Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by JG Online, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

Wendell and damein fisher like this.
  2. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

Mexico Loss of Land.png
    So, I did the same thing I did for the treaties of ww1 patch sort of, but I did it differently.
    The dark gray is the current country boundary for Mexico, the red is disputed land/former ceded land, and the orange is the disputed land/recovered land

Christory, Wendell, Miner and 4 others like this.
  3. damein fisher This bad boy can fit so many maps in it

Pretty good! but shouldn't the Red Texas Rio Grande border be orange?

4. Drex Alférez de caballería

It happens to be the modern border, and it seems to have preference.

5. Clandango Disestablishmentarianist

The Oder-Neisse line included more than Stettin. Though honestly I am unsure what exactly. I suppose we would need to see government maps of what the FRG claimed.

6. Miner Tu sais qu'il fallait que je le leur fasse

I had the impression that until some time during the Cold War - maybe the 70s? - the FRG still claimed at least Silesia and Pomerania.

7. Clandango Disestablishmentarianist

Yes. Looking back it the Wikipedia page, it seems the West German stance was that the border with Poland from before WWII was still in force, within he land only occupied by Poland, until a peace treaty officially ending the war and occupation. Apparently the Germans expelled (or who ran) from the area ended up in the British and American occupation zones. I am unsure if it was because the Soviets made sure they kept moving or if they moved all that way on their own. The Soviets didn't want people to leave later when they would be useful as laborers (though they did keep using Germans as slav laborers in the East for a couple decades) but not having to feed several hundred thousand refugees (and to easily loot and redistribute resources in an area the size of England) did simplify things for them. On a side note, it seems that when Galicia was basically split between the Poles and Soviets that the Ukrainians and others form the Polish portion were sent to Silesia and Pomerania, where they got compensation for their lost homes and farms, sometimes with even more land. Those expelled by the Soviets in the other hand where sent to Kazakhstan and Siberia without much in the way of buildings.

But yes, all in all the West German claims would officially be for all of the land Poland gained, besides maybe East Prussia. I am unsure what their stance on Kalingrad would be. Apparently the German Chancellor might have just been using it all as a way to win votes, because 16% of West Germans came from somewhere east of East Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oder–Neisse_line

Miner likes this.
  8. Wendell Wendell

Shouldn't the boundary between Canada/Qebec and HBC follow the St. Lawrence watershed on the 1790 maps?

9. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

US Growth.png

I redid that US expansion map I made a while ago. This time it has disputed areas and the minor outlying islands.

10. Wendell Wendell

No Philippines? FSM? Palau? Marshall Islands? Phoenix Islands? Line Islands?

11. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

I decided to only include territories currently part of the US or currently disputed with the US. With the exception being the northern chunk of Oregon country and the bits given to the British by the Webster-Ashburton treaty, since those kind of go along with the parts of those areas the US did get.

GermanDjinn and Wendell like this.
  12. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

I think the boundary dispute for the oregon country is a little off. It should be closer to alaska:
    Map

Wendell likes this.
  13. felixs Active Member

14. felixs Active Member

If you need French West Africa districts.

https://collections.lib.uwm.edu/digital/collection/agdm/id/2722/rec/23

Miner likes this.
  15. Sharklord1 Well-Known Member

Europe 1648.png
    Been working on 1648 before I get into more China patches and feudal HRE. How does it look so far in terms of colors, country/provincial borders?

16. Drex Alférez de caballería

I'm pretty sure Upper Navarre and Provence were separate provinces.

17. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

Valais and the three leagues were more Swiss satellite states than parts of the confederacy. IIRC, they had a status of something like “Associates” rather than Cantons.

18. Konrad13 Prince

I'll be incredibly interested in this one since I am actually looking for a q-bam of Europe of year 1620 CE and this is about as close as I've found so far.

19. Crazy Boris Cool Dood

[​IMG]
    January 1, 1900

20. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

The border between Sichuan, Qinghai, and Gansu is a bit off. It was different before the Communist era.