How fortunate for US bankers that there was a push to only make secure loans. Just means they end up taking the collateral for the French loans so not a total loss. I imagine some of the French gold reserve was also put up as collateral which could lead to interesting things.
Having a legal right to the collateral isn't the same as getting your hands on it. Payments won't be "cancelled," but "delayed due to unforeseen circumstances."
Any loans that were written in francs or pounds can also be wiped out by deliberate inflation.

Regarding the USA, well even them are destinated to have very rough times, they export a lot but now her best client are broke or have created their own captive market (or at least are trying).

I have a funny feeling mitteleuropa is about to arrive to europe, and i very much think that it would become the primary goals of germany even here. as it was one of the very first idea's to come to promience in ww1. to see such a custom union come about when otl its closest example only arrived 30 years later with the european economic community.
the effects of such economic intergration would be interesting and i wouldn't be surpised if german forced frances membership in such. the fascianting possibilities of this is amazing and i do believe something very likely to be pushed.
though i do not believe the germans will to much of a top dog as they would still have to compete with both italy and austria as they are too large to be either subujated nor ingored. with such a short war the economic and manpower damage inflicted upon them will be relativily minor hell you even described itay being domestically better off during war time then said counterparts. oh the potential meme of italy and austria bonding over the need to oppose Complete german domination.

Last edited:
How fortunate for US bankers that there was a push to only make secure loans. Just means they end up taking the collateral for the French loans so not a total loss. I imagine some of the French gold reserve was also put up as collateral which could lead to interesting things.
Oh yeah, in TTL the US never entered the war so there weren't any unsecured loans. Could this world avoid a Great Depression, and most, if not all, the nasty ideologies it helped grow?

Oh yeah, in TTL the US never entered the war so there weren't any unsecured loans. Could this world avoid a Great Depression, and most, if not all, the nasty ideologies it helped grow?
possibly i would believe that is it likely butterflied however, there were a lot of economic factors that went into the great depression . so, there is always be the chance but it will be completely different no matter the way you approach it because of the simple fact gemany won and is now an economic rival. Also it is unlikely to be ANYWHERE as severe the lack of global dominance plus countless factors mean the damage if it does happen will be mitigated. it would take some of the worst luck on the planet to have something like otl great depression happen in this timeline. thats my two cents
and in terms of ideologies well at least in the cp ballpark those ideologies aren't going anywhere the conntries are doing quite well just won one of the largest wars ever and haven't suffered nearly as much. in the entente i have no clue but we also need to account for the fact that germany will not treat this atl treaty the same way otl entente did. one the treaty is likely to be far less harsh on all parties even russia i would struggle to believe the germans would demand a brest-litovsk style treaty the war just wasn't long enough nor brutal enough to warrent it. to move back to the point the germans and the rest of cp's attitude will be to enforce the treaty its just in their mindset to do so.

Last edited:
Germany really has two basic choices with regards to Russia.
1. A harsh peace that cripples the growing Russian economy so they can't threaten Germany. That probably means dismembering it. Of course, that will spur the desire for revenge.
2. A mild enough peace that reconciliation is a possibility, and not a series of endless wars.
Anything else insures that Russia's growth will continue, and that Germany will be in troouble. Russia's so big, with such a huge population, that it's bound to develop enormous war making potential.

Germany really has two basic choices with regards to Russia.
1. A harsh peace that cripples the growing Russian economy so they can't threaten Germany. That probably means dismembering it. Of course, that will spur the desire for revenge.
2. A mild enough peace that reconciliation is a possibility, and not a series of endless wars.
Anything else insures that Russia's growth will continue, and that Germany will be in troouble. Russia's so big, with such a huge population, that it's bound to develop enormous war making potential.
indeed i do believe the latter is more likely as i have said in previous post i do not believe te germans are yet to reach the mindset of anything like brest-litvosk i posted a bit ago my idea of a likely treaty tha being "russia will likely lose poland, the baltic state, besserabia and probably have some border adjustments in galicia but outside of that the territoral concessions will end. on top of that defo some reperations and some sanctions or forced economic deals but that is pretty much the extent of russia i believe. " i still stand by this as this is the territory they are currently occupying except for finnland, it is something that will give the russians a good whack while not pissing them off as most of their core territory is still theirs and they have removed some of the most succesionist minded minorities in the western half of the empire it also provides germany a series of buffer states to which it can bring under thumb.

Ha! You're both right- France won't be seeing A-L anytime soon.

Or ever, really.
indeed i do believe the latter is more likely as i have said in previous post i do not believe te germans are yet to reach the mindset of anything like brest-litvosk i posted a bit ago my idea of a likely treaty tha being "russia will likely lose poland, the baltic state, besserabia and probably have some border adjustments in galicia but outside of that the territoral concessions will end. on top of that defo some reperations and some sanctions or forced economic deals but that is pretty much the extent of russia i believe. " i still stand by this as this is the territory they are currently occupying except for finnland, it is something that will give the russians a good whack while not pissing them off as most of their core territory is still theirs and they have removed some of the most succesionist minded minorities in the western half of the empire it also provides germany a series of buffer states to which it can bring under thumb.

To be fair, a lot of what made the Brest-Litvosk Treaty the way it was was predominantly from the massive land grabs taken in the period from the February Revolution onwards. Given that ITTL, Russia has lost Poland, Lithuania, Courland (re: Southern Latvia), Riga and are threatening their way into Northern Latvia and Belarus, coupled with the fact that the Western Entente has bowed out (and to say nothing of Romania's potential incursions into Bessarabia) I can say that your likely treaty is pretty apt (I dunno about all the Baltic States though, I could see Russia possibly maintaining Estonia and Northern Latvia, (re: Livonia) if it sues for peace now...but given how stubborn Nicky is...

1795 borders in Poland?

No, if only because a portion of the 1795 Polish territories included lands that were part of Austria-Hungary pre-WWI. If anything, what'll likely happen is that a Polish state will be carved out to independence exclusively from Congress Poland. (with the Polish Border Strip annexed to Germany, it was after all, a plan the Germans intended to achieve since before WWI) and further plans to expel all Poles from Germany into this Polish state.

Well, with Czar Nicholas still in power let's not forget that his four daughters and the Tsarevich are still unmarried and both Austria-Hungary and Germany have lots of nobility to get married around. I expect some intermingling as part of a peace treaty (and cartoonists in this timeline will probably create caricatures about "German Weddings" or suchlike)

Well, with Czar Nicholas still in power let's not forget that his four daughters and the Tsarevich are still unmarried and both Austria-Hungary and Germany have lots of nobility to get married around. I expect some intermingling as part of a peace treaty (and cartoonists in this timeline will probably create caricatures about "German Weddings" or suchlike)

Well, let's see if they even survive the reds this time around first.

I don't think the German and their allies will allow a Red state near their border.I'm thinking a strong central power expedition against the Reds similar to OTL coalitions against France during French Revolution with the Reds being France in TTL