Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by JG Online, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

Shouldn’t Britain’s first-levels be counties?

2. Prof_Chemical Well-Known Member

non of the constituent countries or crowns have any administrative function back in the 1800s

3. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

The kingdoms within the United Kingdom are administratively similar to the US states, in that they are first levels. The counties of Britain also work this way with the US counties.

Britain will have them in the 1648 map

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  4. Prof_Chemical Well-Known Member

no because the us states were federated together. the uk was a unitary state

5. damein fisher This bad boy can fit so many maps in it

The Uk is actually a regional-unitary state, meaning that they are sort of in between the two

Prof_Chemical likes this.
  6. Chris S Member

It is now. Back then it wasn't. It was very much a unitary state. Only in terms of Scots law was there any real differences and those were most concerned with the justice system, not day to day administration of government and government services.

7. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

but their administrative status is the same, specifically in that they are the first level divisions.

damein fisher likes this.
  8. Alex Richards A mapper I, from near Dar-bai. Donor

If we're talking 1815 then it was definitely the counties which were the First level Division- Wales was considered an integral part of England at that point.

Though you also had the County Corporates and the City of London and the Scottish Burghs.

This is technically before the existence of local government so you basically just had:

Country (UK) -> County -> Hundred (if applicable).

9. Chris S Member

In 1815? No. They weren't first level divisions. They were historical regions and thus traditional divisions. But they had no more administrative function than "New England" ever had in the US.

10. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

Oh ok, I understand. I’ll get right on it then.

Chris S likes this.
  11. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

Untitled.png Untitled2.png
    I have a couple questions on the status of the vassalized states of Company-ruled India and some borders for the Pashaliks of Scutari and Yanina.
    Does anyone know whether the status of the soon-to-be princely states of the Raj were also part of company ruled India in the same status or were they separate entities with their own states? Also, are there any good maps for the Pashaliks of Scutari and Yanina? they need to be mapped as they are semi-independent of the Ottoman Empire, and I don't know if the Sanjaks of the viyalets are accurate for the time period.

12. Frank Hart Be Who You Want To Be

13. BionicWilliam The Bionic One

14. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

[​IMG] 1700blank.png
    1700 AD, THICC color scheme

hadaril, Christory, ML8991 and 12 others like this.
  15. Analytical Engine Monarchist Collectivist Federalist

I am currently in the process of making a small Q-bam map of Central Europe, which will basically be an inset map.

Not for any reason at all associated with a TL that I am currently doing, no sir, not at all...

The map will cover the German States, and the PoD is late 18th Century. However, I noticed that the QBAM maps have...inconsistent borders for the states of the HRE/Germany, which makes choosing which ones are most appropriate difficult.

Is there an up to date Q-Bam which includes the Confederation of the Rhine, and the pre-Revolutionary Wars HRE, as well as for Revolutionary France? I will settle for a patch, rather than a whole map.

16. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

The borderpool should have some of those, but I don’t know if we did the pre-Congress of Vienna borders.

17. Analytical Engine Monarchist Collectivist Federalist

I have old maps from the AH.com wiki. However, I don't know how accurate those borders are.

18. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

I see. Go to the borderpool on drex’s deviantart page, and you’ll see the borderpool if you look. Or you can use crazy boris’s 1700 map. He just made it and it is very close to the time period you’re looking for. They both are accurate so you shouldn’t have to worry about that.

19. Analytical Engine Monarchist Collectivist Federalist

The problem is that I need the borders of the German states, and (whilst otherwise excellent) Crazy Boris' map lacks them.

drex's Borderpool map has many, many borders on it (my God it's full of borders), and at least some of them are useful for my needs. I think that, combined with the other maps will help, but I will need to try again tomorrow, as it is definitely bed time for me now.

Thanks.

20. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

Goodluck

Analytical Engine likes this.