Republic of China (by Imperolo)
So OFC China as far as I know
Visit here for a larger version
China@4x (4).png

2020 New England Pound Redesign
lNO15Fq.png

bb2Lzim.png

General Notes:
* The New England Pound has been a decimal currency since the 1950s. Unofficially it has operated as a decimal currency for much longer than that, with most transactions involving pence being phased out in the late 1800s, and several currency laws that forbade pence from being used in quantities above 6 shillings.
* There is no 1 pence coin, and there has never been one in the decimal era. All transactions are rounded up to a shilling (which is the most commonly used subdivision, in everyday speech). If your total at a store comes out to £9.72, you'd be told "Your total is Nine Pounds, 15 Shillings," although "Nine Pounds, Seventy-Five Cents" is heard just as often. All official documents use decimal measurements of currency.
* This is the first major overhaul of the currency since the 1960s, which the old designs (linked in this thread) where introduced in. Over the years they recieved face lifts from time to time, and the £50 note used to rotate Prime Ministers every five years.
* These banknotes are ploymer-based, and are 70mm by 163mm.
* This is the first time that banknotes have not featured a person on their design.
* Changing currency designs do not require an act of Parliament, it is up to the discretion of the Royal Bank of New England and the Governor-General (this is, practically, the Prime Minister, and thus the Finance Minister).
* A £100 note was almost introduced this year, but the government opted against this measure.
* Coin dimensions are as follows:
1 Pound: 28mm
Half Pound: 23.8mm
4 Shillings: 21mm
1 Shilling: 18.6mm

Last edited:
On the one hand, polymer - delightful.

On the other hand, the banknotes are too abstract for my tastes. They're not exactly ugly, but I prefer the coin designs.

Not an attack on your designs out of universe, of course, Kanan. These are all great.

On the one hand, polymer - delightful.

On the other hand, the banknotes are too abstract for my tastes. They're not exactly ugly, but I prefer the coin designs.

Not an attack on your designs out of universe, of course, Kanan. These are all great.

Dont worry! A lot of people in universe think the exact same!

I'm glad you like them otherwise!!

Love the head of the £1. Similar to the uks £ but different enough to show its american roots. The reverse, not so much. Words of One Pound and New England need to be centered better, and the date should be on the bottom of the reverse or add text on the other side opposite

Very much enjoy the inclusion of a graphic meant to be bad in-universe--most graphical TLs, for obvious reasons, give their timelines much higher standards of logo design than OTL.
Not sure what universe you're living in where these are bad. These look way better than most notes irl. They're 100x more interesting than putting assorted dead people's faces on paper and calling it a day.

Very much enjoy the inclusion of a graphic meant to be bad in-universe--most graphical TLs, for obvious reasons, give their timelines much higher standards of logo design than OTL.
It's kind of insane that that's even the case. Almost any emblem or logo or national flag from OTL was conceived of, designed, drawn up, and made its way through a half-dozen layers of "okays" and stamps of approval before being dropped into the outside world. Somehow, entire committees can bumble around to create artistic travesties such as the Flag of Milwaukee:

800px-Flag_of_Milwaukee%2C_Wisconsin.svg.png

...while in other cases, one person can create artistic masterpieces, such as with a lot of maps and graphics on this site (especially this TL), or in the case of 13-year-old Alaskan Native Benny Benson, who designed the Alaskan State Flag:

800px-Flag_of_Alaska.svg.png

OTL is weird, man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.