Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got a few ideas floating around regarding earthlike alien life too.
Plus I'm usually free to go into one of my rambling lectures on how to play with alien sex, alien evolution, etc etc.

this world/universe appears to have more fantastical elements like a habitable 'Venus' and two 'mars'. is there going to be maps of them as well? if you want I can design some weird looking creatures for these worlds (including Tellurus) if it fits the setting.
Yes, i do plan on mapping the rocky/icy planets and moons to some extent. Many of them (Aerethyc, Adrestia, Eirene and Nocturnus), definitely have some form of life, maybe even some of the icy planets/moons could have giant oceans under the ice.

Yes, i do plan on mapping the rocky/icy planets and moons to some extent. Many of them (Aerethyc, Adrestia, Eirene and Nocturnus), definitely have some form of life, maybe even some of the icy planets/moons could have giant oceans under the ice.
Would it be okay to have more fantastical creatures within the Tellurus system? I mean like Sandworms and dinosaurs or kraken on Aerehtyc and Tellurus?

Would it be okay to have more fantastical creatures within the Tellurus system? I mean like Sandworms and dinosaurs or kraken on Aerehtyc and Tellurus?
Tellurus will have realistic life, plus some extinct animals from real life. . Aerehtyc has life similar to plants and microbes but no animals. As for the other worlds, i havent considered that

Solar System updated with the rest of the Moons named, courtesy of Tangle. (some names were changed slightly or reversed)
solarsystem.png

My last post today, the first draft write-up of human evolution and the beginnings of the timeline of this world. For the most part it's the same as real life. What else should I add/change?

20 mya - 15 mya: Hominidae speciate from Hylobatidae (Lesser Apes)
13 mya: Hominidae speciate from Orangutans
10 mya: the lineage of Humans and the Pan genus (Chimpanzees and Bonobos) speciate from gorillas in Ozara
7 mya: Hominina speciates from the Pan genus. Last common ancestor, Sahelanthropus, lives in Central Ozara
5,600 kya: Ardipithecus (First of the Hominin genus) appears in Ozara
4,400 kya: Ardipithecus goes extinct. Australopithecines evolve.
3,500 kya - 3,300 kya: The first stone tools (Lower Paleolithic) appear alongside "Kenyathropus Platyops"
3 mya - 2 mya: Australopithecines evolve full Bipedalism, along with the loss of body hair.
2,800 kya: The genus Homo appears in Central Ozara, with sophisticated stone tools marking the beginning of the Paleolithic. "Homo Habilis" is the first to appear.
2,600 kya: The current Ice Age begins.
1,970 kya: The genus Australopithecus goes extinct.
1,800 kya:"Homo Erectus" evolves in Ozara, along with sub species "Ergaster" and "Heidelbergensis".
1,300 kya:"Homo Ergaster" goes extinct.
1,500 kya: "Homo Habilis" goes extinct. Control of fire is achieved at this time.
1,200 kya:"Homo Antecessor", the common ancestor of Modern Humans and Neanderthals, appears.
800 kya:"Homo Antecessor" goes extinct.
700 kya:"Homo Erectus" reaches Rhodin and Serratar
600 kya:"Homo Heidelbergensis" is present in southern Hatar. The Middle Paleolithic begins.
500 kya: Neanderthals and Denisovans diverge from one another
300 kya - 200 kya :Homo sapiens (Modern Man) appear in Ozara
250 kya: The Man(Adam) that all current people share DNA with is alive during this time.
200 kya:"Homo Heidelbergensis" goes extinct.
200 kya - 100 kya: The Woman(Eve) that all current people share DNA with is alive during this time.
170 kya: Clothing exists by this point.
160 kya: Mankind has death rituals at this point. The possible beginning of behavioral and anatomical modernity.
140 kya:"Homo Erectus" goes extinct.
110 kya: The last Glacial period begins.
100 kya - 50 kya: Modern man leaves Ozara to spread to other continents
75 kya: A supervolcano eruption in Equatoria almost destroys the Human race.
70 kya: Earliest abstract/symbolic art
64 kya: Bow and Arrow are invented in Ozara.
50 kya: Behavioral modernity is concrete at this point. The Upper Paleolithic begins
42 kya: Evidence of Flutes and Deep-sea fishing exist at this point
40 kya: Modern humans reach Capricornia
40 kya: Oldest cave paintings.
40 kya - 25 kya: Neanderthals go extinct by unknown reasons, Modern Man is (mostly?) left alone in the world.
30 kya: Oldest example of cremation.
29 kya: Oldest "Oven".
28 kya: Oldest "Rope".
28 kya - 24 kya: Oldest figurines.
23 kya: Last Glacial Maximum.
24 kya - 14 kya: Humans reach Equatoria.
20 kya - 10 kya: Mesolithic begins.
20 kya: Oldest pottery in Serica.
15 kya: "Coelodonta antiquitatis(Wooly Rhinos)" go extinct in Serratar.
15 kya: Dogs are domesticated.
15 kya - 10 kya: Pigs, Goats and Sheep are domesticated.
12 kya: Holocene Period begins and Pleistocene ends.
11,700 bc: The last Glacial period ends.
11,000 bc : Oldest ceremonial structures in Lotana
11,000 bc : Giant Ground Sloths and Short faced Bears become endangered species.
10,500 bc: Cattle are domesticated.
10 kya: The glacier around the world begin to recde, rising the sea level
10,000 bc : Most megafuana are extinct or endangered at this point.
10,000 kya - 9,000 kya: Cultivation of Wheat and Barley begins, start of Agriculture.
8,000 bc : Sea level rise slows down at this time.
5,500 bc : Copper smelting "Chalcolithic" begins in southern Hatar.
5,400 bc: The Savannas of Northern Ozara fully desertify by this time.
4,000 kya: Horses and Chickens are domesticated.
3,900 kya: An intense aridifaction event in Ozara and Serratar causes giant migrations.
3,300 kya: Bronzeworking begins in souther Hatar.
3,200 kya: Writing is invented and "recorded history" begins.

One thing that I would mention is that the lack of a polar continent means that glacial-interglacial cycles are unlikely.
This means that climate would be steady over 1000kyears rather than the 10-100kyears of OTL current era. No ice ages essentially unless solar output varied more with respect to our sun.

As a bonus it does allow for a far longer migration period of hominids and thus the existence of actual races of human rather than our current mere varieties. Of course the extra supervolcano event may help cut this down. A bad one does allow for cooling and you can get a single ice age approximating what we thought in Victorian times we'd had.

I had it in mind that Aquilonia was recently over the north pole and had an ice sheet. Whether or not that could last until modern man's evolution, im not sure. Maybe a worse supervolcano?

One thing that I would mention is that the lack of a polar continent means that glacial-interglacial cycles are unlikely.
This means that climate would be steady over 1000kyears rather than the 10-100kyears of OTL current era. No ice ages essentially unless solar output varied more with respect to our sun.

As a bonus it does allow for a far longer migration period of hominids and thus the existence of actual races of human rather than our current mere varieties. Of course the extra supervolcano event may help cut this down. A bad one does allow for cooling and you can get a single ice age approximating what we thought in Victorian times we'd had.
Also, a third of the Arctic circle is land, either Aquilonia or northern Serrstar (which reaches the north pole)

Ive been thinking about planet names again. If you're not using Cythera or Aphrodite for your not-Venus then perhaps Aprilis (= of Venus) or Apr(i)a?
Mercury/Hermes has quite a few other names and titles to choose from.

Still working on paleogeography, jumping to random dates and filling in the gaps. Here's 350 mya (Carboniferous period), gaps will be filled at 50 mya intervals, except for the Precambrian.
Tellurus Carboniferous.png