Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah.
I can see what you mean. And I agree.
The Malag nation has good potential to be a big naval power (like Britain was in OTL).

I can imagine Aquilonia could be Tellurus's Scandinavia, Serratar could contain some European-esque nations and Ozara could be like Africa. I'm probably thinking too far ahead and the ideas might need some work but it's fun to imagine. Do you have any thoughts?

I can imagine Aquilonia could be Tellurus's Scandinavia, Serratar could contain some European-esque nations and Ozara could be like Africa. I'm probably thinking too far ahead and the ideas might need some work but it's fun to imagine. Do you have any thoughts?
well Nifland and the Sea of Aschufe certainly would be important shipping lanes imo.

Any thoughts on the Tellurian equivalent to this?:
Map-of-human-migrations.jpg

Is this showing how humans spread through the world? If so then I'm not sure since we have to decide where humans (or whatever intelligent species) first evolved.

We could have a vote to decide which continent humanity starts on and see how it travels from there.

Is we assume similar evolution to us then we need a former forested region that became savannah and is close to large rivers or the coast. I'm assuming a forest ape ancestor with aquatic ape - savannah ape dynamics.

Is we assume similar evolution to us then we need a former forested region that became savannah and is close to large rivers or the coast. I'm assuming a forest ape ancestor with aquatic ape - savannah ape dynamics.
Id choose Ozara due to its size, similar climates, large lakes and how humans could cross over into Serratar by going up through Talamor and across the chain of islands that connect the two continents. If an ice age occurred that would lower the sea levels making it easier for humans to spread to other parts of the world, like Capricornia.

Id choose Ozara due to its size, similar climates, large lakes and how humans could cross over into Serratar by going up through Talamor and across the chain of islands that connect the two continents. If an ice age occurred that would lower the sea levels making it easier for humans to spread to other parts of the world, like Capricornia.
I was thinking Ozara too, either east or west of the lakes.
If east then you have a northern route going through s Talamor and across to Equatoria. The southern route splits into one to Malag and one circling into N Ozara. From N Ozara you can either go up into New Talamor and cross into Serratar via the Ezakonic Bridge like the Bering Straits, or cross the Ashufe into Rhodin. I suspect the Tavaric ocean will have later clockwise and anticlockwise routes.

However the alternate origins are:
Southern Rhodin - means early routes into Avarda and Central Serratar but affords routes into Ozara .
Southern Equatoria - routes west across the Lautian into west Capricornia and Serratar.
West Capricornia.

However the alternate origins are:
Southern Rhodin - means early routes into Avarda and Central Serratar but affords routes into Ozara .
Southern Equatoria - routes west across the Lautian into west Capricornia and Serratar.
West Capricornia.
Equatoria and Capricornia strike me as New World Continents where settlers from the other lands come to colonise.

Equatoria and Capricornia strike me as New World Continents where settlers from the other lands come to colonise.
While their names suggest no equivalently organised native civilisations during a colonial era they could still be where this humanity originated.
They do strike me as alternate Americas though. Immensely suitable for colonisation but lacking what was needed to produce colonisers themselves.

Sorry for the double posting.
I really like the direction of the discussion youre all having, its giving me lots of ideas. :p Also, feel free to ask me any questions about the world.

Last thing, is there anything in paticular related to this project you would like me to work on? What should i do once the elevation is finished?

Parallel of earth, but with different cultures/civilations.
this world/universe appears to have more fantastical elements like a habitable 'Venus' and two 'mars'. is there going to be maps of them as well? if you want I can design some weird looking creatures for these worlds (including Tellurus) if it fits the setting.