Alternate Banknotes and Coins Thread

VT45

Banned
We have flags, maps, photos, propaganda, why not currency? Hereis a banknote that I made for the Map Continuation. Top is obverse, bottom is reverse.

Irish £50 note. Worth about 150 OTL USD.

Caoga Punt.png

2004 United States Silver Dollar, noted for a slight misprint on the '2' in 2004*. Also, this edition of coin is notable for the "one dollar" and "live free or die" both being placed on the rim, a somewhat controversial decision.:

coinZ.PNG

*Okay, that was me turning an '8' into a '2' using Paint. This actual coin is a proof replica of a very old and rare US silver dollar - 1804 (which, confusingly, were minted in the 1830s). I Personally think its one of the nicest, except perhaps for the 1920s Peace Dollars.

Note that "In God We Trust" did not show up on most early US coins; most didn't even specify the amount (it is obviously one "dollar" of silver....).

2004 United States Silver Dollar, noted for a slight misprint on the '2' in 2004*. Also, this edition of coin is notable for the "one dollar" and "live free or die" both being placed on the rim, a somewhat controversial decision.:

coinZ.PNG

*Okay, that was me turning an '8' into a '2' using Paint. This actual coin is a proof replica of a very old and rare US silver dollar - 1804 (which, confusingly, were minted in the 1830s). I Personally think its one of the nicest, except perhaps for the 1920s Peace Dollars.

Note that "In God We Trust" did not show up on most early US coins; most didn't even specify the amount (it is obviously one "dollar" of silver....).
I didn't know..that, well, that Lady Liberty was so well endowed....

That may have something to do with it not being the National Motto until a number of years after the Second World War.
In OTL, that is.

$5 Gold Coin

The 1812 $5 Gold Coin issued by the Kingdom of Yankeelia bearing the likeness of King Edward (Edwardvs Rex) and the motto "In God We Trust" (yes we used it back then in this TL).

1812 Edward I Gold Dollar copy.jpg

VT45

Banned
The $1 note from the People's Republic of Eire, also from the Map Continuation. It's worth 0.75 OTL USD. The portrait took me forever, but he's their current head of state.

Oh, and do you guys think Ian should sticky this?

Haon Dollar.png

That may have something to do with it not being the National Motto until a number of years after the Second World War.
In OTL, that is.

It did show up on early 20th century coins (from at least as far back as 1908 or so), so it was an established motto long before then,

Highlander

Banned
The $1 note from the People's Republic of Eire, also from the Map Continuation. It's worth 0.75 OTL USD. The portrait took me forever, but he's their current head of state.

That portrait is beautiful! Reminds me of the scratchboard I'm working on right now.

Did you draw that?

VT45

Banned
That portrait is beautiful! Reminds me of the scratchboard I'm working on right now.

Did you draw that?

I wish. I rendered the raw portrait in Paint.NET from a photograph, and then integrated it into the design in Paint.

vulcan trekie,

who are the people on those irish notes?

the last one looks a lot like an american actor from the 80s, one of the brat pack.... he was in a couple of films with keifer sutherland and emilio estefan....... hold on, googleing... Lou diamond phillips!

also are you sure your irish is correct, that aint how my irish teacher hammered the spelling of numbers into me!

of course this being from a timeline with a peoples republic of ireland the language might have changed a bit!
(collective ownership of land!, in ireland.
icon7.gif
.......big time ASB , at least if the POD is after the famine)

that said, i think your examples are great, not many bank notes are that plain (or that striking).