Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Dave Cockrum does not get the opportunity to inde publish Futurians he'll likely stay at Atlas/Marvel on X-Men with Claremont.

Futurians is then likely a Atlas book, possibly under an Alt!Epic banner.

Really loving this timeline so far wanted to give my thanks to the author and everyone contributing. All the artwork and edited art really makes it pop and feel real and stokes the imagination. I think a good many of us including myself have wondered what would have happened if Fawcett remained active and separate from any other entity. Speculation is one of the most fun parts of comics between issues after all. Not sure about the specifics of characters honestly but I feel like the major companies would have tried to find niches and different audiences and age groups. Though that probably would have been dashed with the creation of the comics code authority. That said I'd love to add my two cents

Blackhawks (which in 67 they are going to turn them into Superheroes and fail spectacularly)

Is it possible that we might get a different fate for Blackhawks in this timeline. DC is still missing a book taking place in a distant future. Maybe seeing the success of Minuteman at Fawcett and Magnus Robot Fighter at Gold Key they decide to do something similar. Just imagine after a run in with Per Degaton or some crazy 1960's style accident Blackhawk is sent to the far flung future. What he finds there eerily familiar to his own past as Earth is conquered by an extremely hostile and tyrannical Alien Race. Forcing him to fight as he flees to space. Now living on a desolate and dangerous asteroid belt Blackhawk meets other refugees like himself. Brave fighting men and women from across the galaxy who have had their planets occupied. He quickly forges a new team of Blackhawks creating new space planes from the wreckage in their asteroid belt. Together they attack to restore freedom to the cosmos.

Could be an amazing book borrowing from Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon style serials, espionage, military, scifi and space opera. Could also be a place to see some of DC's space based heroes like Space Ranger or Adam Strange. Not sure who would be on the creative team but love the idea of someone updating the Blackhawks design to a cosmic late 60's/early 70's look. Alternately or as a backup story we could look in on the original Hawks as they learn their old leader had a son or daughter he didn't know about. A coming of age story as they train this heir as they try to create their own legacy while living in dad's shadow. Kind of similar to Airboy in the 1980's. More personal more character driven.

Totally looking way to far ahead here but could totally see one of these surviving companies falling into hard times by the late 80's or early 90's while the competition thrives. Maybe instead of forming Image Comics Larsen, Lee, Liefeld, McFarlane, Portacio, Silvestri, and Valentino pool their resources and buy this company. Introducing their new creator owned characters and ideas in this new already established Universe. Making them the new hottest thing in comics at the time.

Thanks again can't wait to read more.

Totally looking way to far ahead here but could totally see one of these surviving companies falling into hard times by the late 80's or early 90's while the competition thrives. Maybe instead of forming Image Comics Larsen, Lee, Liefeld, McFarlane, Portacio, Silvestri, and Valentino pool their resources and buy this company. Introducing their new creator owned characters and ideas in this new already established Universe. Making them the new hottest thing in comics at the time.

Maybe Buying Fawcett is a bit of a stretch, though TBH I would love to see a certain portion of Image's universe become part of Fawcett instead. Specifically Wildstorm. Things like The Maxx, Wetworks, Gen 13 and Stormwatch. But that's another decade. A decade where the Younger members of the MTV Generation could very well have a channel where the Animators behind The Maxx, Bevis and Butthead and even others outside the company, animate the adventures of Fawcett's finest.

But that's something to discuss later.

For now, as the 60s gasps out it's final years and the 70s begin, we can expect many things. More characters created by Brits who will also be bringing along their art styles, (see Page 22 for more info there.) including another Time Traveller, although much more reluctant a sort and two Brit made characters that will actually be from Britain canonically, including a certain 19th century contortionist who I'm definitely looking forward to seeing as well as the creation of Fawcett's answer to the JL and Avengers and the debuts of The Misfits, John Cannon, Dragonella, Sally Forth and Black Angel (Maybe actually make her AA ITTL?).

Also, with Dell comics soon to be going bankrupt in 1973, It'd be nice to see their artists and writers, not to mention all of their characters, be given new homes at Fawcett. A:Because It'd be awesome to know that Neutro and Mytek would probably end up having a comic where they both fight AND ateam up, B: Because it'd give the Fawcett writers a chance to revamp the Monster Heroes, C: Because it'd add some more heroes to the LoSH's roster and D:Fawcett would finally get the full rights back to Captain Midnight, meaning that they can finally use him in Golden Age Earth stories. (Not sure what they could do with Nukla though. Maybe have a young, Freelance Alan Moore come in to help revamp that character so they don't get sued by Charlton?)

Last edited:
In 1968 French comics Barbarella and Italian comics Danger Diabolik are brought to America through cinema Fawcett with with their connections in the UK tried to get the licensing for the American printing of both titles Unfortunately with the Americas Comic book code authority in place made it impossible without some major censorship taking place however the influence of said movies would help create the new S.T.A.U.R.N agent Sally Forth as well as influence a creation of a new Devil's Dagger

In 1968, French comics Barbarella and Italian comics Danger Diabolik are brought to America through cinema Fawcett who, with their connections in the UK, tried to get the licensing for the American printing of both titles. Unfortunately, having America's Comic book code authority in place made it impossible without some major censorship taking place. However, the influence of said movies would help create the new S.T.A.U.R.N agent Sally Forth as well as influence a creation of a new Devil's Dagger.

Ooh, Let's hope she gets Maxx style handspikes or something to that effect. Shape Barberella and Diabolic never made it to the states in comic form. Still, thems the breaks. So, what comes next? By the way, about this talk of a possible future set title for DC. Back in All-Star Comics 10 in 1940, it was established that in Earth-Two's 25th Century, superheroes had become the inspiration for a squad of artificially winged policemen called ''Defenders'', some of which came from a race of human giants. You'd need to give them a new name of course, but if Earth-Two and One are still things in DC's continuity at this point it could be something to dwell on.

Last edited:
Ooh, Let's hope she gets Maxx style handspikes or something to that effect. Shape Barberella and Diabolic never made it to the states in comic form. Still, thems the breaks. So, what comes next? .
  • I'm guessing that the SHE in question is Devil's Dagger? The answer is not until the 90s right now she wears a red Emma Peel suit with a domino mask.
  • Ditkos heroes get their own comics
    PSX_20190829_110940.jpg
  • Also Fawcett starts their own Justice League/Defenders name TBD

In March Dick Giordano is hired as an editor at DC Comics (from Charlton Comics); Giordano brings with him some of the creators he had nurtured at Charlton, including Pat Masulli and Bill Franko who take over Wonder Woman introducing her new enemy Dr. Cyber

• I'm guessing that the SHE in question is Devil's Dagger? The answer is not until the 90s right now she wears a red Emma Peel suit with a domino mask.
  • Ditkos heroes get their own comics View attachment 484020
  • Also Fawcett starts their own Justice League/Defenders name TBD

Yeah, that was it. I was just thinking how you could set her apart from her golden age counterpart like DC did for Black Canary. Seemed to me like giving her some Wolverine or Maxx style wrist spikes or blades would do that.

And so, a new Chapter in the Fawcett Universe begins. Gotta say I'm digging where this is going.

Yeah, that was it. I was just thinking how you could set her apart from her golden age counterpart like DC did for Black Canary. Seemed to me like giving her some Wolverine or Maxx style wrist spikes or blades would do that.

And so, a new Chapter in the Fawcett Universe begins. Gotta say I'm digging where this is going.
Well I was thinking that since Marvel never created Daredevil ITTL Black Widow remains an Ironman Villain and Devil's Dagger takes Natasha Rominovs anti-hero design or he'll Electra's

Well I was thinking that since Marvel never created Daredevil ITTL Black Widow remains an Ironman Villain and Devil's Dagger takes Natasha Rominovs anti-hero design or he'll Electra's

Since Elektra doesn't come about until the early 80s, I think Black Widdow's look would be better for her. I only bring it up because it feels like she deserves some powers of her own. Also, kinda see D. J. Arneson as the writer and Evelyn Flinders on art. No doubt she's been working in the states long enough at this point to know the fashion troupes of lib-woman characters over there. Not to mention IOTL, she retired in 1959, but Fawcett bringing her out of retirement has probably allowed her to refine her style, in spite of her advancing age.

Also, any idea what the new name for the new Dagger should be? Maybe it's just my fondness for underused Names, but I'd really love it if her 1st name was ''Hortense.''

Really loving this timeline so far wanted to give my thanks to the author and everyone contributing. All the artwork and edited art really makes it pop and feel real and stokes the imagination. I think a good many of us including myself have wondered what would have happened if Fawcett remained active and separate from any other entity. Speculation is one of the most fun parts of comics between issues after all. Not sure about the specifics of characters honestly but I feel like the major companies would have tried to find niches and different audiences and age groups. Though that probably would have been dashed with the creation of the comics code authority. That said I'd love to add my two cents

Is it possible that we might get a different fate for Blackhawks in this timeline. DC is still missing a book taking place in a distant future. Maybe seeing the success of Minuteman at Fawcett and Magnus Robot Fighter at Gold Key they decide to do something similar. Just imagine after a run in with Per Degaton or some crazy 1960's style accident Blackhawk is sent to the far flung future. What he finds there eerily familiar to his own past as Earth is conquered by an extremely hostile and tyrannical Alien Race. Forcing him to fight as he flees to space. Now living on a desolate and dangerous asteroid belt Blackhawk meets other refugees like himself. Brave fighting men and women from across the galaxy who have had their planets occupied. He quickly forges a new team of Blackhawks creating new space planes from the wreckage in their asteroid belt. Together they attack to restore freedom to the cosmos.

Could be an amazing book borrowing from Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon style serials, espionage, military, scifi and space opera. Could also be a place to see some of DC's space based heroes like Space Ranger or Adam Strange. Not sure who would be on the creative team but love the idea of someone updating the Blackhawks design to a cosmic late 60's/early 70's look. Alternately or as a backup story we could look in on the original Hawks as they learn their old leader had a son or daughter he didn't know about. A coming of age story as they train this heir as they try to create their own legacy while living in dad's shadow. Kind of similar to Airboy in the 1980's. More personal more character driven.

Every single one of these ideas is awesome. I never thought I'd see a non-World War II Blackhawks idea that's good, but you came up with two.

Also, there's no reason for the Outsiders not to be in the future.

Fawcett Enterprise finally got their big hero team to compete with the Justice League and Defenders in 68
PSX_20190830_102922.jpg

The team formed by Minute Man to stop the Evil Brainiac from assassinating the Contenders of the Presidential debates
The team consisted of
  • Minute man
  • Captain Marvel (Leader)
  • Ibis the invincible
  • Mr. Scarlet
  • Bulletman
  • Bulletgirl (reserve)
  • Nyoka the Lioness
  • Creeper
  • Hunchback (joined the following year)
  • Mary Marvel (reserve)
  • Captain Marvel jr. (Reserve)
  • MoonGirl (after leaving LOSH)
  • Courageous Star (formerly Starboy )
Sadly the first issue appeared one week before the assassination of Robert Kennedy and it was pulled

Fawcett Enterprise finally got their big hero team to compete with the Justice League and Defenders in 68View attachment 484247
The team formed by Minute Man to stop the Evil Brainiac from assassinating the Contenders of the Presidential debates
The team consisted of
  • Minute man
  • Captain Marvel (Leader)
  • Ibis the invincible
  • Mr. Scarlet
  • Bulletman
  • Bulletgirl (reserve)
  • Nyoka the Lioness
  • Creeper
  • Hunchback (joined the following year)
  • Mary Marvel (reserve)
  • Captain Marvel jr. (Reserve)
  • MoonGirl (after leaving LOSH)
  • Courageous Star (formerly Starboy )
Sadly the first issue appeared one week before the assassination of Robert Kennedy and it was pulled

Untill now you mean. Well, better late than never. So, where will their HQ be? The Rock of Eternity perhaps?