Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Deutches Reich 1923.png

Just finished Orwell's excellent Homage to Catalonia and I decided to make these:

1936-SCW.png

A small QBAM patch for the Spanish Civil War at its outbreak in 1936

1936-SCW-Detail.png

And a more detailed version that includes a bit more complicated detail on Republican factionalism. I do not have too much information on the political state of the Fascists so I am not sure if they had the same degree of "power-sharing" in a sense that the early republicans had. Any corrections would be much appreciated!

Just finished Orwell's excellent Homage to Catalonia and I decided to make these:

View attachment 451905
A small QBAM patch for the Spanish Civil War at its outbreak in 1936

View attachment 451904
And a more detailed version that includes a bit more complicated detail on Republican factionalism. I do not have too much information on the political state of the Fascists so I am not sure if they had the same degree of "power-sharing" in a sense that the early republicans had. Any corrections would be much appreciated!
That's beautiful!

1993 Yugoslav.png

Small patch for the collapse of Yugoslavia because why not? I just listened to the audiobook of "My War Gone By, I Miss It So", a simultaneously insightful, horrific, and occasionally darkly comedic vignette of the conflict that I quite enjoyed listening to, and so I decided to make a QBAM patch for it!

Last edited:
1519 Aztec Empire.png

Made a small map of the Aztec Empire and a few other states in MesoAmerica about 1519.
If you're wondering about the color within the aztec empire being strange, I did it that way because the provinces themselves acted more as tributaries since the aztecs allowed the rulers of conquered lands to remain ruling as long as they pledged tribute and military commitment

I'm more curious about West Bosnia

West Bosnia was really the self-declared Autonomous Province of West Bosnia centered around the town of Velika Kladuša. There was this whole drama about a politician declaring himself President of this “Republic”, then ostensibly fighting the Serbs, then making a deal with the Serbs until a BiH (Bosnian) coup and military action restored the province to governmental Bosnian authority.

For the other user and anyone else interested: Serbia (and Montenegro) made up the de facto Republic of Serbia during the war, the Republika Srpska was the self declared Serb majority republic within Bosnia that the main Serbian Republic sought to annex, and Serbian Krajina is the southern region of Croatia around the Bosnian border that also housed many ethnic Serbs and resulted in them declaring independence and seeking to join Serbia.

Herzeg-Bosna is a similar situation but between Bosnians and Croatians where ethnic Croats living throughout Bosnia (small number relative to the Serb and Bosniak populations) declared independence and sought to join Croatia - leading to a split between the formerly allied republics of Bosnia and Croatia.

It was basically just a giant mess of horrible ethnic cleansing, political chaos, ever-changing and confused goals and alliances, etc.

West Bosnia was really the self-declared Autonomous Province of West Bosnia centered around the town of Velika Kladuša. There was this whole drama about a politician declaring himself President of this “Republic”, then ostensibly fighting the Serbs, then making a deal with the Serbs until a BiH (Bosnian) coup and military action restored the province to governmental Bosnian authority.

For the other user and anyone else interested: Serbia (and Montenegro) made up the de facto Republic of Serbia during the war, the Republika Srpska was the self declared Serb majority republic within Bosnia that the main Serbian Republic sought to annex, and Serbian Krajina is the southern region of Croatia around the Bosnian border that also housed many ethnic Serbs and resulted in them declaring independence and seeking to join Serbia.

Herzeg-Bosna is a similar situation but between Bosnians and Croatians where ethnic Croats living throughout Bosnia (small number relative to the Serb and Bosniak populations) declared independence and sought to join Croatia - leading to a split between the formerly allied republics of Bosnia and Croatia.

It was basically just a giant mess of horrible ethnic cleansing, political chaos, ever-changing and confused goals and alliances, etc.
functional-balkan-state-yugomemes-for-partisan-teens-36048802.png

Weird, I wonder why they added that? I'll report back if I find anything

* Update * Research concluded; I know what it is, but not why it is there; that area was granted to the German Confederation as it surrounded the towns of Zator, Saybusch and Auschwitz. Even weirder, the region was only added to the German Confederation in 1818 (notable as it means it shouldn't be on this map).

Last edited: