The Beatles Don't Break Up in 1970 - A Timeline

How long a set will CCR do? Is there a set list or can I make it?

They'll do a relatively short set. Here's the list:

1. Suzie Q
2. Up Around The Bend
3. Born On The Bayou
4. Green River
5. Proud Mary
6. Run Through The Jungle
7. Who'll Stop The Rain
8. Sweet Hitchhiker
9. Fortunate Son

Last edited:
They'll do a relatively short set. Here's the list:

1. Up Around The Bend
2. Lookin' Out My Back Door
3. Green River
4. Proud Mary
5. Lodi
6. Who'll Stop The Rain
7. Sweet Hitchhiker
8. Fortunate Son

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this set list.

Can we take out "Lookin' Out My Back Door" and "Lodi" and give them 9 songs so three of my favorites are in the list for my fantasy experience?

Suzie Q
Born on the Bayou
Run Through the Jungle?

Also can we have Susie Q start the set?

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this set list.

Can we take out "Lookin' Out My Back Door" and "Lodi" and give them 9 songs so three of my favorites are in the list for my fantasy experience?

Suzie Q
Born on the Bayou
Run Through the Jungle?

Also can we have Susie Q start the set?

Sure thing, I've just edited the set list accordingly.

So you never answered my question about the Abby Road Medly... does it start with Golden Slumbers or with You Never Give Me Your Money?

May 1972 (All Things Must Pass Tour part 4)
So you never answered my question about the Abby Road Medly... does it start with Golden Slumbers or with You Never Give Me Your Money?

They mostly go with "Golden Slumbers" as the starting point, but if they have time and they're up for it, they start it with "You Never Give Me...". With that out of the way, let's finish up the French portion of the tour, shall we?

May 19, 1972
- Twelfth* concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at the Stade Leon-Bollee in Le Mans. During "Michelle", Paul messes up a few words during the French portions. Paul says after the song ends "Sorry folks, pardon my French." Ringo also flubs a couple of fills during "It Don't Come Easy", to which he replies "It don't come easy to drum and sing".

May 23, 1972 - Thirteenth concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at the Stade de Venoix in Caen. As has been the case all tour, John fills in on bass guitar when Paul is playing another instrument. For this concert, Paul draws attention to this by changing one of the lines in "Maybe I'm Amazed" to "Maybe I'm amazed that John can play the bass guitar". This elicits laughter from John and because it works so well, this is done at all subsequent concerts on the tour.

May 27, 1972 - Fourteenth concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at the Stade Chaban-Delmas in Bourdeax. Before the concert, some fans are injured during the rush to get into the stadium. Other than that, the concert proceeds as normal.

May 30, 1972 - Final concert of the European leg of the All Things Must Pass Tour at the Stadium de Toulouse in Toulouse.

May 31, 1972 - The Beatles fly out of Orly Airport in Paris to New York City to begin the much-anticipated North American leg of the tour.

*I realized that I forgot to count Wembley Stadium as the first concert. So that would make the Paris concert the eleventh one of the tour.

Last edited:
For this concert, Paul draws attention to this by changing one of the lines in "Maybe I'm Amazed" to "Maybe I'm amazed that John can play the bass guitar". This elicits laughter from John and because it works so well

One of the things I love about this TL is how much better the Beatles' relationship is and the Lennon-McCartney dynamic is in far, far better shape than the same point in OTL. :D

You ought to include a POV anecdote by one of the Beatles reflecting on the first US concert in six years many years after the fact and on their surprise at how they could really hear themselves better and especially on the differences in American kids between 1964-66 and 1972.

You ought to include a POV anecdote by one of the Beatles reflecting on the first US concert in six years many years after the fact and on their surprise at how they could really hear themselves better and especially on the differences in American kids between 1964-66 and 1972.
Well then they just kept screaming. We kids in the 70s screamed our heads off and then listened to the music.

Well then they just kept screaming. We kids in the 70s screamed our heads off and then listened to the music.
I'd also imagine their 70s fans being a bit more gender-equal. :p
Yeah the 70's audience would be quite different from the 60's audience and so would the sound stage equipment.
I've always thought a good POD for the Beatles would be them copying "The Who's" sound stage setup in 66, John once noticed how many amps the Who used at a show were They were both on the same bill and Lennon asked Townsend, "why do you need all that shit?" and Pete response was "so they can fucking hear us". That should've gave John some ideas but alas, he was probably already sick of touring.

That should've gave John some ideas but alas, he was probably already sick of touring.

Well, that, and the fact that the Beatles' music was getting TOO complex to be performed live - of the Revolver + Paperback Writer/Rain sessions, I can think of five, maybe six tracks they could do live easily without deviating from the vocals/guitars/bass/drums setup.

Well, that, and the fact that the Beatles' music was getting TOO complex to be performed live - of the Revolver + Paperback Writer/Rain sessions, I can think of five, maybe six tracks they could do live easily without deviating from the vocals/guitars/bass/drums setup.
True but they could've padded out the set list with older material and also play simpler version of their newer stuff, like when they would play Yesterday in concert, they used electric guitars and drums, not a string quartet but like I said they were already tired of touring.

They brought in session musicians. I don’ See why, if they’d have kept touring, they wouldn’t have brought in touring musicians.

Now I am wondering which big band was first to do that.