The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

2021.png

Updated 2021 as it kinda has some errors.

-The Libyan civil war has ended on October 23, 2020
-Tigray War borders.
- Central African Civil War
-Insurgency in northern Nigeria
- Insurgency in Mozambique
- Added another insurgence in Myanmar.
- Change the Taliban colour.

Last edited:
2021(August).png

While I am aware that each map is set for January 1st, I also decided to update the map for August 2021.

-Added updated borders to the War in Afghanistan
-Updated map of the Tigray War.
-Updated map to the Syrian civil war.

What map projection is this? I've heard that it's no projection, but that's not exactly possible in my understanding.
It's not a strict projection, which is somewhat annoying. It's roughly on a Kavrayskiy VII projection (which, might I add, is a pretty outstanding projection in terms of minimizing distortion). There are other projects on the site that aim to transform the worlda to a real projection, chief among them is the EqualA project.

I needed a map of the year 1763 for my TL, so I made one. Yes, I messed up with everything in this WorlDA series, from the colour scheme, to the background, to the hydrography, but I think I got a pretty neat map. Feel free to give it a quick edit to accomodate it to the rest of the series' style.

1763 WorlDA.png

Last edited:
Yes, I messed up with everything in this WorlDA series, from the colour scheme, to the background, to the hydrography, but I think I got a pretty neat map.
You didn't really mess it up in the end. First, the base map is now in line with the newer Q-BAMs and should lead to a new rivers map being made. And second, a lot of the borders are way more accurate than what's seen currently.

nah one pixel lakes are a pain in the ass
Why? What do they get in the way of? I guess I understand wanting fewer along, for instance, the Amazon or Lena rivers (or Ob, or Yenisei, or Amur, or...), but in areas like Canada and Finland, I think there's no reason not to show as much detail as we can. Maybe in areas of high border density like the HRE it makes sense to get rid of some small lakes in order to more precisely show borders too, but assuming they are real lakes (not just wide rivers) and they don't get in the way of anything else the map is trying to show, I see no reason not to include single-pixel lakes.

Why? What do they get in the way of? I guess I understand wanting fewer along, for instance, the Amazon or Lena rivers (or Ob, or Yenisei, or Amur, or...), but in areas like Canada and Finland, I think there's no reason not to show as much detail as we can. Maybe in areas of high border density like the HRE it makes sense to get rid of some small lakes in order to more precisely show borders too, but assuming they are real lakes (not just wide rivers) and they don't get in the way of anything else the map is trying to show, I see no reason not to include single-pixel lakes.
they're a pain in the ass to add to every map and they get in the way of borders

Drex said:
I needed a map of the year 1763 for my TL, so I made one. Yes, I messed up with everything in this WorlDA series, from the colour scheme, to the background, to the hydrography, but I think I got a pretty neat map. Feel free to give it a quick edit to accomodate it to the rest of the series' style.

1763 WorlDA.png
I need Blank pls