Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
1650566611174.png

*start recording* Phew! Finally got this from that shop. Anyway, a lot has happened since my last log. If you haven't found it yet, then you will find it in the hay at the barn down the road from this log. The year is 2063. The USA had bought Quebec and Florida. Also, they annexed all of Virginia. The USA also supports the Texan Rebels in the Republic of Texas, with the ASA supporting the Republic in their civil war. A proxy-war. Oh yeah, the ASA had also conquered the Southwest Union and bought Baja California from Mexico. Cuba sold Florida and bought Panama. The frontlines in Africa are becoming a stalemate, however Ethiopia cannot get involved after the Treaty of Mount Kenya. Kazakhstan also claims even more land from Uzbekistan. The UAE did not like how Saudi Arabia could just boss them around, so they united with Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Yemen, and the Exiled Governments of Kuwait and Iraq, being known as the United Arab Republics. CSTO has actually gotten involved in Greenland as well, however. The war comes to the Ameri-seriously? Wow the battery life on these thi- *end recording*

Last edited:
View attachment 735700
*start recording* Phew! Finally got this from that shop. Anyway, a lot has happened since my last log. If you haven't found it yet, then you will find it in the hay at the barn down the road from this log. The year is 2063. The USA had bought Quebec and Florida. Also, they annexed all of Virginia. The USA also supports the Texan Rebels in the Republic of Texas, with the ASA supporting the Republic in their civil war. A proxy-war. Oh yeah, the ASA had also conquered the Southwest Union and bought Baja California from Mexico. Cuba sold Florida and bought Panama. The frontlines in Africa are becoming a stalemate, however Ethiopia cannot get involved after the Treaty of Mount Kenya. Kazakhstan also claims even more land from Uzbekistan. The UAE did not like how Saudi Arabia could just boss them around, so they united with (WIP)
Didn't realize what felt so off about the base map... until I noticed Antarctica mysterious' disappearance. Did all the ice melt? (But then, sea levels should be rather higher... and lots of coastlines should be good 'n gone)

I suppose it's not the most eccentric thing in the map, what with the Australo-Indonesian super union, Cuba finally owning Florida... only to sell it to the US, of all people? (Unless it's a Spanish-American war type sale thingie, with heavy coercion involved), and of course... is that a Moroccan re-reconquista? (that reddish(?) color, which is usually reserved for Morocco, make it seem so, anyway). Well, they're some five hundred years late, but better late than never I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, you raise some very good points against Neo-Ottoman expansion. I myself am agnostic on the issue. I'm simply trying to play devil's advocate for Whatifalthist.
Regarding the Syrian Civil War, I'm going to quote Wikipedia
"This coincided with the most intense drought ever recorded in Syria, which lasted from 2006 to 2011 and resulted in widespread crop failure, an increase in food prices and a mass migration of farming families to urban centers.[147] This migration strained infrastructure already burdened by the influx of some 1.5 million refugees from the Iraq War.[148] The drought has been linked to anthropogenic global warming.[149][150][151] Adequate water supply continues to be an issue in the ongoing civil war and it is frequently the target of military action.[152]"
I would recommend the following article as a refutation.

I would recommend the following article as a refutation.
That was an interesting read, thanks for the article.
I suppose I don't know enough to comment any further on the topic :openedeyewink:

For those that remember my series of maps of Europe and the Middle East in the 16th Century, I have completed them and the 57 maps [and commentary] are now available via my DA;

Bob's DA

And not New Zealand?
Well, that too, but Antarctica was more easily noticeable (and it's totally not as if I didn't notice New Zealand's also-mysterious removal until you pointed it out and also wondering why now), since it generally occupies a considerably larger space, and maps without New Zealand are fairly common to the point there's a subreddit based on the whole meme, so I thought that'd be less notable to point out.

Didn't realize what felt so off about the base map... until I noticed Antarctica mysterious' disappearance. Did all the ice melt? (But then, sea levels should be rather higher... and lots of coastlines should be good 'n gone)

I suppose it's not the most eccentric thing in the map, what with the Australo-Indonesian super union, Cuba finally owning Florida... only to sell it to the US, of all people? (Unless it's a Spanish-American war type sale thingie, with heavy coercion involved), and of course... is that a Moroccan re-reconquista? (that reddish(?) color, which is usually reserved for Morocco, make it seem so, anyway). Well, they're some five hundred years late, but better late than never I suppose.
It's because I use Scratch as my map editor. If you include the whole map...well, the map kinda becomes shitty quality wise. I have to crop it.

Also yes that is Morocco. Explanation:
View attachment 729417
I chose the city Panama due to the early important victory there for CSTO. Now, onto the treaty

Treaty of Panama

North America and the Caribbean
Cuba will annex Florida, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, the Yucatan Peninsula, and all of the Caribbean Islands.
Canada, USA, and Mexico will collapse and, to use a more well-known term, "Balkanize"
Greenland will gain independence and join CSTO
South America
Venezuela will change their name to Gran Venezuela
Venezuela will annex Colombia, Panama, Ecuador, Guyana, Suriname, and parts of France and Brazil
Peru will annex lost lands in Chile and lands from Brazil
Bolivia will annex lost lands from Chile and Paraguay, and lands from Brazil
Uruguay will annex some land from Brazil
Argentina will annex some lands from Brazil, as well as the remainders of Paraguay and Chile. They will also have full sovereignty over the Falkland Islands.
Brazil will join CSTO
Africa
Morocco will annex Western Sahara, Senegal, The Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Gibraltar, and the coast of Mauritania,
Mali will annex Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Togo, Ghana, Benin, parts of Algeria, and the rest of Mauritania.
Chad will annex Cameroon, Nigeria, and parts of Libya
Sudan will annex South Sudan, Bir Tawil, and parts of Egypt, including the Hala'ib Triangle
Ethiopia will annex Eritrea, Djibouti, and Somalia
The Democratic Republic of the Congo will annex the Republic of Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, and parts of Angola.
South Africa will annex Lesotho, Eswatini, Namibia, and the rest of Angola.
Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and Egypt will join CSTO
Europe
Catalonia and Bavaria will have their independence recognized.
Bulgaria will annex some lands from Greece, Turkey, and Romania
Greece will annex Malta, Cyprus, Albania, North Macedonia, and parts of Turkey
Morocco will annex southern parts of Spain and Portugal.
Austria will annex Liechtenstein, Switzerland, and parts of Italy
Iceland and Turkey will join CSTO
Serbia will annex Kosovo, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, and what is left of Romania
Serbia will be known as Yugoslavia
Russia will annex Ukraine, Moldova, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Finland
The rest of European lands will become Europa, with its capital in Monaco.
Middle East
Palestine will annex Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria
Saudi Arabia will annex Kuwait and Iraq
Oceania
Indonesia will annex all NATO lands in Oceania
Asia
North Korea will be in control of all of Korea
Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, India, Nepal, and Bhutan shall unite into the new country New Hindustan
Cambodia shall unite with Vietnam and Laos as Indochina, serving as the capital
Indochina will annex Thailand and Myanmar
Singapore will annex their half of Malaysia
Brunei shall annex the eastern parts of Malaysia
Indonesia shall annex the Philippines, Timor-Leste, and the rest of Malaysia
China shall annex Taiwan.
ALL MEMBERS OF NATO REMAINING ARE TO JOIN CSTO

Last edited:
Well, that too, but Antarctica was more easily noticeable (and it's totally not as if I didn't notice New Zealand's also-mysterious removal until you pointed it out and also wondering why now), since it generally occupies a considerably larger space, and maps without New Zealand are fairly common to the point there's a subreddit based on the whole meme, so I thought that'd be less notable to point out.

I mean, considering New Zealand is an independent nation while Antartica is not even inhabited, lack of New Zealand in a map has more of an effect compared to lack of Antartica.

While official the Pope elected the local prince-bishops, de facto they were elected by the local estates. With some exceptions like the Wittelbach bishops (later a single Habsburg) of Cologne the prince-bishops was elected among imperial knight class, this meant imperial knight families usual had two branches a Catholic and a Protestant one which regularly intermarried. The Protestant tended to be more fecund and served as soldier and administrators for the princes of the empire, while the Catholic ones often joined the clergy. This meant the Catholic lines regularly died out, but they got around this by adopting a member of the Protestant lines who simply converted. A very interesting fact about this was that the Catholic knights often married Protestant noblewomen and while the boys was raised Catholic the girl was raised in the religion of their mother, which meant the daughter could marry into the protestant branch of the family.
Interesting.

I unironically love the style. Also, how the hell did Friesland there?!
in all honestly, i have no clue, other than the naviable great lakes mod im using. they've colonized like every continent but oceania and asia, and asia probably only because they don't have the range.

Just an image I was thinking of based on... current events. I figured it may be interesting to think of an alternate current event where Kiev is the capital of an invading Russia. The POD I came upon was the Mongols not taking over Kievan Rus, which means that Kiev and Novgorod, rather than Vladimir and then Muscovy, remain the epicentre of Russian culture. Eventually, a few knock-on effects occur; Volga Bulgaria isn't destroyed by Timur, Mari and Udmurt people migrate to Pannonia and assimilate the Bulgars, instead of the Slavs, among others.
df428x0-b6b5f142-7593-430c-89aa-ca6d8a99299f.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.