Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha thanks for the compliments, friends. Just realized I switched Waidabu to Waibadu halfway through the update. I will try to fix it tomorrow if I have the time, but for now, in the true spirit of Marxism-Leninism-Maoism-Waid/bab/duism, the people of AH.com must exercise their right to collective self-determination and decide for themselves which is canon without any fucking Australian imperialists telling them otherwise!

Don Quijote

Banned
I've never done a wikibox before, so I thought it would be fun to give it a try. Nothing special, just something for the Carlists in memory of the late King Carlos Hugo.

ca3.png

Edit: Immediately after posting, I realise that I haven't edited the information on his father Xavier, and he is still listed as Prince rather than King. All problems now fixed.

Attachments

• ch3.png
    ch3.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
I've never done a wikibox before, so I thought it would be fun to give it a try. Nothing special, just something for the Carlists in memory of the late King Carlos Hugo.

View attachment 298293

Edit: Immediately after posting, I realise that I haven't edited the information on his father Xavier, and he is still listed as Prince rather than King. All problems now fixed.
Titoism intensifies.

Just an idea I had recently. I like to call it Darkest Before Dawn.
g3PeYA7.png

I used the OTL map because I couldn't figure out how to change the colors. Anyway, here's the map, taken from 270towin.
Darkest blue is Clinton/Kaine, medium blue Sanders/Gabbard, lightest blue (Delaware) Biden, green (New York) Bloomberg, brown Johnson/Weld, pink (Utah) McMullin/Finn, medium red Trump/Gingrich, darkest red Kasich/Rubio.
RnpRlbo.png

I'll have more boxes from this series later. It's all uphill from here.

EDIT: I didn't include popular vote numbers because I had no idea how to calculate those, but the ranking is as follows: Kasich, Clinton, Biden, Sanders, Johnson, Trump, Bloomberg, West, McMullin. The only state with a majority winner was Utah for McMullin. All other states had narrow pluralities.

Through a Mirror, Darkly

Mechanism is a modern, 29th century political ideology that was crated by Polish and Czech political theorists in the Juno system towards the end of the 28th century. Mechanists seek to harness the power of modern artificial intelligence to create an egalitarian post-scarcity society where all decision making processes have been ceded to more intelligent creations, while humans can live a life of luxury and relaxation. Anti-democratic by nature, mechanism has spread across the known galaxy, and has gained footholds of varying power on most inhabited planets.

8C6xvTy.png

Through a Mirror, Darkly

Mechanism is a modern, 29th century political ideology that was crated by Polish and Czech political theorists in the Juno system towards the end of the 28th century. Mechanists seek to harness the power of modern artificial intelligence to create an egalitarian post-scarcity society where all decision making processes have been ceded to more intelligent creations, while humans can live a life of luxury and relaxation. Anti-democratic by nature, mechanism has spread across the known galaxy, and has gained footholds of varying power on most inhabited planets.

8C6xvTy.png

dTkdWwP.gif

The 1947 South American Championship was the first edition to have a qualifying competition to get into the final round after CONMEBOL decided to limit the teams that competed in the final round to six after the lopsided results in the last edition at Argentina. In the first qualifying event, Chile and Paraguay would win their matches to go through to the final round in which Uruguay would take out the championship.

VjmHUuu.png

Past wikiboxes in Alt World Football TL
Football at the 1924 Summer Olympics
1924 Indianapolis 500
1925 Five Nations Championship
1926 FIFA World Cup
1929 Monaco Grand Prix
1930 FIFA World Cup
1934 FIFA World Cup knockout draw
1935 EuroBasket

1938 FIFA World Cup
1939 VFA season
1948 FIFA Youth Tournament

SunnyQ

Banned
NEUBh92.png

Autarita is an antirealist novel by French writer Eduard Michon, first published in 1984. It follows the events of the title character Autarita's escape from a convent in midst of the French Revolution, and her subsequent journey to find and kill her twin brother François-Marie. She is joined in her quest by a soldier, Tarare, and a missionary of the Cult of Reason Jean-Paul Galaud. The story is told partially in an epistolary form, with written correspondences between Galaud and an Austrian demon featuring for a good portion of the novel. Michon deals heavily with Catholic and anti-humanist themes throughout the book.

It was one of the few novels that Michon wrote that were published in English before his death; many European commentators noted it was a move away from the utopian scientific themes of Cosmic Europe that had featured in many of Michon's earlier works and towards more established Gallican literary traditions. With the resurgence of the Soviet New Culture Group and Schleisser's Entgegengesetzte Romantikers, the surreal internationalism of Cosmic Europe quickly faded away as the 80s and 90s signaled the rise of newer, stronger nationalist schools of literature.

Somehow, the 21st century managed to be just as bloody for Armenia as the 20th. But the Armenian people have reason to hope that the 22nd will be better. The Armenian government points to improving relations with its neighbors, a growing economy, and a minuscule crime rate as reasons for optimism. Cynics in the opposition claim that the nation is increasingly becoming a client state and that, after the destruction of war, the economy had nowhere to go but up.

And it's amazing what killing off two generations of men will do to reduce your violent crime rate.

The Azerbaijani Islamic Revolution of 2049 led to the installation of a new, Tehran-oriented regime in Baku, giving the international community hope of an Iranian-brokered deal to settle one of the longest-standing geopolitical conflicts in the world. But the hopes never came to fruition, with the Islamic government proving just as keen on the reintegration of Nagorno-Karabakh into Azerbaijan as the secular one had been. What started as a minor border skirmish in the contested region soon turned into a shootout, and then a full-blown proxy war. Arms manufacturers and internet military buffs around the world greeted the Armenia-Azerbaijan War with glee, creaming themselves at the chance to see the newest, edgiest killing machines in action. But for the two Caucasus nations, the war was devastating, with both losing nearly a third of their populations in the inconclusive thirty-four year long conflict, one of the bloodiest of the 21st century.

One of the few positive things to come of the war for Armenia was the establishment of positive relations with one of their greatest historical enemies. With the Iranian bloc lining up behind Shi'a Azerbaijan, Turkey had no choice but to bite their lip and warm things up with hated Armenia. It wasn't a smooth transition by any means. First was the gradual ending of the blockade, then came the opening of the border. After that, the guns and Chechens soon followed. By the end of the war, the Turkish military was openly providing tactical assistance to their Armenian counterpart, despite the lack of official diplomatic relations between the two nations. Those wouldn't come until after the war. Two years later, with the assistance of Russia, Armenia and Turkey signed the historic Treaty of Friendship, Reconciliation, and Mutual Assistance, a watershed moment in relations between the two nations. In the agreement, Turkey officially recognized the Armenian Genocide. And while no reparations were paid out (any direct survivors had died long ago), Turkey issued an official apology, a response considered satisfactory by the Armenians, who weren't exactly in any situation to demand more. In exchange, Yerevan dropped all of its claims on Turkish territory, agreeing to the current border as permanent. In addition, Turkey agreed to provide annual financial assistance to the Armenia's devastated Armed Forces as well as give direct aid to the Russian fund to help rebuild Armenian infrastructure, much of which was still rubble at the time.

Another sector to benefit massively from the war was Armenia's domestic erotic literature industry. With few young men around, Armenia's women turned to print to satisfy their carnal needs, producing a glut of independently published works. Although most of Armenia's post-war erotica was never translated or traveled outside the borders of the Caucasian nation, several titles managed to attract minor success. Markos and Grigor is probably the most well-known of these, having been translated into twenty-four different languages and five different Norwegian dialects as of the time of this writing. A heart-thumping bodice ripper, Anna Mangasaryan's seminal work tells the tale of two young brothers from a small Armenian town, who after being conscripted into the military, find themselves deep in enemy territory, deep in peril, deeply in love, and deep in each others'....well...

Cl0yKl5.png

Somehow, the 21st century managed to be just as bloody for Armenia as the 20th.
And it's amazing what killing off two generations of men will do to reduce your violent crime rate.
Arms manufacturers and internet military buffs around the world greeted the Armenia-Azerbaijan War with glee, creaming themselves at the chance to see the newest, edgiest killing machines in action.
After that, the guns and Chechens soon followed.
Another sector to benefit massively from the war was Armenia's domestic erotic literature industry.
five different Norwegian dialects as of the time of this writing.

- that German flag
- that fujoshi war smut (386 pages!)
- the AT-ATs
- that Armenian delegation to Russia...

No words. No words.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.