Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapman

Donor
PresidentMarkle.png

Because why not?

Because why not?

Sorry to nit pick, but Prince Harry’s surname isn’t David.

His Christian names are Henry Charles Albert David, while technically he has no surname, in theory Mountbatten-Windsor, is the official surname for all descendants of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip.

Commonly he would use his title as his surname. So he could be Henry Sussex, like when he was in the army he was know as Harry Wales as son of the prince of Wales.
Similarly Prince George goes to school known as George Cambridge due to Williams dukedom.

Chapman

Donor
Sorry to nit pick, but Prince Harry’s surname isn’t David.

His Christian names are Henry Charles Albert David, while technically he has no surname, in theory Mountbatten-Windsor, is the official surname for all descendants of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip.

Commonly he would use his title as his surname. So he could be Henry Sussex, like when he was in the army he was know as Harry Wales as son of the prince of Wales.
Similarly Prince George goes to school known as George Cambridge due to Williams dukedom.

Nitpick appreciated, I actually wasn't sure what to use there, so I went based on his baptismal name; I thought Henry Charles David had a nice ring to it, and sounded somewhat "Americanized." Especially given that, in theory, this is a situation where both he & Meghan renounced their royal titles, I figured it worked.

But point definitely noted, good to know.

Nitpick appreciated, I actually wasn't sure what to use there, so I went based on his baptismal name; I thought Henry Charles David had a nice ring to it, and sounded somewhat "Americanized." Especially given that, in theory, this is a situation where both he & Meghan renounced their royal titles, I figured it worked.
Fair enough

I only know because as a true British republican I like to address them as their names not statuses lol

Plus when I made Edward VIII as a US senator I went with his surname as Windsor.

SuperZtar64

Banned
What is this from, @SuperZtar64?
It is from a really obscure musical called 35MM.

Specifically, the penultimate song in the performance, "The Ballad of Sara Berry" wherein our titular lady goes insane and murders six people to ensure that she becomes Senior Prom Queen.

Listen to it. It's really, really good.

POD: Nadal and Federer retire early?

I was thinking they never got into the sport to start with. Novak is also absent. Without three of the best players to ever grace the sport, you have Murray as the dominant player of the era, with guys like Delpo, Roddick, Berdych, Ferrer, Tsonga, etc in the tier below. The field is a lot more open, with a number of players grabbing one-off major titles and such.

I found out today that Molly Brown, of Titanic survivor fame, was not only a labor rights activist, but also ran for Senate in 1914 after the Ludlow Massacre, until she withdrew to join the Women's Relief Committee after WWI started. And she was favored to win the Senate race too. I couldn't find what party she was running under, but given Colorado's political climate at the time I assume it would have been Republican running against Charles S. Thomas, who was running for a full term after being appointed.

I call it The Unsinkable Does The Unthinkable

z8CPsmL.png

dcwuj90-c6c79e32-b175-4194-9b0e-b5a2a93a9b26.png

After the corruption of the Grant Administration, the Republican Party sought a candidate in 1876 to put an honest face on the party. In response, former General and college President Joshua Chamberlain tossed his hat into the ring. His campaign was partly based on his record for being the "Hero of Gettysburg." He also advocated for a gradual return of the Southern States into the Union. With this promise, he was able to win the election honestly, with no back room deals.

During his term in office, Chamberlain invited several prominent members of the Southern aristocracy, many of which were former Confederates. The purpose of these meetings was to create further healing between North and South. In return, Chamberlain promised to gradually withdraw federal troops from the South as long as the leaders of the Southern leaders maintain the peace, which includes protecting the rights of Black Americans, otherwise, troops will be sent back into the South. One of the former Confederates Chamberlain had the most progress with was Longstreet, so successful, in fact, Longstreet would later become a member of Chamberlain's cabinet as the Attorney General in late 1880. This was an interesting development as Chamberlain and Longstreet had both opposed one another at Gettysburg. As a result of these meetings, Reconstruction ends much gradually, and by the end of the 1870's, Federal troops have been completely pulled out, only returning in some instances in the event of civil unrest.

While Chamberlain was healing wounds between North and South, he was creating wounds between him and the corruption of the Republican elite. Chamberlain did not like the spoils system the Republican political machine created. This came to a head in the election of 1880, as the machine were trying to sabotage his campaign, calling him a traitor to the party for sitting down with former Confederates and proposing to have James Longstreet, one of the Confederates who opposed him at Gettysburg. One of his critics was Winfield Scott Hancock, the Democratic candidate, who was also at Gettysburg. Chamberlain fired back at Hancock, saying, "If you are so concerned with traitors, why have you joined the party that consists of men who have either sympathized with the Confederacy, dodged the draft, or had gone as far as fought for the Confederacy?" The election was close, but in the end, Chamberlain gained a second term.

Chamberlain began his new term with the elimination of the spoils system and replacing it with a system based on merit, thus eliminating office seekers. This would prove almost lethal as one of these office seekers was a man named Charles Guiteau, a man who claimed that he got Chamberlain reelected. Taking this personally, he tries to kill President Chamberlain by shooting him as he on his way to Virginia to a ceremony, commemorating the twentieth Anniversary of the Battle of First Bull Run. Guiteau fails and his shot hits Secretary of State James A. Garfield, wounding him. Despite the attempt, on his life, Chamberlain makes sure that Garfield is taken care of, and continues on his way to the ceremony. By the end of Chamberlain's term as President, much change has been made to the country. The South had successfully returned to the Union, Black Americans in the South have much better treatment as the Republican machine doesn't turn it's back on them, and corruption is slowly but surely phased out for Government, at least for the time being. Joshua Chamberlain would go down as one of the Greatest Presidents along side Washington, Lincoln, and Roosevelt.

After Al Gore was brought down over his piecemeal intervention into Iraq and Afghanistan, Mike Huckabee was swept into power on the back of a right-wing reaction against the centrist policies of the Democratic Party. Decrying Gore's weakness in the face of the greatest threat to America in decades and his failure to capture Osama bin Laden, Huckabee promised that he would bring America's enemies to justice, and would ramp up military presence in the Middle East.

By 2013, Huckabee had worn thin on the American public. bin Laden was still at large, the wars in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq and Libya seemed unending, and his staunchly conservative social views flew in the face of ongoing cultural changes. All of this, compounded by the worst Recession seen since the Great Depression, saw Connecticut Senator Ned Lamont swept into power on the back of a Democratic wave - but as the honeymoon period wears off and Lamont submits his Cabinet nominations to Congress, some of his supporters worry if Lamont is committed to ending America's wars abroad...

lamont cabinet.jpg

Last edited:
Heres a wikibox from a world where the US lost the civil war after British and French intervention to help the CSA not only win but also take everything they ever wanted

This proves humiliating for the Republican party who is now seen as the party who lost the war, with the Democrats being seen as essentially a party full of traitorous sympathizers to the Confederacy by most.

As a result, Republicans do not nominate Lincoln in an attempt to rebrand itself and try to move away from the great humiliation of the civil war, while the Democrats nominate formerly pro war Democrats in an attempt to show that they are not the same party that allowed the Confederacy to be a thing, both worked to a certain extent, but Fremont decided that it was enough of these two parties, both whom failed the American people, and decided to try out a third party, the Radical Democracy Party, it was a far left party, even more so then the radical republican embracing Republican Party, America embraced this party as it was the only choice that noone could really object against, for despite the loss Fremont was still seen as a great general during the war, and a hero for the Union side despite it losing in the end. This was especially the case for the north and west of the country, who embraced him full on, while the rest of the country loved him but were barely able to beat him in close races, either for Seward or Seymour.

In the end the election came down to either Fremont takes New York or Congress decides the next president, it was extemely close, but in the end Fremont was barely able to edge out New York with everyone being within a percentage point of one another.

election wikibox 1864.png

Alright everyone, this is for a timeline Im considering doing, where basically after a huge defeat in the civil war the union breaks down into a multi party state and also a leftist imperialist power, basically wanting to create an empire of equality while the confederacy expands to the south of them after buying the American colonies of the British and French, making these two powers constantly competing with each other cold war style. This election is really what begins this process. What do you all think?

Last edited:
Heres a wikibox from a world where the US lost the civil war after British and French intervention to help the CSA not only win but also take everything they ever wanted

This proves humiliating for the Republican party who is now seen as the party who lost the war, with the Democrats being seen as essentially a party full of traitorous sympathizers to the Confederacy by most.

As a result, Republicans do not nominate Lincoln in an attempt to rebrand itself and try to move away from the great humiliation of the civil war, while the Democrats nominate formerly pro war Democrats in an attempt to show that they are not the same party that allowed the Confederacy to be a thing, both worked to a certain extent, but Fremont decided that it was enough of these two parties, both whom failed the American people, and decided to try out a third party, the Radical Democracy Party, it was a far left party, even more so then the radical republican embracing Republican Party, America embraced this party as it was the only choice that noone could really object against, for despite the loss Fremont was still seen as a great general during the war, and a hero for the Union side despite it losing in the end. This was especially the case for the north and west of the country, who embraced him full on, while the rest of the country loved him but were barely able to beat him in close races, either for Seward or Seymour.

In the end the election came down to either Fremont takes New York or Congress decides the next president, it was extemely close, but in the end Fremont was barely able to edge out New York with everyone being within a percentage point of one another.

View attachment 432250

Alright everyone, this is for a timeline Im considering doing, where basically after a huge defeat in the civil war the union breaks down into a multi party state and also a leftist imperialist power, basically wanting to create an empire of equality while the confederacy expands to the south of them after buying the American colonies of the British and French, making these two powers constantly competing with each other cold war style. This election is really what begins this process. What do you all think?
I think it’s solid but I’m not sure Southern California would join the confederacy

I think it’s solid but I’m not sure Southern California would join the confederacy

The people there wanted to allow slaves as the territory of Colorado for a while actually, alot of local support but in this case it didnt matter, because of the overwhelming victories done by the helping British and French the confederacy got basically all the land they wanted from the US

Status
Not open for further replies.