The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Or could the highly nationalistic Turks invade Armenia just to "finish the job" that the glorious Young Turks didn't get to?

Possible, but it would depend on the goals and ideology of the Junta members.

Also for all this how much coordination between the Roman Alliance is going on. Operation Brutus was said IU to have imposed certain limitations on what RA members could get away with. Would that be at play here with the RA wanting the Turks to give fig leaf by not outright attacking the Armenians?

Or might it be that the RA does not toe Rome's line with the member states feeling the mess up in Ethiopia shows Balbo is not the one to call the shots? Chiang in particular with his own nukes might present China as the one to rally the Alliance around going forward if there is friction between Balbo and the rest.

Last edited:

Dolan

Banned
Or could the highly nationalistic Turks invade Armenia just to "finish the job" that the glorious Young Turks didn't get to?
I think Armenians would run as fast as possible to Rome with application proposal to join the RA, much to Turkey's annoyance and Western horror...

How possible does US rapprochement with a post-communist Russia sound? Obviously the scars of the Wallace administration are there to stay but will Americans blame communism or just blame Russia as a whole for that shitshow.

I think Armenians would run as fast as possible to Rome with application proposal to join the RA, much to Turkey's annoyance and Western horror...

I dread Armenians being thrown under the bus. Considering how long many governments have not recognized the OTL Armenian genocide, it wouldn't surprise me if they against rolled over to earn the favor of Turkey.

How possible does US rapprochement with a post-communist Russia sound? Obviously the scars of the Wallace administration are there to stay but will Americans blame communism or just blame Russia as a whole for that shitshow.

Depends on who comes to power: a reasonable, democratic government or a quasi-fascist dictatorship?

I see Armenia seeking the ITO protection rather than the Roman Alliance. An invasion of Armenia by Turkey would be too off limits for many countries to tolerate.

I see Armenia seeking the ITO protection rather than the Roman Alliance. An invasion of Armenia by Turkey would be too off limits for many countries to tolerate.

Well...

Here's an issue that could play into fascist hands: Nagorno-Karabakh.

The Roman Alliance could easily suck in the Armenians by playing on that dispute.

Turkey probably invade Armenia so rapidly that world barely notice that Armenia has given declaration of independence.

Dolan

Banned
Well...

Here's an issue that could play into fascist hands: Nagorno-Karabakh.

The Roman Alliance could easily suck in the Armenians by playing on that dispute.
which could cause crack within the RA, thanks to Turkey...

and then someone bring proof of Armenian Genocide to Fascist council

Wouldn't Soviet nuclear weapons be stationed in Armenia? Just something to consider if whoever is in charge of the Armenian SSR decides to use the threat of them to deter a Turkish invasion.

Last edited:

Dolan

Banned
Wouldn't Soviet nuclear weapons be stationed in Armenia? Just something to consider if whoever is in charge of the Armenian SSR decides to use the threat of them to deter a Turkish invasion.
ITO: "Just give that nuclear weapons to us, disarm, and we'll protect you."
RA: "You could keep those toys as long as your policies are in line with us, and *spanish voice* being counterbalance to The Turks is good."

three guesses where will Armenians go to...

ITO: "Just give that nuclear weapons to us, disarm, and we'll protect you."
RA: "You could keep those toys as long as your policies are in line with us, and *spanish voice* being counterbalance to The Turks is good."

three guesses where will Armenians go to...

But again, whoever hands them Artkash will also get into their good books.

Hey all

My computer has been playing up recently so I’m not sure if the next update will be delayed. Rest assured that I’m getting this damned thing done come hell or high water.

Two things for Poland is the Diaspora and the Government-in-Exile. I expect many exiled Poles will be returning and trying to smuggle arms to their homeland. South Africa with its large Polish community is likely assisting the exiles heavily under the table. And ITO is probably working with the government-in-exile that escaped after Warsaw.

What are South Africa's and Rhodesia's policies regarding culture and language? If the Poles and other Eastern European diaspora don't feel their culture is respected enough and they don't enjoy the new state's dogma and creeds enough to decide on staying, a number of people might move back to the motherland.

For that matter, just how many different ethnic groups with different languages are present in those states? Are the afrikaans-speakers not a minority compared to all other whites combined? What is done to make the settlers fit in?

For Portugal's colonies, they are at least the same religion and Portugal also has the very populous and already lusophone Brazil to bring in people who more or less are of their culture already. Rhodesia likewise would have a relatively easy time as long as they primarily bring in (quietly) racists from the former members of the British empire. But how does it work in South Africa?

Last edited:
Korea might better place. It has some chances remain as communist and future of Russia is so uncertain that it is not very safe place.

One thing that could help Kim, is neither the RA nor ITO wanting the other to have the country. Kim might spend the rest of the Cool War playing the sides off against each other.