former Carteret First Minister and former MP Tom Kean Sr. Other opposition include the Swedish Party of Rights for the Swedes (Parti Rättigheter för Svenskarna, PRfS), led by longtime MCP Bo Anders, the Right-wing populist Carteret People's Voice, led by Steve Lonegan, a controversial figure in Carteret, and the Centrist New Moderates, led by a collective council. The last election, results pictured below, showed a decisive victory for the coalition government.

carteret.png

PREVIOUS INSTALLMENTS:

Vancouver Arsenal (I and II), CF San Francisco, CONCACAF Champions Cup Final, Cascadian National Team 2015, America Cup (Cuba 2016) I and II and III, England vs. America (WC 2018) I, II and III, Cascadian National Team Uniforms, Double Digit Scores, 2010 Premier Division Draft, Magnificent Seven (Part I.)

INTRO

The “Magnificent Seven” series differed from the previous specials on the most successful Cascadian players abroad because it also profiled non-Cascadian nationals, including one player from one each of UAC, Illinois, and remarkably, Mexico.

PROFILE TWO:

KOAArV5.png

Oliver Alcott James Crawford (born October 29, 1992) is an American professional football player who plays as a winger for CD Espanyol in La Primera Division in Spain and on the United American Colonies’ national team. He has also played for AS Baton Rouge, Multnomah Union and Almeria.

A pacy, right-sided wide player who is also highly proficient with making dead ball plays, Crawford was the first Cascadian-trained player to join a top-league club in Europe since 2002.

FAMILY and YOUTH CAREER

Oliver Crawford comes from a sporting family. His father was a multi-disciplinary college athlete, and his older brothers Alexander and Wilbert both played Yale Pass (also known as Grid Football) in the American School League representing Saint Paul’s, Concord, and went on to university and then professional careers.

Oliver also played Yale Pass for Saint Paul’s in his junior grades but was reportedly later discouraged in his ambition to follow his brothers by the school coach, who pointed out that he would only likely be successful in positions that already had a lot of competition for starting spots. Crawford relayed the conversation as, “he asked me if I knew how many aspiring athletes were waiting for the kicker spot or a wide position to open up on a serious college team. I said I did not. What he told me wasn’t encouraging, and that set me on the path to football and Vancouver.”

Crawford then tried out with youth teams for several professional American football clubs but wasn’t selected. Said Crawford, “I was told I just didn’t have the skills to go with my athleticism. I could have kept trying with teams lower on the tier, but what I really needed was a team that would have patience and focus on training me.”

In 2005 he moved to a boarding school in Vancouver, Cascadia to be able to attend the Van Metro Youth program. At the time he was the oldest player in the Academy’s junior division, but made up ground quickly, moving to the senior selection and then on loan to AS Baton Rouge in the Ligue Nationale in Louisiana, where he made 28 senior starts and scored 7 goals and was part of the team that finished first in Ligue de Veraine 2009.

CASCADIA

Crawford was noticed by Multnomah Union, who, after extensive bargaining with local partners and rivals Oregon City and Vancouver Arsenal, secured his services in the 2010 preliminary draft. He played with Multnomah in 87 league and 17 cup games over four years, with the intermission of another return to Baton Rouge on loan in 2011. In 2014 Multnomah won the Cascadia Cup, and Crawford now felt he had the necessary credentials to make a move to a bigger league.

ESPANYOL

Crawford’s agent managed to find him a move to Espanyol in Barcelona, where the winger steadily worked his way into the match-day squad, making his first-team starting debut in 2015. He also played every game of Espanyol’s Copa Catalunya-winning run in 2016. Combined with his solid international performance in the Cuba 2016 America Cup, his agent felt he now had grounds to approach Espanyol’s training staff to give Oliver more playing time. He was turned down, and advised his client a move would be preferable.

ALMERIA and return to ESPANYOL

In 2016, Crawford moved to CD Almeria, where he played for two seasons, making 58 appearances, but returned to Espanyol in 2018. In 2019, Espanyol won the regional Copa Catalunya once again, and finished in a decade-high position of sixth in Primera Division, qualifying them for the Europa Challenge in 2020, where they went as far as the knockout rounds, bowing out to Stuttgart. Crawford signed a four-year extension at the end of the 2019 season, noting that he was, “delighted to continue playing in a club I love with people who inspire me.”

INTERNATIONAL

Crawford first represented UAC’s under-17 team in 2009, after his debut with Baton Rouge. He finished the tournament with a winner’s medal.

He has also played for the U-20s and the Olympic selection.

He has played at two senior editions of the NAFC Nations cup, placing in medal spots both times and scoring 3 goals.

In 2016, he made five starting appearances and scored a goal at the America Cup in Cuba. He continued success at that competition in 2020, scoring two on the way to the final and collecting the gold medal with a victory over Mexico.

zjCvXaW.png

PERSONAL LIFE

Crawford and several of his friends were detained by the Florida coastguard after their sailing boat collided with a patrol vessel. This happened as a result of trying to manoeuvre it around the coast guard when ordered to leave the national marine park in the Dry Tortugas, where they had been anchored illegally.

Among the arresting coastguard crew was Elaine Samaniego, whom Crawford ended up marrying in 2018. In 2020, they had their first daughter, Melissa.

Crawford has persuaded his youngest brother Jonathan Forrest Crawford to also move to play at Espanyol, in the rugby division of the club.

HONOURS

Baton Rouge: Ligue de Veraine (2009)

Multnomah Union: Cascadia Cup (2014)

Espanyol: Copa Catalunya (2016, 2019)

International: NAFC U-17 Cup (2009), America Cup (2020)

Personal: Team of the Year, Cascadian First Division (2014)

Last edited:
PREVIOUS INSTALLMENTS:

Vancouver Arsenal (I and II), CF San Francisco, CONCACAF Champions Cup Final, Cascadian National Team 2015, America Cup (Cuba 2016) I and II and III, England vs. America (WC 2018) I, II and III, Cascadian National Team Uniforms, Double Digit Scores, 2010 Premier Division Draft, Magnificent Seven (Part I.)

INTRO

The “Magnificent Seven” series differed from the previous specials on the most successful Cascadian players abroad because it also profiled non-Cascadian nationals, including one player from one each of UAC, Illinois, and remarkably, Mexico.

PROFILE TWO:

KOAArV5.png

Oliver Alcott James Crawford (born October 29, 1992) is an American professional football player who plays as a winger for CD Espanyol in La Primera Division in Spain and on the United American Colonies’ national team. He has also played for AS Baton Rouge, Multnomah Union and Almeria.

A pacy, right-sided wide player who is also highly proficient with making dead ball plays, Crawford was the first Cascadian-trained player to join a top-league club in Europe since 2002.

FAMILY and YOUTH CAREER

Oliver Crawford comes from a sporting family. His father was a multi-disciplinary college athlete, and his older brothers Alexander and Wilbert both played Yale Pass (also known as Grid Football) in the American School League representing Saint Paul’s, Concord, and went on to university and then professional careers.

Oliver also played Yale Pass for Saint Paul’s in his junior grades but was reportedly later discouraged in his ambition to follow his brothers by the school coach, who pointed out that he would only likely be successful in positions that already had a lot of competition for starting spots. Crawford relayed the conversation as, “he asked me if I knew how many aspiring athletes were waiting for the kicker spot or a wide position to open up on a serious college team. I said I did not. What he told me wasn’t encouraging, and that set me on the path to football and Vancouver.”

Crawford then tried out with youth teams for several professional American football clubs but wasn’t selected. Said Crawford, “I was told I just didn’t have the skills to go with my athleticism. I could have kept trying with teams lower on the tier, but what I really needed was a team that would have patience and focus on training me.”

In 2005 he moved to a boarding school in Vancouver, Cascadia to be able to attend the Van Metro Youth program. At the time he was the oldest player in the Academy’s junior division, but made up ground quickly, moving to the senior selection and then on loan to AS Baton Rouge in the Ligue Nationale in Louisiana, where he made 28 senior starts and scored 7 goals and was part of the team that finished first in Ligue de Veraine 2009.

CASCADIA

Crawford was noticed by Multnomah Union, who, after extensive bargaining with local partners and rivals Oregon City and Vancouver Arsenal, secured his services in the 2010 preliminary draft. He played with in 87 league and 17 cup games over four years, with the intermission of another return to Baton Rouge on loan in 2011. In 2014 Multnomah won the Cascadia Cup, and Crawford now felt he had the necessary credentials to make a move to a bigger league.

ESPANYOL

Crawford’s agent managed to find him a move to Espanyol in Barcelona, where the winger steadily worked his way into the match-day squad, making his first-team starting debut in 2015. He also played every game of Espanyol’s Copa Catalunya-winning run in 2016. Combined with his solid international performance in the Cuba 2016 America Cup, his agent approached Espanyol’s training staff to give Oliver more playing time. He was turned down, and advised Crawford a move would be preferable.

ALMERIA and return to ESPANYOL

In 2016, Crawford moved to CD Almeria, where he played for two seasons, making 58 appearances, but returned to Espanyol in 2018. In 2019, Espanyol won the Copa Catalunya once again, and finished in a decade-high position of sixth in Primera Division, qualifying them for the Europa Challenge in 2020, where they went as far as the knockout rounds, bowing out to Stuttgart. Crawford signed a four-year extension at the end of the 2019 season, noting that he was, “delighted to continue playing in a club I love with people who inspire me.”

INTERNATIONAL

Crawford first represented UAC’s under-17 team in 2009, after his debut with Baton Rouge. He finished the tournament with a winner’s medal.

He has also played for the U-20s and the Olympic selection.

He has played at two senior editions of the NAFC Nations cup, placing in medal spots both times and scoring 3 goals.

In 2016, he made starting five appearances and scored a goal at the America Cup in Cuba. He continued success at that competition in 2020, scoring two on the way to the final and collecting the gold medal with a victory over Mexico.

zjCvXaW.png

PERSONAL LIFE

Crawford and several of his friends were detained by the Florida coastguard after the sailing boat they were on collided with a patrol vessel. This happened as a result of trying to manoeuvre their boat around the coast guard when ordered to leave the national marine park in the Dry Tortugas where they were anchored illegally.

Among the arresting coastguard crew was Elaine Samaniego, whom Crawford ended up marrying in 2018. In 2020, they had their first daughter, Melissa.

Crawford has persuaded his youngest brother Jonathan Forrest Crawford to also move to play at Espanyol, in the rugby division of the club.

HONOURS

Baton Rouge: Ligue de Veraine (2009)

Multnomah Union: Cascadia Cup (2014)

Espanyol: Copa Catalunya (2016, 2019)

International: NAFC U-17 Cup (2009), America Cup (2020)

Personal: Team of the Year, Cascadian First Division (2014)

Another excellent wikibox there, its interesting that NAFC is still here ITTL when it was removed in 1961 in OTL.

Another excellent wikibox there, its interesting that NAFC is still here ITTL when it was removed in 1961 in OTL.

Yeah, I mentioned it as a second-tier competition being used as a qualifier for the America Cup until the 2016 edition back in the Cuba 2016 post series, after which it was sunsetted leaving only the U-17 version around (since there isn't a NA/CA/Caribbean-wide U-17s cup). I imagine it might have been more relevant since there are a lot more countries in North America some of which are not very competitive and so wouldn't have wrapped up just because the continental-plus confederation was formed.

PERSONAL LIFE

Crawford and several of his friends were detained by the Florida coastguard after the sailing boat they were on collided with a patrol vessel. This happened as a result of trying to manoeuvre their boat around the coast guard when ordered to leave the national marine park in the Dry Tortugas where they were anchored illegally.

Best episode of How I Met Your Mother ever

Also, I'd like to know more about the different football codes in this universe

Last edited:
Yeah, I mentioned it as a second-tier competition being used as a qualifier for the America Cup until the 2016 edition back in the Cuba 2016 post series, after which it was sunsetted leaving only the U-17 version around (since there isn't a NA/CA/Caribbean-wide U-17s cup). I imagine it might have been more relevant since there are a lot more countries in North America some of which are not very competitive and so wouldn't have wrapped up just because the continental-plus confederation was formed.

True that

Perhaps the first nation to experience the crisis of Late Capitalism, Nauru struggled to survive in the decades following the depletion of its phosphate reserves. Once the wealthiest nation in the world, little Nauru soon became the most unemployed, with less than 10% of its population having jobs at the height of the crisis. With nearly its entire population on the dole, public health declined as well, with staggering rates of obesity and diabetes crippling Nauruan society. The once proud island nation became an Australian client state, surviving entirely off foreign aid that it was given in exchange for hosting one of the Commonwealth's notoriously brutal concentration camps. But after multiple inmate revolts and a shift to a "Shoot on Sight" policy in regards to refugees by the Australian government, those dollars dried up as well.

Seeing his nation on the brink of extinction, police officer Jonathan Waidabu covertly formed the Nauruan People's Army out of a small cadre of former prison guards. United by their commitment to Marxism-Leninism and attracting foreign investment, the revolutionary cell established contact with the Chinese government, who was known to have been looking to expand their influence in the Central Pacific. After a green light from Beijing, the NPA engaged in what would become known as the Nauruan Revolution, seizing the Nauruan Parliament Building and arresting all 19 ministers, the President, and both his guards. Despite protests from Australia, the United States, and their Allies, there was no Grenada moment to be had. The People's Republic of Nauru was here to stay, backed up by the vigilant Nauruan people and an army of Chinese elites eager to establish a new revolutionary tax haven.

The Nauru People's Army is the national armed forces of the People's Republic of Nauru. Armed, trained, and equipped entirely by the Chinese People's Liberation Army, the NPA is one of the smallest national armed forces in the world, despite taking up nearly half the annual budget of Nauru. Like many modern military forces, the NPA is a largely mechanized force, relying heavily on robotics and nanotechnology to maintain operational function. This is an especially acute issue in Nauru, which, while it has made significant strides in public health since the establishment of scientific socialism, still lags significantly behind other proletarian democracies in that department. Although Nauru nominally has universal conscription and mandatory military service, nearly 80% of men and 86% of women fail to meet the PLA-standardized physical fitness requirements necessary to be employed in the NPA.

Marxism-Leninism-Maoism-Waidabuism is the national ideology of the People's Republic of Nauru. Based on the foundation Scientific Maoism, Jonathan Waidabu expanded upon the teachings of his Chinese idol to match the needs of the Nauruan nation in the second half of the 21st century. Waidabuism in Nauru has continued to evolve over the years, with the Eternal Chairman's successors --- his son, Jonathan Waidabu, Jr., and his grandson, Jonathan Waidabu III --- making significant contributions to the development of its revolutionary canon. Perhaps the most distinctive characteristics of Waidabuism are its dialectical synthesis of Maoist Thirdwoldism and the traditional ecological ethos of the Micronesian proletariat as well as its enthusiastic promotion of anti-imperialist science through the revival of the revolutionary scientific theories of 20th century Soviet agrobiologist Trofim Lysenko. Today, Marxism-Leninism-Maoism-Waidabuism continues to be an influential strain of Marxism-Leninism both around the Pacific Rim and the rest of the world, with numerous parties and working intellectuals flocking to its banner of international people's liberation.

poAZWUw.png

Last edited:
a shift to a "Shoot on Sight" policy in regards to refugees by the Australian government

their commitment to Marxism-Leninism and attracting foreign investment

seizing the Nauruan Parliament Building and arresting all 19 ministers, the President, and both his guards

an army of Chinese elites eager to establish a new revolutionary tax haven.

nearly 80% of men and 86% of women fail to meet the PLA-standardized physical fitness requirements necessary to be employed in the NPA.

Is there any part of it that's not ironically quotable, darkly hilarious, or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.