Weekly Flag Challenge: New Challenges & Previous Winners

Hi, TB here. The winner of one round makes the voting threads for the next one, so if you track the winners, you can use the search function to find the threads that they have created.

Many voting threads are harder to find, because they have incredibly bland or badly descriptive titles. But so far, I've been able to locate most of them and I'm soon going to fully finish the list.

THE WINNER IS: xt828, with his Communist Spain!

WarFlag1938-1988.png

Ensign1938-1988.png

Roundel1938-1988.png

RevolutionaryGuardsInsignia1938-1991.png

Congratulations!

FLAG CHALLENGE № 76: National Transition

Your nation of choice has begun a peaceful transition from one form of government to another. In the future, the new regime will completely replace the symbols of the old regime, but at present some transitional symbols are in place.

Your challenge is to produce the transitional flag, and if you so desire, the former and future flags as well. Some helpful examples from OTL: South Africa's flag; the flag of UNTAC in Cambodia; Burundi's 1966-67 progression.

Challenge ends: Monday, August 13th
Poll Closes: Monday, August 20th

A note on timing: I live in Brisbane, Australia, which is GMT+10. I'll be putting the poll up on Tuesday, my time.

Good luck

Well it appears I have won the last challenge, so without further ado...

FLAG CHALLENGE № 77: A State of Inebriation

Alcoholic or otherwise stimulating beverages have been a staple of holy men/women, rulers, and ruled alike, since time immemorial.
Your challenge is to create the flag of a state, province, city, order, or organisation that is dedicated to drink.

Challenge ends: 23.59 BST Sunday 2nd September
Poll Closes: Monday 10th September

Last edited:
FLAG CHALLENGE № 78: Colonial Matters, Alternate Patterns

Your task is to develop a colonial flag pattern/template for a historical coloniser.

Some OTL examples of such templates (that you can use for inspiration):
- British colonial flags based on the Red or Blue Ensign, famously with a Union jack in the flag's canton (see example)
- similar French designs mimicing the above mentioned British concept with the canton
- the short-lived Imperial German national flag-based variations
- Portuguese national flag-based variations in Portuguese colonial coats of arms and flags

Naturally, you should not use any of these OTL templates in your flag, but instead make a completely new one - though one that would obviously fit the specific colonial power. If you can, create a set consisting of at least two flags: 1.) the basic template itself 2.) a flag for an OTL or ATL colony that is based off said template (i.e. a practical example of how the template is used in specific colonial flags).

(The idea was originally suggested by xt828. It won the emergency voting session for Round 78 with 15 votes.)

Challenge ends: 23.59 BST Wednesday 26th September 2012
Poll Closes: Wednesday 3rd October 2012

Last edited:
Voting for Round 78 has finished this morning. And... it's a tie ! Between me and Marc Pasquin.

I wish to thank all AH.commers that participated in this round or voted for the entries.

Since I have promised that I'll renounce my claims to victory in case we encounter a tie, I hereby procclaim Marc Pasquin the winner of this round.

Congratulations, Marc !

Here is the winning set of colonial flags, used in an alternate Italian colonial empire :

attachment.php

Once again, congratulations ! ;)

Voting for Round 78 has finished this morning. And... it's a tie ! Between me and Marc Pasquin.

I wish to thank all AH.commers that participated in this round or voted for the entries.

Since I have promised that I'll renounce my claims to victory in case we encounter a tie, I hereby procclaim Marc Pasquin the winner of this round.

Congratulations, Marc !

Here is the winning set of colonial flags, used in an alternate Italian colonial empire :

Once again, congratulations ! ;)

Thank you, though I must admit being disapointed that the result won't be settled on the field of honnour. Its been quite a long time since my blade has tasted blood (well, last time was my *own* blood. Bloody thing's sharp....).

Flag challenge 79

Flag challenge 79: All hail the chief ! (....and those other guys)

The challenge is a multiple flag one (seems popular). It consist in designing the flag of a head of government as well as that of 2 other government positions (minister, ambassador, head of department, etc....) of a nation.

2 clarifications:

- The nation chosen must have existed in OTL (self declare count) but can have a different form of government then it did here.
- The word "Nation" can be taken in a loose manner (fully sovereign country to semi autonomous province).

challenge end: 19 october 23:59
voting end: 26 october 23:59

Last edited:
The voting has ended. Shouldn't we evaluate and announce the results ?

sorry, had set it up for the 28th for some reason. oh well.

*er-erm*

RICHARD IV COME FORWARD AND CLAIM YOUR PRIZE !

Federal Republic of Trieste

3 said:
The UN managed Free Territory of Trieste was envisaged as being a temporary entity following the end of the Second World War, with its future status likely to be division between Italy and Yugolslavia. But as negotiations and inconclusive plebiscites dragged on, Italy and Yugoslavia reluctantly agreed to an independent FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TRIESTE, with the proviso that a UN managed plebiscite on its future be held every 25 years.

Standard of the President of the Republic
34qth52.png

Flag of the Army Chief Commander
eknwqu.png

Flag of the High Admiral of the Navy
wcftys.png

I demand a recount!!!

Seriously, how long do I have to put up a new challenge? At this time my mind (as usual) is a complete blank.

I demand a recount!!!

Seriously, how long do I have to put up a new challenge? At this time my mind (as usual) is a complete blank.

Don't worry, you'll manage. If you like, you can search this thread for the unrealized ideas suggested for the previous challenge (78). There were 4 or 5 interesting ones that we put away for later, in case a winner would have problems coming up with a new idea.

I think it's actually pretty cool that you've already won a WFC round, despite still being a freshly joined member of the board.