Alternate Banknotes and Coins Thread

USA alternate $100

In 1867, Sir John MacDonald convened a meeting between representatives from Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Upper Canada & Lower Canada to discuss "confederation." As their dialogue progressed they began discussing all out independence from Great Britian and then unhion with the USA. Why? Because, as Sir Reginald Boom famously said, "Everything runs better when Canadians are involved. Perhaps we can make America a better place."

To honor the centennial of the first 5 "Canadian" states joining the union in 1967, congress removed Benjamin Franklin from the front of the $100 bill, replacing him with MacDonald. On the reverse side (not shown here) Independence Hall was replaced by Horseshoe & Niagra Falls.

usd100 m.jpg

In 1867, Sir John MacDonald convened a meeting between representatives from Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Upper Canada & Lower Canada to discuss "confederation." As their dialogue progressed they began discussing all out independence from Great Britian and then unhion with the USA. Why? Because, as Sir Reginald Boom famously said, "Everything runs better when Canadians are involved. Perhaps we can make America a better place."

To honor the centennial of the first 5 "Canadian" states joining the union in 1967, congress removed Benjamin Franklin from the front of the $100 bill, replacing him with MacDonald. On the reverse side (not shown here) Independence Hall was replaced by Horseshoe & Niagra Falls.
Note that despite a POD long before his birth, the butterflies have conspired to give John W. Snow the exact same job at exactly the same time as OTL.;):rolleyes:

And here, I'd thought you'd learned your lesson about logic and reason.
I swear, it was an accident! I was tired, and I saw John Snow at the same time! It wasn't entirely my fault!:eek::(;):rolleyes::D:eek::cool::eek:

LogICAnDREASonboArdSSCRAmbliNg
loGiCaNDreasoNBOArdSsUcCessfUlLyScraMBLeD

Anyone up for some pie?

VT45

Banned
I used Ink Sketch on Paint.NET.

And here's another one: the one rupee note from India in the Map Continuation universe.

One Rupee.png

Erm Banknotes for my Austria timeline using techniques blatantly stolen from VulcanTrekkie45:

100 Kronen Bank Note for the Archduchy of Austria

Forward
anftp100banknotexe8.png

Reverse
anftp100banknotereversezj6.png

Wyrmshadow

Banned
I'm getting good with photoshop. (I'll fix the poor grammar later. I never studied latin so....)
1000 gold

RomanMoney.png

Last edited:
Banknotes for the Confederation of British America.

The currency is Pound Sterling and accepted throughout the British Empire.

cba banknotes.PNG

Wyrmshadow

Banned

Months ago I saw a Wiki article about some famous Canadian historian, his name escapes me. He said that there was no sense of Canadian identity or Canadian Nationalism until the War of 1812... when some damn fool yankees decided to invade Canada and conquer it for the USA. They were soundly defeated. This historian wrote that if this incident had not happened, then possible Canada could have 'naturaly' or organically just be absorbed within the USA.
Am I just talking out of my ass?

Here's a United States one. It coulds be a lot better, but I've already been working on it for several days and I just felt like finishing it up.

USA_AltBanknote10.png

Observe depicts George Washington and a Bald Eagle,
Reverse depicts George Washington leading the crossing of the Delaware River.

Also, some Kingdom of Rome notes from banknoteworld.com

RomanEmpirePNL-1Sestertius-ND-dat_f.jpg
RomanEmpirePNL-1Sestertius-ND-dat_b.jpg

1 Sestarius

RomanEmpirePNL-100Sestertii-ND-dat_f.jpg
RomanEmpirePNL-100Sestertii-ND-dat_b.jpg

100 Sestarii

Last edited: