Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you zoom in:
Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 18-15-00 Map Thread XXI.png

What if Charlemagne and Irene married as planned?
The political state of Europe, Anno Domini 1280
The Great Reunification revised.png

(P.S. Yes. This is a remake of a map I did a couple months back on my DA.)​

and is beginning to experiment with paper money and the smelting of Iron tools.
Good, good... very good
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!
What if Britain won the War of 1812 decisively?
Like for the well-made map, love for the Star Wars reference
Well that will change some things. How much longer will it last though? Four centuries is Alexander to Augustus.

This is something a bit out of the box.

I am currently working on a timeline set to begin in the 1990s, which is largely focused on the Western Hemisphere but supposed to pivot to other regions of the planet later on. The format will include news releases and wikiboxes, in a similar manner as the Political Chat timelines. One of the possibilities being explored in the project is the successful development of a Free Trade Area of the Americas under the lines proposed by George W. Bush during his time as president. Notwithstanding the impact of such initiative, I was interested in the curious fact that the city of Puebla, Mexico was a front-runner to become the seat of the governing bodies of the agreement. Since I have been living here for over two years and the city will probably remain my home for at least a decade, I care a lot about it. So, here's my idea for the public transportation system of the city:

This infrastructure development takes place in a world in which both the state and local governments of Puebla are dominated by business-friendly folks of the National Action Party (PAN) since 1998, a significant portion of OTL's investments directed to the Bajío region are instead showered on Puebla, the FTAA governing bodies are seated in the city, more rational people are in charge, and there is much more migration to Puebla from depressed states such as Chiapas, Guerrero, Michoacan, Oaxaca, and inner Veracruz

download (4).png

I believe this is a fairly modest proposal.

My idea is that around the late 2000s, Banobras and the World Bank are charmed by the Puebla state officials into providing funding to develop a limited metro system with two superficial lines (1 and 2) and another underground (3). The funding for the costly project is distributed the following way: 25% provided by private individuals and business groups, 25% by the state of Puebla, 25% by the federal government through Banobras, and 25% by the World Bank. This limited proposal basically simplifies the original plans into something more workable with a strong likelihood of rentability, as it goes through the areas of the city with the largest concentration of bus travels. The Line 1 is inaugurated by Puebla governor Rafael Moreno Valles Rosas and Mexican president Felipe Calderon on May 5, 2012, just a few months before that year's presidential election.

Metro de Puebla

Line 1: Panteón — Huexotitla (light rail). Aprox. 13.2 km. of rail line. Started operations in 2012.
Line 2: Hidalgo — Ciudad Universitaria (light rail). Aprox. 14.4 km. of rail line, of which 3.1 km. overlap with Line 1. Started operations in 2015.
Line 3: Reforma — Parque Ecológico (underground). Aprox. 7 km. of rail line. Started operations in 2017.

RUTA Puebla (only including BRT exclusive roadways)

Line 1: Panteón — Independencia (11 South Ave.)
Line 2: La Paz — Chachapa (Defensores Ave.)
Line 3: Panteón — Valsequillo (Capt. Camacho Blvd., Road to Valsequillo)
Line 4: La Paz — La Margarita (Municipio Libre Ave.)
Line 5: Reforma — Cholula (Forjadores Blvd.)

What if Charlemagne and Irene married as planned?
SNIP
(P.S. Yes. This is a remake of a map I did a couple months back on my DA.)​
I really like this concept a lot. I have to wonder how language in the Western Empire would evolve; would it be shades of late-Dominate era and/or arguably OTL China with a written/spoken language diglossia WRT Romance languages, or would a pan-linguistic koiné evolve? Also, what of the Continental Germanic languages and Arabic?

Status
Not open for further replies.