Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another collection of lazy things from me, following this and this

519Z3Kl.png

C.F. San Fransisco are a professional football club playing in the Liga Superior de Mexico, the top-flight division of the Mexican Empire. They are the largest club representing the metropolitan area of San Francisco and among the most successful clubs in the history of Mexico.

Founded in 1902 by employees of the electrical company Luz de California San Quentin, the club enjoyed a successful early period in the Liga de California, winning the league eleven times between 1902 and 1924. It was the first club in California to build its own dedicated stadium and training grounds, located adjacent to the company property in San Quentin.

In 1924, as was common in the period of extreme competition, Luz de California, the main sponsor and parent company of the club, was bought out and its assets folded into its long-term rival, Imperial Gas and Electric, whose owner had no interest in supporting the club.

C.F. Luz de California was kept alive by a group of former staff and players headed by former company manager Gonzalo de Luna, but soon dropped out of competitive football. It played only friendly matches on a field belonging to the Catholic University of California between 1929 and 1938, as de Luna lacked the funds to maintain the club's stadium in usable shape.

The stadium and the land beneath it were sold to Julio Yang, a textile and department store magnate from San Antonio who decided to relocate to San Francisco following a wave of anti-Chinese unrest in Eastern Mexico. The old stadium now hosts the oldest of the iconic Havana department stores in California. Yang took an interest in reviving the club and, after acquiring a new field in the developing suburb of Los Zarapitos, C.F. San Francisco returned to professional football in 1938, reaching the quarter-final of the Imperial Cup that same year.

C.F. San Francisco joined the Mexico-wide Liga Profesional in 1943. In its first few years, the club faced a lot of hostility during its away games in Central and Eastern Mexico, being perceived as too foreign due to its largely immigrant playing roster, its Chinese-Mexican owners, and the fears that the boomtowns of California were taking jobs away from cities elsewhere in Mexico. The colour of the uniforms and the early battles fought against its rivals earned C.F. San Francisco the nickname of Sol y Sangre (Sun and Blood), which is still used as part of a chant by its fans.

C.F. San Francisco was moved to the Liga Superior for the first time in the winter season of 1963, replacing the insolvent CDS Nuevo Leon, and has remained there ever since, surviving several relegation battles and eventually establishing itself as a regular challenger for the domestic and American titles.

The club has finished first in the league of summer 1978, winter 1981, winter 1982, summer 1990, summer 1998, winter 1999, summer 1999, and winter 2006. The club won the playoffs in summer 1978, winter 1982, winter 1983, summer 2000 and summer 2013. It won the Imperial Cup in 1983, 1997 and 2001. It won the continental Champions League three times: in 1981, 1998 and 2006, and reached the final on two other occasions. It also won the second-tier continental America League in 1976, 1980 and 2001.

qvYgZT9.png

PYzTnA5.png

Last edited:

Pisces

Banned
Love it! I don't know much about football but the little touches and attention to detail definitely complete it. Plus we don't see as many sports infoboxes as we should (or really, many non-political infoboxes in general compared to the elections).

Zioneer

Banned
Another good one--Reconstruction could take a harsher tone, which might be better, but who knows

Though, the infobox still lists Maine as his place of death--is that correct?

That was an oversight, I wrote the infobox long before I wrote the background. I suppose he could have lived long enough to be taken home.

Oh well isn't this a neat little-

manifest destiny intensifies

Basically, Chamberlain is Grant without the corrupt administration... but with the manifest destinyism. And a Lincoln-esque death.

Interesting reversal, Chamberlain dying and Rousseau living this time.

Wait, did someone do a Chamberlain as President TL already? Or did I already post something along these lines?

That was an oversight, I wrote the infobox long before I wrote the background. I suppose he could have lived long enough to be taken home.

I can clean up some of these boxes for you if you want?

Basically, Chamberlain is Grant without the corrupt administration... but with the manifest destinyism. And a Lincoln-esque death.

Cool.

Wait, did someone do a Chamberlain as President TL already? Or did I already post something along these lines?

No I just meant that OTL Chamberlain lived past this point, up until the 1910's, while his VP died around the same time here IOTL (in 1869 instead of 1870).

Zioneer

Banned
I can clean up some of these boxes for you if you want?

Cool.

No I just meant that OTL Chamberlain lived past this point, up until the 1910's, while his VP died around the same time here IOTL (in 1869 instead of 1870).

If you want to clean them up, go ahead. I don't want to take away any time from your other projects, this is more of an idle project for myself (and to glorify in positive comments, but mostly myself).

Ah, I see on the deaths issue. Yeah, if they had a sudden death that could have been avoided, I generally up their lifespan, unless I kill them off like Chamberlain.

Also fun fact, with Hannibal Hamlin and Joshua Chamberlain as presidents, we have two back-to-back presidents from Maine in this TL. Then a president from Kentucky with Rousseau.

The United States dollar is the official national currency of the United States of America. While in theory it covers the entire country, in practice it is used mainly by the federal government in the payment of salaries and expenses, and for the receipt of the few taxes payable to that entity. Owing to certain restrictions put in place by the Federal Congress in the early 19th century and hardly amended since then, the US dollar is highly archaic, both in form and function. The small denomination silver certificate banknotes depict a series of allegorical scenes from history, such as the $2's 'Science presents Steam and Electricity to Commerce and Manufacture.' The $5 note was, at the time of introduction in the late 1800s, slightly controversial for depicting the female embodiment of Electricity in the nude, but this is now generally regarded as a harmless quirk (especially when compared to the depiction of sex acts on certain Pacific Gold Dollar coinage).

The coins are the most striking feature of the US dollar. Technically speaking, the dollar itself is legally considered to be 1/10 of an eagle, with quarter eagle ($2.50), half eagle ($5), and double eagle ($20) also being similarly named. The union is a gold coin with a face value of $100, with the continent (or continental) valued at $1000 and the hemisphere (or hemispheric) stamped at $10,000. Of these only the union enjoys appreciable circulation, often as an easily converted form of gold, sometimes implicated in illicit trade of black market goods. Indeed, the hemispheric is a coin nearly six inches across and weighing several pounds, and is rather impractical for any purpose whatsoever. Other notable oddities are the stella, a $4 silver coin minted to the specifications of a failed 19th century attempt at an international metric currency, and the tenth penny and half penny coins, worth 1 and 5 mills respectively, the smallest denomination coins still in production anywhere in the world.

While minting is carried out at the US Mint operated on the premises of the Treasury Department, the banknotes are produced under contract by the Virginia State Bureau of Engraving and Printing, for which the United States government pays the almost nominal fee of $270,968.75 per year. However, by contract this payment is always made in the form of a set of the rarer federal coins, which are then auctioned by the Bureau to collectors, both numismatic and commodity, for many times their face value. The federal government is generally considered not authorized to make such sales itself.

PhDJ9kS.png

1. Allegorical Nudes printed on fancy paper
2. Non-allegorical sex acts struck in gold
3. Mils as an actual usable unit

This universe is a numismatist's dream. :D

The Results of the Most Recent Canadian Federal Elections:
rfTx5B4.png

And Also:
dnYwUIx.png

The Imperial Party of Canada (French: Parti imperial du Canada) is a political party in Canada. The Party advocates for the restoration of Canadian Monarchy, and for the partial (Retaining the Amendment Procedure and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms) or full repeal of the Constitution of 1982. Its hardliners further advocate for the reversal of the gradual process of increasing autonomy from the British Empire, which took place from Confederation in 1867 to Independence in 1931, and the severing of vestiges of legal dependence on the United Kingdom, which took place from Independence in 1931 to the Establishment of Republic in 1982. Because of its anti-republican stance, in has, as of 2016, never nominated or endorsed Presidential, Gubernatorial or Senatorial candidates, focusing only on the House of Commons and the lower or only houses of the Provincial Legislatures.

I have to say, this is rather unique. I find it most interesting how there aren't separate leaders for the Presidency/Commons/Senate.

I also have to wonder who is the sole elected member in Nova Scotia, and what the various provincial governments look like.

I have to say, this is rather unique. I find it most interesting how there aren't separate leaders for the Presidency/Commons/Senate.

I also have to wonder who is the sole elected member in Nova Scotia, and what the various provincial governments look like.

The Nova Scotian Member of the CIP? Fictional. There's also a Member in the BC Legislature.

As for the Leaders:

Since the '97 Elections (First Combined Presidency+Commons+Senate election) There's an unwritten rule that the Party Leader runs for President, and the Infoboxes presented the Party Leader, not the highest ranking party member in that House (That would be, in the Commons, Rona Ambrose for the Tories and Nycole Turmel for the NDP, and in the Senate, Michael Ignatieff for the Grits.)

As for the Governments:

Federal: President-Parliamentary Semi-Presidential Republic. Was fully Presidential with a Prime Minister between 1982 and a Constitutional Crisis in 1984.

The President, which is Chairman of the Cabinet, is vested with sweeping executive powers - in most respects, similar those of the President of the United States. He is elected directly, alongside a Vice-President, for a term of 5 years, but can't serve more than two consecutive terms.

The Prime Minister is the Head of Government and Chairman of the Council of Ministers (which includes ministers who don't participate in cabinet meetings). He is appointed by the President from among the Members of the House of Commons. In practice, the leader of the majority party or coalition in the House of Commons is Appointed.

The Cabinet is the supreme decision-making body in Canada. It Consists of the President, the Vice-President, the PM and all senior Ministers.

The Parliament is Bicameral (House of Commons and Senate).

The 338-member House of Commons is elected by FPTP voting (Mixed-Member PR Until 2006, will be restored in the next Commons elections).

The 69-Member Senate, However, is Different. There are 6 Senators for Every Province serving for six years, with half of the Provincial Senators being elected every three years. In each Province, two senators are from the party that received the most votes, at elections, and one is from the runner-up party. There are 3 Senators for Every Territory serving for three years, elected like their provincial counterparts.

Alberta: Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy.

The Governor is appointed on the advice of the Queen of the UK, but the de facto Chief Executive is the Premier.

The Legislature is Unicameral (Legislative Assembly). The 87-member Legislative Assembly is elected by FPTP voting for four years.

BC: Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy.

The Governor is appointed on the advice of the Queen of the UK, but the de facto Chief Executive is the Premier.

The Legislature is Unicameral (Legislative Assembly). The 85-member Legislative Assembly is elected by FPTP voting for four years.

Manitoba: Parliamentary Republic.

The Governor is a Ceremonial post Elected by the Legislature in a Joint Session for a term of One Year. The Chief Executive is the Premier.

The Legislature is bicameral (Legislative Assembly, Legislative Council). The 57-member Legislative Assembly is elected by FPTP voting for three years. The 36-member Legislative Council is elected by Closed-List PR with no Electoral Districts for two years.

New Brunswick: President-Parliamentary Semi-Presidential Republic. Was fully Presidential with a Prime Minister between 1982 and 1984.

The Governor is elected directly, alongside a Deputy Governor, for a term of 5 years, but can't serve more than two consecutive terms. He is vested with sweeping executive powers - in most respects, similar those of the Federal President.

The Premier is the Head of Government and Chairman of the Council of Ministers.

The Legislature is unicameral (Legislative Assembly). The 49-member Legislative Assembly is elected by Mixed Member PR for four years.

Newfoundland and Labrador: Parliamentary Republic.

The Governor is a Ceremonial post elected directly for a term of 7 years, but can't serve more than one consecutive term. The Chief Executive is the Premier.

The Legislature is bicameral (House of Assembly, Legislative Council). The 40-member House of Assembly is elected by FPTP voting for four years. The 15-member Legislative Council is elected for eight years by Single Transferable Vote from 5-member electoral districts: North Labrador, South Labrador, and Newfoundland.

Nova Scotia: Fully Presidential Republic without a Prime Minister.

The Governor is elected directly, alongside a Deputy Governor, for a term of 5 years, but can't serve more than two consecutive terms. He is vested with sweeping executive powers - in most respects, similar those of the Federal President. He is also Head of Government

The Legislature is bicameral (House of Assembly, House of Representatives). The 51-member House of Assembly and The 51-member House of Representatives are elected together for four years, as would a unicameral Mixed Member PR legislature would. The List MPs become members of the House of Representatives; The Reading MPs become members of the House of Assembly.

Ontario:president-Parliamentary Semi-Presidential Republic. Was fully Presidential with a Prime Minister between 1982 and 1984.

The Governor is elected directly, alongside a Deputy Governor, for a term of 5 years, but can't serve more than two consecutive terms. He is vested with sweeping executive powers - in most respects, similar those of the Federal President.

The Legislature is unicameral (Legislative Assembly). The 107-member Legislative Assembly is elected by FPTP voting for four years.

Prince Edward Island: Fully Presidential Republic without a Prime Minister.

The Governor is elected directly, alongside a Deputy Governor, for a term of 5 years, but can't serve more than two consecutive terms. He is vested with sweeping executive powers - in most respects, similar those of the Federal President. He is also Head of Government

The Legislature is bicameral (Legislative Assembly, Representative Council). The 21-member Legislative Assembly and The 21-member Representative Council are elected together for four years, as would a unicameral Mixed Member PR legislature would. The List MPs become members of the Representative Council; The Reading MPs become members of the Legislative Assembly.

Quebec:premier-Presidential Semi-Presidential Republic.

The Governor is elected directly, alongside a Deputy Governor, for a term of 7 years, with the possibility of indefinite re-election. He is vested with sweeping executive powers - in most respects, similar those of the Federal President.

The Legislature is bicameral (National Assembly, Senate). The 125-member National Assembly is elected by FPTP voting for four years. The 75-member Senate is elected indirectly by an Electoral College for six years.

Territories: Parliamentary Republics.

The Commissioners are appointed on the advice of the Federal President. The Chief Executive is the Premier.

The Legislatures are Unicameral and elected by FPTP voting for four years.

The United States dollar is the official national currency of the United States of America. While in theory it covers the entire country, in practice it is used mainly by the federal government in the payment of salaries and expenses, and for the receipt of the few taxes payable to that entity. Owing to certain restrictions put in place by the Federal Congress in the early 19th century and hardly amended since then, the US dollar is highly archaic, both in form and function. The small denomination silver certificate banknotes depict a series of allegorical scenes from history, such as the $2's 'Science presents Steam and Electricity to Commerce and Manufacture.' The $5 note was, at the time of introduction in the late 1800s, slightly controversial for depicting the female embodiment of Electricity in the nude, but this is now generally regarded as a harmless quirk (especially when compared to the depiction of sex acts on certain Pacific Gold Dollar coinage).

The coins are the most striking feature of the US dollar. Technically speaking, the dollar itself is legally considered to be 1/10 of an eagle, with quarter eagle ($2.50), half eagle ($5), and double eagle ($20) also being similarly named. The union is a gold coin with a face value of $100, with the continent (or continental) valued at $1000 and the hemisphere (or hemispheric) stamped at $10,000. Of these only the union enjoys appreciable circulation, often as an easily converted form of gold, sometimes implicated in illicit trade of black market goods. Indeed, the hemispheric is a coin nearly six inches across and weighing several pounds, and is rather impractical for any purpose whatsoever. Other notable oddities are the stella, a $4 silver coin minted to the specifications of a failed 19th century attempt at an international metric currency, and the tenth penny and half penny coins, worth 1 and 5 mills respectively, the smallest denomination coins still in production anywhere in the world.

While minting is carried out at the US Mint operated on the premises of the Treasury Department, the banknotes are produced under contract by the Virginia State Bureau of Engraving and Printing, for which the United States government pays the almost nominal fee of $270,968.75 per year. However, by contract this payment is always made in the form of a set of the rarer federal coins, which are then auctioned by the Bureau to collectors, both numismatic and commodity, for many times their face value. The federal government is generally considered not authorized to make such sales itself.

Extreme anti-federalism... Sexy!

Albert C. Cohn was the 100th Mayor of New York City, serving from 1946 to 1953. Cohn first got his start in the Bronx Democratic Party, which received national prominence during the time when leader Edward J. Flynn was friends with Franklin D. Roosevelt. Cohn himself was a dark horse in the 1945 mayoral election, with most believing that Vincent R. Impellitri would win the Democratic nomination. However, due to the backing of a resurgent Tammany Hall, Cohn was able to win the nomination and the general election to succeed LaGuardia. During his time as Mayor, Cohn presided over successful achievements such as the selection of New York City as the host city for the United Nations and the first billion-dollar budget. While he was Mayor, grand new construction projects spearheaded by Robert Moses were built, such as the Lower Manhattan Expressway and the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel.

5kfZi9w.png

And to conclude my mimi-series series (following this)

The 2014 American Champions League final was the last game of the 51st edition of the continental American Champions league. The match was played on 14th May, 2014 in Wolfe Stadium, Boston, U.C.A, and featured the first-ever meeting of Vancouver Arsenal and C.F. San Francisco in a continental final.

In a tense and physical match, Vancouver Arsenal overcame the odds to win 3-2 after extra time, their first ever continental competition win. They had previously played and lost two Champions League finals. That made them only the fifth Cascadian team in history to clinch the title.

San Fransisco arrived into the match as firm favourites, but despite a dominant display, were not able to convert chances into goals.

dh32agS.png

San Francsico arrived to the finals in impressive style, easily topping their group and powering past Cascadian champions Tacoma, as well as Mexican rivals Guadalajara.

Vancouver had a less emphatic campaign, needing penalties to get past Mexican winter 2012 champions Monterrey.

On the day of the final, San Francisco were not able to play either midfielder Blas Nicoletti or defender Renzo Horváth as both were suspended due to accumulated yellow cards. Vancouver played without starting goalkeeper Kai Pontapierre, out with a training injury, or veteran centre-back Tommy Fletcher, who earned a red card in the quarter-final match. Midfielder Corey Walsh was also unavailable through suspension.

F0FjY4N.png

San Francisco took the lead when centre-back Jacob Ma committed a foul on the edge of the penalty area trying to intercept a pass to Amerigo Medina. Midfielder Gasparo Lin stepped up to take the free kick and sent it over the wall and into the top left corner of the goal.

Soon afterwards, Vancouver captain David Adebola was involved in a dangerous collision with Victor Peskarevic. After medical attention he returned to the pitch, but almost immediately signalled he was unable to continue and was substituted. It was later reported that Vancouver players took this incident as having been deliberately caused, and the match got increasingly more physical after that.

A short period of high-intensity play from Vancouver followed. San Francisco native Alec Girardelli won a penalty for Vancouver on the 33rd minute, and was thereafter followed by booing and tossed plastic cups from San Franscisco fans for the remainder of the match.

Playmaker Mark Andervindt converted the penalty. False nine Leon Lee added the second goal from long range after connecting with a Girardelli pass, giving Vancouver the lead.

The second half saw San Francisco dominate the whole 45 minutes, with Vancouver defending their slim lead and giving away multiple yellow cards.

On 71' target man Greg Andervindt fouled Cisco Gutierrez in the opposition box trying to score a goal. Theo Obstmeier sent the ball in deep on the return free kick, setting up star striker Amerigo Medina for the equaliser.

In added time controversy followed, as San Francisco had a call for penalty denied after Quentin de Vries went down after a tackle. Mark Andervidnt, now wearing the captain's armband, intervened almost immediately to protest the call and to keep de Vries away from the referee, for which he earned his second yellow card of the match and was sent off. Nonetheless the penalty was not given and San Francisco missed a chance to secure their seventh continental title in regular time.

In extra time, playing with ten men, Vancouver was reduced to defending once again, but scored an unlikely goal from their only corner, Alec Girardelli's attempt finding Greg Andervindt who headed it in to seal the victory.

DrNieKi.png

0Ej5jpN.png

Last edited:
I know nothing about sports, but I applaud you one mixing things up and putting the effort into making this.

Super Bowl XXVI was played on January 26,1992 at the RCA Dome (then called the Hoosier Dome) in Indianapolis,Indiana. The two teams featured in the game were the NFC champions Detroit Lions,led by running back Barry Sanders in their first ever Super Bowl appearance,and the AFC champions Buffalo Bills,led by Jim Kelly in their second consecutive and their second overall Super Bowl appearance. The Bills were,for the second year of the row,favorites to win the Super Bowl. The game started off well for the favorites,with a 13-3 halftime lead,after scoring 10 points in the first quarter. After an amazing halftime show by the Pet Shop Boys,Super Bowl XXVI went back in action. On the second half kickoff,Lions kick receiver Mel Gray returned the ball for touchdown. After the 3rd quarter it was 20-13 Buffalo. In the 4th quarter,Barry Sanders had a rushing touchdown for 56 yards and caught the game winning touchdown as Detroit won against the Bills 27-23.Barry Sanders won MVP with 23 rushes for 193 yards and 1 rush TD and 1 catch TD.This was another hard loss for the Bills,becoming the first team to lose consecutive Super Bowls.

Screenshot_2016-02-01-17-09-15-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.