Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete Wilson is the best possible VP for DT other than Christie
"...And we're gonna build that Wall right Chris?"
*Christie whimpers, gives a face of a man who's soul has been crushed, and walks up to his podium*
"Yes, Mr. Trump"
*Walks away, with his head down*
Thanks, although Pete Wilson was unable to swing California many believe that his assist in Nevada and Arizona.
Bob Dole didn't want to play second fiddle.

OK, because I saw a painting and thought "that's exactly what he looks like", I was essentially forced to find paintings for the other three of them. Turned out pretty decent, I would say.

Anyway...

upload_2017-9-10_13-56-2.png

Out of all the Lagellian elections, the 1910 one would prove quite transformative. The main issue dominating the country was the incoming war in Hennodia and if Lagellania should join the war, or stay out of it. The incumbent president, William Royce, was steadfastly in favour of staying isolationist, arguing that the war was none of their business. Meanwhile, the maverick former President Jacob J. Valentine was becoming all things to all people. To the Teutonic-Lagellian people, he was promising to side with their old country. To the Narsenian-Lagellian people, he was perceived as promising to stay neutral. And to the many hawks [and of course the Gallican and Azalish immigrants] he was a belligerent man ready to go to war for their side.

The "two Democratic Parties, both alike in extremism", the southern-based right-wing Democratic Party and the urban-based left-wing Social Democrats, were both arguing non-interventionism for different reasons, the Democrats because "America shouldn't send young boys to die for other countries", the Social Democrats because it was an imperialist war. Their nominees Senator Hollis Johnston and Representative Myron Lundain were basically sticking to the party platform on this.

With the mood of the country being decidely against war, Royce sought to use Valentine's ambiguity on the issue as an attack point. Unfortunately, Valentine was quite charismatic and beloved by the people who refused to believe that he could disagree with them on this important matter. Thus he managed to keep his "all things to all people" status all the way up to October, where he cleaned up house.

The Progressives swept back to office that year, regaining the House [albeit with a shaky coalition with the SDP] and decidely winning the Senate. Valentine would later lead Lagellania into war on the United Powers side due to a combination of Azalaia calling in the considerable debt Lagellania owed to it as a result of the "Occidental Division" decades before and Teutonia sinking an Lagellian trade ship in 1913. He would win a landslide in 1914 on war fervour, but would end up the Progressives' last president as he was blamed for not getting what Lagellania was "owed" for the war.​

OK, because I saw a painting and thought "that's exactly what he looks like", I was essentially forced to find paintings for the other three of them. Turned out pretty decent, I would say.

Anyway...

View attachment 343354

Out of all the Lagellian elections, the 1910 one would prove quite transformative. The main issue dominating the country was the incoming war in Hennodia and if Lagellania should join the war, or stay out of it. The incumbent president, William Royce, was steadfastly in favour of staying isolationist, arguing that the war was none of their business. Meanwhile, the maverick former President Jacob J. Valentine was becoming all things to all people. To the Teutonic-Lagellian people, he was promising to side with their old country. To the Narsenian-Lagellian people, he was perceived as promising to stay neutral. And to the many hawks [and of course the Gallican and Azalish immigrants] he was a belligerent man ready to go to war for their side.

The "two Democratic Parties, both alike in extremism", the southern-based right-wing Democratic Party and the urban-based left-wing Social Democrats, were both arguing non-interventionism for different reasons, the Democrats because "America shouldn't send young boys to die for other countries", the Social Democrats because it was an imperialist war. Their nominees Senator Hollis Johnston and Representative Myron Lundain were basically sticking to the party platform on this.

With the mood of the country being decidely against war, Royce sought to use Valentine's ambiguity on the issue as an attack point. Unfortunately, Valentine was quite charismatic and beloved by the people who refused to believe that he could disagree with them on this important matter. Thus he managed to keep his "all things to all people" status all the way up to October, where he cleaned up house.

The Progressives swept back to office that year, regaining the House [albeit with a shaky coalition with the SDP] and decidely winning the Senate. Valentine would later lead Lagellania into war on the United Powers side due to a combination of Azalaia calling in the considerable debt Lagellania owed to it as a result of the "Occidental Division" decades before and Teutonia sinking an Lagellian trade ship in 1913. He would win a landslide in 1914 on war fervour, but would end up the Progressives' last president as he was blamed for not getting what Lagellania was "owed" for the war.​
Stole My idea, did you?

"If the Junta wants to make sure the Popular Vote doesn't matter - so be it! It only means that I will only run in the Electoral College vote."
~Manny Strauss

F3Shrw4.png

The New Granadan presidential election of 1988 was the first presidential election held in the Commonwealth of New Granada, the only New Granadan presidential election in which the victor was elected for a five-year, rather than a six-year, term, and the first election in New Granada conducted under the new Commonwealth Constitution. On June 1, voters elected a 669-member Electoral College by statewide Party-List Proportional Representation; the electors were forbidden from pledging to vote for any candidate. As only one candidate - Grand Marshal of the Republic Yehoash Vasilian - stood nominated on Nomination Day, a popular vote for President was not held. The college then elected the President on June 22.

The contest's outcome, the election of Grand Marshal Vasilian as President and of the former Navy Chief, Jean-François Cresson, as Vice-President, surprised no one, yet in the 21-day period between the Election and the Electoral College meeting, new candidates were nominated by the Electors - most notably among them, communist-era dissident Manny Strauss.

Last edited:
MOD EDIT

Current political post.

Deleted.

Member reminded that current politics (defined as anything that can not be discussed without using current politics as a touchstone) is NOT allowed in this thread.

There is a thread in Chat for this sort of Info Box. Please use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 343391

The 2016 United States general election was held on Tuesday November 8, to elect the members of the 58th United States Congress. At stake were all 435 seats to the House of Representatives. The Liberal Party of Prime Minister Hillary Clinton won the election, and with their coalition partner, the Social Democrats, announced their intention to continue their center-left government with Clinton as Prime Minister. Clinton's party also reached an agreement with the previously-main opposition party, the Conservatives, to be provided support on confidence votes, thereby enabling an anti-Trump alliance a majority in the House; the Conservative leadership conducted a ratification vote among their membership before the agreement was made final.​
I think you lost your way to the current politics thread.

View attachment 343394

The 2016 United States general election was held on Tuesday November 8, to elect the members of the 58th United States Congress. At stake were all 435 seats to the House of Representatives. The Liberal Party of Prime Minister Hillary Clinton won the election, and with their coalition partner, the Social Democrats, announced their intention to continue their center-left government with Clinton as Prime Minister. Clinton's party also reached an agreement with the previously-main opposition party, the Conservatives, to be provided support on confidence votes, thereby enabling an anti-Trump alliance a majority in the House; the Conservative leadership conducted a ratification vote among their membership before the agreement was made final.​

Current politics thread plox.

b93.png

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I think this is fine since this isn't a current American governing system, even if it includes current politicians.
No it isn't.

As a general reminder:

It has been a while, so I did not take a formal action against the member who posted. If this returns as an issue here I will have to resume taking actions.

Please don't force my hand here. I won't like having to do it and I presume y'all won't either.

No it isn't.

As a general reminder:

It has been a while, so I did not take a formal action against the member who posted. If this returns as an issue here I will have to resume taking actions.

Please don't force my hand here. I won't like having to do it and I presume y'all won't either.
Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification.

No it isn't.

As a general reminder:

Yikes; sorry, my bad. Thank you for clearing it up

Status
Not open for further replies.