Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what you've all been waiting for.
Also, thanks to @gap80 for all the help!

A More Perfect Union
The leadership elections in America are quite like the conventions of pre-Parliament America. In it only a certain amount of delegates get to vote on people. While some have attacked it as being undemocratic it has been in place for decades and it is unlikely to end now. Two parties would hold leadership elections due to retirements. The Conservatives and the Progressives. Sanders and McCain had both been serving as party leader since 2004 and had both entered parliament in 1984, and both had been endorsed by their party's leaders at the time, Jerry Brown for Sanders, and Clint Eastwood for McCain. It was an end of an era.

The Conservative campaign would only have three candidates, which was surprising due to older leadership elections with more candidates. The three candidates were Jeb Bush, Jeff Sessions, and Rand Paul. Bush would gain the endorsement of McCain, helping him in polls. Not only that, but his opponents campaigns both had problems, while Bush ran a safer campaign. Sessions had problems since his campaign was trying to gain support from some members of the party that had left to join the the Constitution Party. While Sessions tried to appeal to the more populist wing of the party, he was failing to gain moderate voters, although a few did in protest of Bush’s boring campaign. Meanwhile, Paul had a different problem. While Libertarians had a place in the conservative party since Eastwood’s successful 12 years in office, Paul’s dad, Ron, ran a campaign that many declared radical against McCain in 2008. Paul was making things harder by running to preserve Eastwood’s America, the same campaign that Ron ran on in 2008. Paul picked up more votes than his father, but images of his father hurt his campaign.

FSQ4rde2TpdCkAPq-2lbgVjbTYu5Ep4D4tMkJqC1wB6fG25PYR3XeoH1fobCja1ELOuT5k4DcyQupugUlDw6HCGz_HMY0-9kHnt6DCo1GiEYtgeE1JokrGo8v2r19jFimlIBPaVD

Meanwhile, the Progressive Party was having its leadership election, with more candidates. The election would have five, Elizabeth Warren, Al Franken, Kate Brown, Zephyr Teachout, and Ron Wyden. Warren was seen as the successor to Sanders, although Sanders never endorsed her. Meanwhile, Franken, the former comedian ran a humorous, yet competitive campaign. Wyden ran off his long years of experience in parliament. However, Franken’s campaign wasn’t taken seriously by many and Wyden was seen as too “establishment” for many. Then there was Brown and Teachout. While both ran as populist Progressives, both had problems with their campaigns. Teachout was seen to have a lack of experience, while Brown’s sexuality became a problem, as many felt it would be hard to win with Brown as the leader. Not only that, but they split each other's vote as the populist Progressives. In the end it was the former attorney general and long time MP that took the win.

8e4cZP9qpqV8IMDvFaiHvwwskJVSmGvEoZt96PEq4mt2zXb52zym8T2cOnoSxdLzJF51eMo4qApFhMrWeVTcXR2gVUPOojXIbBqZG-Tu6NuMpBr07KwIn0IA1MfSbx3XylEJ9p1x

The general election would be quite bad for the Conservatives. Bush ran a terrible campaign with bad debate performances. Not only that, but the economy still wasn’t that good, and the war in Cuba was becoming quite unpopular. Bush defended it, while Warren won voters by promising to end it. It became a year of Constitution Party growth due to Conservative failures. Indiana, Wyoming, and Louisiana all went grey due to endorsements by former/current governors of the states, such as Dick Cheney in Wyoming. Despite losing a referendum, the Texas Independence Party was still popular in Texas and managed to improve its popular vote, insuring future Independence referendums in Texas and perhaps other states. The Liberal Party also had some trouble, due to the state of Ohio, which had gone Liberal since 2004, becoming more Conservative. This lead to the state going Conservative, despite the party’s loss. In the end, the Progressives prevailed and some began to worry for the future of the Liberal Party, as other traditional Liberal states, like Pennsylvania or New Hampshire were also becoming more conservative.

c-nA0U2sZjlcFqnxmnSPBPi6SDBT-nLEpwW62WT_Xq2zRM3q5JRDG4qDpTNvL7QiKaAzDgHDTqxRZOSAPMc0tlOE7AoTxr1FSAYKUlR5t7sn58ye9TFL16LnAqpG7anXorNYE3Y1

P4_xNWtCyXbKmITjhPxkqUvaMXupKFBrFyuIAlcoKAXlB0ksTI79rBljUi4NK7LOSAU2qaOrQIGBc3wFwwv_JhOM8GzOCvxjacZxIurtiL3NPJad60t_bWUuz_VvOv4NFbLGwnab

vGgqPWhGs3ntMHh-sqCSPjtQ-ILwJz7ryhoJ6SdktX5Olq9vuxBC6KSJ3CBeInGmz-Q-9biD-afG0MIKvsjLDjXHtMQS2AdBbZz8JhCXJnMl2B9rPyBHe4EpAUExtNEr9dHdVMhp

(Sorry about the 2015 at the top, I’ll try to be more careful next time, but I’m not completely redoing the wikibox to change one thing.)

Last edited:
Considering I did mention that the more north you go in Bizzaro!Japan, the more Muslim will the local population be...

lRB0tmq.png

The Sultanate of Ezo was a short-lived Islamic state established in 1869 by a part of the former Tokugawa military in what is now known as Hokkaido, the large but sparsely populated, majority-Muslim and northernmost island in modern Japan. Ezo is notable for being the first government to attempt to institute democracy in Japan.

Considering I did mention that the more north you go in Bizzaro!Japan, the more Muslim will the local population be...

lRB0tmq.png

The Sultanate of Ezo was a short-lived Islamic state established in 1869 by a part of the former Tokugawa military in what is now known as Hokkaido, the large but sparsely populated, majority-Muslim and northernmost island in modern Japan. Ezo is notable for being the first government to attempt to institute democracy in Japan.

Sultan-Koo-Koo? Am I reading that Arabic name right?

While this is pretty interesting and I like the use of relatively obscure figures for the presidential election, the use of the distinctive "washed-out" Canadian party colors made me think this was a "Texas-in-Canada" (which I totally encourage someone out there to do) instead of this more unique scenario.

Also, the use of terms like "parliament" and "province" seem kind of out-of-place even with the shift towards a European-style parliamentary republic. It seems like Texas would use more *American/Confederate nomenclature like "congress" or "national assembly" for its legislature and "district" or "state" for its subdivisions.

I can kind of buy this, considering that Texas' lieutenant governor is in many ways more powerful than their governor even though their government structure is like every other state (except Nebraska with its unicameral legislature).

Honestly, this just might be a misstep in changing the description of France's government ("Unitary senatorial semi-presidential republic") to TTL Texas' ("Federal parliamentary semi-presidential republic").
Yeah I accidentally fucked up the description on the Wikibox because yes I used France's Wikibox as the template. :p Will change when back at the computer. The parliament and province thing actually comes from reading an older book about Texas history that compared Texas a lot to France in size, government, and other things and imagined the counties as provinces. That always stuck with me and I thought it'd be fun to do something with. I'll excuse it ITTL because Texas is weird enough to do something like that, haha. And yes, the bit about having a President who's more ceremonial/weak comes from the actual Texas government with the powerful Lt. Governor who I've heard compared before to parliamentary systems and France's system.
What is this Canadian Texas?
That's the idea, yes. Cuz why not?

Pete Wilson is the best possible VP for DT other than Christie
"...And we're gonna build that Wall right Chris?"
*Christie whimpers, gives a face of a man who's soul has been crushed, and walks up to his podium*
"Yes, Mr. Trump"
*Walks away, with his head down*
It's really a shame, before Bridgegate, the man looked quite promising.

It's really a shame, before Bridgegate, the man looked quite promising.

Eh, he was always going to be tarnished in the eyes of the GOP primary electorate for gratefully accepting President Obama's help after a hurricane devastated his state and he had so many skeletons in his closet by 2012 that Romney passed over him for VP despite reportedly being Romney's first pick. And Christie doesn't have Trump's carefully-crafted image of being a tough-talking outsider with business experience that he can fall back on to blow through all the scandals when they inevitably get brought up- despite his bullying shtick he's still a conventional politician who can be hurt by traditional political attacks.

So I wanted to make wikiboxes set in various fictional universes. For starters, here is one for King Arthur as he appears in T.H. White's The Once and Future King.

arthur.jpg

King Arthur, also known as Arthur Pendragon, Good King Arthur and The Once and Future King, was King of England from 1216 until his death. The son of King Uther the Conqueror and Igraine of Cornwall, Arthur assumed the throne when he was only 16 and fought off numerous threats to his rule. In 1282 he defeated the last rebel kings and took the title of King of Wales by right of conquest, along with the titles Lord of Ireland and Protector of Scotland.

Following these conflicts, Arthur ruled his kingdoms personally, rather than through senior ministers as Uther had. He traveled less than Uther had, establishing permanent royal residences at Carlisle, London, Caerleon, and most notably at Camelot. He married Guinever of Cameliard, with whom he had no children.

Arthur was well regarded as judicial reformer and patron of the arts, in addition to being a skilled military tactician. However, he was never able to fully reconcile the Celtic and Anglo-Saxon lords to his rule, and his inability to provide a legitimate heir cast uncertainty on his reign. After the exposure of his wife's infidelity, he went to war with the Kingdom of Ganis (modern Nouvelle-Aquitaine), during which he was usurped by his nephew and regent Prince Mordred of Orkney. In the ensuing conflict, both Arthur and Mordred were killed (by each other's hand, according to folklore). On his deathbed, Arthur willed his kingdoms to Count Constantine of Cornwall, a distant relative on his mother's side, who became King Constantine I of England and Wales. He was buried at Glastonbury Abbey, which he had long been a patron of, and per his wishes Queen Guenever was buried alongside him after her death as a symbol of reconciliation. Some miracles were declared after his death but he was not canonized.

King Arthur currently holds the records of both longest-reigning monarch (at 268 years) and longest verifiable human lifespan (at 284 years).

Eh, he was always going to be tarnished in the eyes of the GOP primary electorate for gratefully accepting President Obama's help after a hurricane devastated his state and he had so many skeletons in his closet by 2012 that Romney passed over him for VP despite reportedly being Romney's first pick. And Christie doesn't have Trump's carefully-crafted image of being a tough-talking outsider with business experience that he can fall back on to blow through all the scandals when they inevitably get brought up- despite his bullying shtick he's still a conventional politician who can be hurt by traditional political attacks.
That first point is part of why he looked promising, honestly. An ideologue who was able and willing to put ideology aside and cross the aisle when his constituents needed it? Awesome!

As for scandals...well, I said looked quite promising, not was quite promising..

So I wanted to make wikiboxes set in various fictional universes.
YES.

For starters, here is one for King Arthur as he appears in T.H. White's The Once and Future King.
That's a pretty excellent start.

Iraq is a U.S. State located in western Asia, bordered by the state of Kurdistan to the north, and the countries of Iran to the east, Kuwait to the southeast, Saudi Arabia to the south, the Arab Federation to the south, and Syria to the west. The capital and largest city is Baghdad. Iraq was admitted to the union in 1958 following the Arab Federation war, and along with Kurdistan is one of only two American states to be located in Asia and outside the western hemisphere. Iraq and Kurdistan are also the only two non-majority Christian states in the Union. Though one of the poorest states in the U.S, Iraq is relatively wealthy and stable for the region and illegal immigration is a prominent political issue in state politics, and presidential candidates who can appeal to the population with their policies on this issue are likely to carry the valuable swing state in the Electoral College - the state’s high population can make or break a candidacy.

I love this. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.