Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what universe you're living in where these are bad. These look way better than most notes irl. They're 100x more interesting than putting assorted dead people's faces on paper and calling it a day.

Ehhh, I prefer money with something on it that isn't a computer screensaver, but to each their own.

This TL continues to be excellent, which I think we can agree on.

Ehhh, I prefer money with something on it that isn't a computer screensaver, but to each their own.

This TL continues to be excellent, which I think we can agree on.
Those "computer screensavers" actually depict the physical landscape of New England. See the small text below each one. £5 is the turbulent waters of The Race, £10 is the untouched mountains of Adirondack, £20 is Connecticut's information superhighway, and £50 is the snowdrifts of Acadia at sunset. It's novel and interesting, especially in the abstract way they're depicted. They fit really nicely with the art style and design of the bills overall, with each having a distinct and pleasing colour scheme.

Those "computer screensavers" actually depict the physical landscape of New England. See the small text below each one. £5 is the turbulent waters of The Race, £10 is the untouched mountains of Adirondack, £20 is Connecticut's information superhighway, and £50 is the snowdrifts of Acadia at sunset. It's novel and interesting, especially in the abstract way they're depicted. They fit really nicely with the art style and design of the bills overall, with each having a distinct and pleasing colour scheme.

Ooooooh, didn't realise--that's pretty clever.

I dunno, maybe this is just because I'm American, but I aways liked my money not looking like confetti. The designs of our neighbors to the north always look too modern, without any authority.

I dunno, maybe this is just because I'm American, but I aways liked my money not looking like confetti. The designs of our neighbors to the north always look too modern, without any authority.
I'm American too and I prefer foreign designs to our ye olde 19th century stuff tbh

Let me be clear, the banknotes were not designed to be purposefully bad. I spent a decent amount of time doing so. In-universe they are mildly controversial. Each banknote has a specific symbolism attached to it, that is unique to New England, and the colour choices ect. were also made with that in mind.

Let me be clear, the banknotes were not designed to be purposefully bad. I spent a decent amount of time doing so. In-universe they are mildly controversial. Each banknote has a specific symbolism attached to it, that is unique to New England, and the colour choices ect. were also made with that in mind.

I like them a lot. I have no experience with American banknotes, but I do like the unique colour, and I think a lot of this simplistic, but country-/landscape-representing design on banknotes!

EDIT: I did also think of screensavers, but there is nothing to say against screensaver-like motives on banknotes.

Last edited:
Indeed. I don't think it can be argued that the banknote designs are bad, merely that in and out of universe they favour a particular aesthetic.

Regardless, it's clear that the designs are very well thought out.

Ah geez, I'm sorry.

iu.jpeg

Whether intentional or not, @Kanan , this entire conversation just makes TTL feel more real to me because I distinctly remember this kind of controversy when the OTL $10 bill got redesigned with a predominantly orange/yellow hue, and there were a lot of people upset about it. So once again, hats off to you!

As for my opinion on them, I'm very much a traditionalist when it comes to banknote design but those are some I'd happily add to my collection if they were real. Reminds me of the way the Euro was designed to be somewhat abstract (though these are much more abstract, of course).

In my humble opinion, Canadian banknote best banknote, though I'm biased in that field. That being said, these designs are genius, not just because I like the many colors, the simplified landscapes are very nice and subtle.

In my humble opinion, Canadian banknote best banknote, though I'm biased in that field. That being said, these designs are genius, not just because I like the many colors, the simplified landscapes are very nice and subtle.
Y'all's polymer $20 with the Queen and the Vimy Memorial is actually one of my favorite real-world banknotes, though I also liked the design used pre-polymerization.

As always, just incredible Kanan! A couple things
1. Finch and Ganim both MP's for Bridgeport! Do they have the same animosity they do IOTL? What were their pre-parliament careers?
2. I'm surprised the Race gets enough attention for national banknotes - but I'm a SE CT kind of guy so glad to see it.
3. This was a couple weeks ago, but I get a little choked up each time I remember that the Holocaust didn't really happen ITTL - Yiddish is still spoken in Poland

Reading this TL makes me want to see a world where it's the American south that stay loyal and we see southern MPs and stuff. Anyway, love this as always Kanan. You're great!

Status
Not open for further replies.