Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In an incredible move, the government of Georgia has demilitarized the Georgia-Florida border in a sign of active rebellion against the Reagan regime."
-Free French News (Translated), 7/29/1988

"Are those Black Panthers marching with Floridan volunteers?"
"So this is how it ends."
-A conversation between citizens during the "Burning of Atlanta"

"With several Black Panther leaders, such as Ray West, Gregory Jaco, and Huey Newton, along with 'trusted' propagandists such as George Putnam openly rebelling against the Communist party, it became clear that the forces that brought Reagan into power (A strong propaganda machine and ties to the Black Panthers) would be the ones that tore him down"
-An English History passage about the Reagan regime.
rNm0Rkt.png

So This Is How It Ends:
Part One; Ronald Reagan

"In an incredible move, the government of Georgia has demilitarized the Georgia-Florida border in a sign of active rebellion against the Reagan regime."
-Free French News (Translated), 7/29/1988

"Are those Black Panthers marching with Floridan volunteers?"
"So this is how it ends."
-A conversation between citizens during the "Burning of Atlanta"

"With several Black Panther leaders, such as Ray West, Gregory Jaco, and Huey Newton, along with 'trusted' propagandists such as George Putnam openly rebelling against the Communist party, it became clear that the forces that brought Reagan into power (A strong propaganda machine and ties to the Black Panthers) would be the ones that tore him down"
-An English History passage about the Reagan regime.
rNm0Rkt.png

So This Is How It Ends:
Part One; Ronald Reagan
Looks very interesting

Not sure if here's where they belong but...

ffitAOv.png
V86rX4T.png
bcOQ6b2.png

The Kennedy-Pickle ticket had negative chemistry and Senator Wickham's conservatism appealed. Pickle was left scrambling to win back voters while alienating others in a time of great upheaval. Plus he was facing Senator Spaceman.
Oh, I simply meant to maybe include them on the wikiboxes

Idk if the maps are allowed here per se, but since they are in relation to a wikibox i'm sure they are

Not sure if here's where they belong but...

ffitAOv.png
V86rX4T.png
bcOQ6b2.png

The Kennedy-Pickle ticket had negative chemistry and Senator Wickham's conservatism appealed. Pickle was left scrambling to win back voters while alienating others in a time of great upheaval. Plus he was facing Senator Spaceman.
Red = Republican
Blue = Democrat or?

Deleted member 81475

What's the situation with Kennedy? Did he die on the campaign trail? After the election but before inauguration?

Kennedy is shot in December of 1980, shortly after the electors voted for the ticket - which is why, unlike 1872, the infobox doesn't say he won 0 (280 Elected)! It sparks some reform discussions because - hey, who becomes president if Pickle had also been shot?

Red = Republican
Blue = Democrat or?

Here I'm using red for Democrats and blue for Republicans.

A TL where Tony Benn challenges Neil Kinnock every year from 1988 and finally wins. I would put it down mainly due to the infighting hurting Labour in local elections, which starts to change the minds of the Trade Union's and the Parliamentary Labour Party.

Full Results

View attachment 432803

I'd imagine that the CLP and PLP numbers would be reversed. IIRC the CLPs were the bedrock of Bennism in the early 1980s.

I'd imagine that the CLP and PLP numbers would be reversed. IIRC the CLPs were the bedrock of Bennism in the early 1980s.
I have to admit I did know about that but When I took the image, I forgot to save the code and was unable to change it (without doing it again). It was a quick thing I made, so I felt it wasn't important.

A TL where Tony Benn challenges Neil Kinnock every year from 1988 and finally wins. I would put it down mainly due to the infighting hurting Labour in local elections, which starts to change the minds of the Trade Union's and the Parliamentary Labour Party.

Full Results

View attachment 432803

Benn was a busted flush from '83 onwards at least, if not the Healey challenge, and all repeated attempts at challenges are going to do is eventually result in him not being able to muster the nominations to stand. He got trounced in 1988 when even a lot of the left didn't want him to contest it, and when most of their interest was in the Prescott deputy leadership candidacy, as a means of influencing the direction of the party under Kinnock, not taking the party over.

The Art of Insurrection

Following the death of President Bronstein, Henry Wallace had proven to be likeable enough in the realms of re-election. But as it tends to, time wore on. The fallout that coated Niigata and Kitakyushu had been forgotten in the wake of a new proxy war in Korea, which Wallace, despite being a self-proclaimed Dove, had found himself dug down in. His nomination had caused the Democrats to splinter, the Dixiecrat ticket of Thurmond/Laney calling for a repeal of the civil rights acts of the 40s, and he barely survived renomination, being forced into removing his 'chaotically liberal' VP Glen H. Taylor in favor of Governor Kerr of Oklahoma. Things seemed doomed from the start.

Dewey, on the other hand, had succeeded Bronstein as governor of New York and had made his name being immensely tough on crime. Many had tried to draft him in earlier primaries, especially since his internationalist policies could've played off the stauch isolationism of Taft, but the Little Man knew he would live up to his nickname if he went against the giant of Bronstein. But as Wallace faltered and gaffed, Dewey, who was seen by comparison as endearing (full of platitudes), opportunistic and young (the presidency had aged the once-youthful Wallace into a husk) finally saw his opportunity and seized the nomination.

Reuther, a new entry, had been vocally critical of both the Bronstein and Wallace administrations, calling for aggressive deregulation of American manufacturing, as well as a construction of an American Superhighway. One noticeable moment of his campaign was when he accused Wallace of being in bed with the Soviet Union (in truth, Wallace was merely on good terms with the USSR, part of ongoing attempts to mediate peace), and called for intensified military intervention. His midway, factory-oriented and hawkish aspirations appealed to many blue collar and lower-class workers in the Southern States -- or, in terms of modern pundits, swung the election in Dewey's favor. Following the election, the American Workers Party, a thing of Reuther's own creation, would cling on in the form of a handful of state politicians but eventually dissipate by the early 70's.

tly51bM.png

* HCL is Jr., but I removed the 'Jr.' so the formatting wouldn't ruin itself.

I call this one Collapsing Electoral System.

Interesting series. As a minor quibble, Bryan wouldn't be able to receive votes during the 1904 contingent election, since only the top three EV winners go to the house. Otherwise, I like it. Are you thinking of continuing?

Interesting series. As a minor quibble, Bryan wouldn't be able to receive votes during the 1904 contingent election, since only the top three EV winners go to the house. Otherwise, I like it. Are you thinking of continuing?

I knew I would miss something! We can just assume that most of WJB's votes went to TR.

It's sort of a WIP of the first draft of the origin of a regional multi-party system idea I've been having.

President Presley
6sOb9iU.png

0rpUyxp.png

In this timeline after meeting Nixon Elvis decides to go into politics and eventually becomes governor of Tennessee and in 1980 wins the presidency.

(the second wiki box may not be correct popular vote and % wise.)

Status
Not open for further replies.