Status
Not open for further replies.
The best way we could adapt it is if it'll be told in Shounen style with a sickly Drakensis as a protagonist. The revelations of the world will be done akin to Attack on Titan's worldbuilding, contributing to the deconstruction of what makes a "penultimate man and society". Space planes and orbiting warheads would be the things that would replace the mechas.
I think a sickly Drakensis would almost certainly be euthanized. Although I suppose it's not impossible that their biological parents might take pity on them and arrange for them to be spared. It sounds like something Kobold might do.

I always wondered about the relationship the Drakensis had with their biological parents. Do they try to keep in touch? Do the Drakensis with the Polemarch's DNA get preferential treatment? What do they do for Father's Day and Mother's Day or do such holidays not exist in Drakia?

I've always imagined the AFD as some sort of some semi-cyberpunk society while Drakia is like some cyberpunk North Korea, so my pick is gonna be

I think a sickly Drakensis would almost certainly be euthanized. Although I suppose it's not impossible that their biological parents might take pity on them and arrange for them to be spared. It sounds like something Kobold might do.

I always wondered about the relationship the Drakensis had with their biological parents. Do they try to keep in touch? Do the Drakensis with the Polemarch's DNA get preferential treatment? What do they do for Father's Day and Mother's Day or do such holidays not exist in Drakia?
They can hide it though if it's not obvious enough at the outset, like *beat* fibromyalgia.

They were solely raised in creches with admittedly top-notch staff (reading them stories at night), though it's still more of an orphanage than foster homes, and an incredibly violent one at that.

It's like Harry Potter but it has a relatively tame nursery and hellish higher grades due to the Agoge program, and also all your classmates are sociopathic chuunibyou's desperate to get their ward's attention.

EXPLOSION
Nah, they'll be too traumatized by those air raid siren that's blaring all too often these days, considering the Chinese and their RUYI JINGU BANG as God.
tumblr_inline_pc8jbthP8A1r1qgs2_500.png

Abusive "hazing" and harsh "discipline" in order to corral the "naturally" macho impulses of the "superior" Drakian into the strick chain of command and obedience to the state. Basically imagine some vicious Prussian martinet's idea of a healthy and effective boot camp.

For me a good adaptation of the Draka would have more satirical/deconstructionist focus, like the Verhoeven Starship Troopers, actively acknowledging the flaws and failings of the Draka society.

With all the drugging and genetic modification, wouldn’t this lead to mass madness like Bioshock‘s Rapture?
It can be similar to China with its old Opium problem, considering that the Bonded class had still been somewhat competent and productive. Eugenic modification of Bonded had also been largely abandoned in favor of developing the Drakensis.

The saner of the successor states would want it gradually phased out from the civilians starting from the youngest, undrugged as of yet generation.

So how did the Drakia affect the abolitionist movement? Because I imagine their impalements, raping, and other cruelties would make excellent propaganda against the idea that slavery is a moral good.

It can be similar to China with its old Opium problem, considering that the Bonded class had still been somewhat competent and productive. Eugenic modification of Bonded had also been largely abandoned in favor of developing the Drakensis.

The saner of the successor states would want it gradually phased out from the civilians starting from the youngest, undrugged as of yet generation.
After all this, wouldn’t it make sense for the Americans, since they have all of OTL North America to be their successors? Or would the Indians, Chinese, Japanese or Aussies take the land? Maybe the former “Honorary Whites” form their own ethnic group and make a coercive eugenics program to methodically control the population. They would rationalize as such that they are outnumbered by the former Bonders and because “it’s the only devil they knew” so to speak....

Status
Not open for further replies.