The Beatles Don't Break Up in 1970 - A Timeline

June 1972 - July 1972 (All Things Must Pass Tour part 7)
I'm guessing the Chicago incident will be the inspiration for an OTL song ITTL

Yes, although how far in the future that will be I haven't decided yet.

June 25, 1972 - Twenty-fifth concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at the Astrodome in Houston, Texas. In an effort to avoid a repeat of the Chicago Stadium Brawl, the Astrodome employs many more security guards and implements assigned seating. The concert proceeds without incident. Despite this, many of the venues on the rest of the tour will continue to use festival seating.

June 29, 1972 - Twenty-sixth concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at the Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix, Arizona. For this concert, part of the the lyrics of "Get Back" are changed to "Jojo left his home in Phoenix, Arizona...", much to the delight of the crowd.

July 1, 1972 - Twenty-seventh concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at Las Vegas Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. The afternoon before the concert, The Beatles take in Elvis' live show at a Las Vegas Hotel and then visit with him back stage. The group later covers "Heartbreak Hotel" during the concert.

July 3, 1972 - Twenty-eighth concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California.

July 6, 1972 - The Beatles spend this off-day from the tour checking out the San Francisco area, hounded as usual by photographers and fans.

July 7, 1972 - Twenty-ninth concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at Oakland Coliseum in Oakland, California.

What exactly is a "threadmark"? I've been here 8 years and I still don't know what is except that some TL's have them and some don't.

It's a short cut. You click on the threadmarks button at the bottom of a page or just above a threadmarked post and you get a list of all the posts that have been threadmarked, which only the creator of the thread can do. In a thread like this they are good for putting the actual timeline posts in the index. You also when you read a threadmarked post click and go to the next threadmarked post. So that makes navigating a thread like this great when all the timeline posts are threadmarked.

In a game thread they are usefull for character sheets of the various players, important posts setting up the play, etc.

Some threads don't have them because the original creator never makes them.

It's a short cut. You click on the threadmarks button at the bottom of a page or just above a threadmarked post and you get a list of all the posts that have been threadmarked, which only the creator of the thread can do. In a thread like this they are good for putting the actual timeline posts in the index. You also when you read a threadmarked post click and go to the next threadmarked post. So that makes navigating a thread like this great when all the timeline posts are threadmarked.

In a game thread they are usefull for character sheets of the various players, important posts setting up the play, etc.

Some threads don't have them because the original creator never makes them.
I see, thanks for the info.

i dont know if it was asked or not, but how the rumour ,,Paul is dead,, will go TTL?

It happened:

September 17, 1969 - The newspaper of Drake University in Iowa, the Times-Delphic, publishes an article written by student Tim Harper which claims that Paul McCartney is dead and clues to his death are hidden on the group's albums. This kicks off the infamous "Paul is dead" rumor.

October 24, 1969 - Paul McCartney makes a statement to the press denying the rumors of his death that have snowballed in the US. He says in part: "If I really was dead, I'd be the last to know".

July 1972 (All Things Must Pass Tour part 8)
Once again, the timeline falls quiet.

Again, sorry for the delay. I was once again distracted by other projects elsewhere. This will happen from time to time.

I’m really enjoying this will Band on the Run happen?

Yes, it will be both an album and a movie.

Now, on with the timeline:

July 10, 1972 - Thirtieth concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon.

July 13, 1972 - Thirty-first concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at Seattle Center Coliseum in Seattle, Washington. For this concert and for all subsequent concerts, The Beatles play the entire Abbey Road Medley at the end followed by the usual encores. Previous to this, it depended on how long the concert was and if there were any instrumentalists available. As was the case in Europe, members of local orchestras back them up on songs with extra instrumentation, namely the Abbey Road Medley.

July 15, 1972 - Thirty-second concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at Mile High Stadium in Denver, Colorado. The group adds "Rocky Raccoon" to the setlist for this concert.

July 18, 1972 - Thirty-third concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at Tulane Stadium in New Orleans, Louisiana.

July 20, 1972 - Thirty-fourth concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at Alexander Memorial Coliseum in Atlanta, Georgia.

July 23, 1972 - The Beatles wrap up the North American leg of the All Things Must Pass Tour at RFK Stadium in Washington, DC. As a tribute to their first live US concert in 1964, the group performs "Roll Over Beethoven" and "Please Please Me".

July 26, 1972 - The Beatles fly out of JFK Airport in New York City to commence the Australian leg of the tour.

July 13, 1972 - Thirty-first concert of the All Things Must Pass Tour at Seattle Center Coliseum in Seattle, Washington. For this concert and for all subsequent concerts, The Beatles play the entire Abbey Road Medley at the end followed by the usual encores. Previous to this, it depended on how long the concert was and if there were any instrumentalists available. As was the case in Europe, members of local orchestras back them up on songs with extra instrumentation, namely the Abbey Road Medley.

I will update the playlist and write a post about our after concert experience.

gonna have to break up at some point lol

Yeah, Lennon and Macartney really didn't like each other due to mutual jealousy. They both thought they were the best in the band while George Harrison wasn't like that and Ringo was just glad they didn't get rid of him.

The applause was crazy. We were standing up and yelling. It had brought them back once for Revolution and Helter Skelter. Maybe we could bring them back out for more.

We kept applauding.

The house lights went up. We kept yelling and applauding, stomping our feet.

Piped in music started up, again current hits but no Beatles or CCR. We kept applauding and stomping our feet. The yelling turned into a group yell of "MORE! MORE! MORE!"

Roadies started taking down equipment. We kept it up. "MORE! MORE! MORE!"

Some gave up and started leaving. Many of us didn't. We yelled and applauded and stomped.

I think our little group was the last to leave.

Greg said something about how sticking around so long made it easy to get out because the crowd was gone. We hit the bathrooms and then walked through the now empty Seattle Center talking our heads off. What did you think of that song? I wish they'd done this too. Isn't Paul still cute? I'd kill to be in the orchestra, can you imagine playing with the Beatles? I wonder where they are staying?

Finally we got to Jerry's car. It was late and dark, but a city doesn't sleep. We had to wait to cross a busy street to get to where he'd parked. Three big buses drove by. A guy looked out the window at us and waved.

"That's one of the roadies!" Jill cried.

We rushed across the street and got in Jerry's car. He peeled out, he was good at that, doing a U-Turn and we tried to catch up with the buses. We should have been heading north to go up Auroa Avenue to find a restaurant in North Seattle or heading east to get to the Interstate to drive out of the city and stop somewhere on the road. But we were heading southwest now- right towards the water.

"I think they're going to the Edgewater." Greg said. "That's where Led Zeppelin caught a mudshark off the balcony and put some of it a groupie."

"That's gross!" Jenny said.

"Yeah," I said.

"It's just a rumor that may not be true." Greg said. "But lots of rock stars stay here. I think the Who totally trashed a suite there."

We followed the buses and Greg was right. They went to the Edgewater, a fantastic hotel right on the harbor.

3a38c2654fcc66eb200479a42cb0fb6d.jpg

"This is where the Beatles stayed in '64 and '65. It's got to be where they are now." Greg said. How he always knew everything I never figured out. This was long before someone could find things out on the internet.

We found a place to park and walked into the lobby.

th

"What do we do?" I asked.

"We act like we belong." Rick said. "We sit on one of these sofas and act like we belong here."

Jill said, "Maybe one of them will walk by."

They didn't. We sat there for about half an hour and then a guy in a red suit coat with a hotel emblem on it walked over and said, "May I help you?"

"We're just enjoying the lounge." Jerry said.

"Are you guests?"

"Do we have to be to sit here?" Jerry said.

He then said, "Look, they aren't young rock stars. They aren't partying upstairs. They are middle aged men with their families with them. They probably are all asleep. Why don't you go home. Even if you camped out here all night you won't see them. They will not leave through the lobby."

We left.

We got on the freeway and drove towards Bellingham. We finaly stopped about halfway home and ate at a Denny's. The whole time all we did was talk about what we did and about the concert and the Beatles.

I was dropped off first, just like I was picked up last. It was nearly 3 in the morning. I had dozed a bit for the last few miles.

I still have my ticket stub.