OTL Map Thread Mk IV., 2014-

After countless hours correcting borders, updating coastlines, and recoloring countries, I present to you...
Hadaril's Updated OTL Worlda Maps

The majority of my time was spent updating a lot of the older OTL maps to the current blank Worlda, which meant fixing coastlines and fixing country fills accordingly. Additionally, the maps for 1000, 1115, and 1200 got a face-lift by updating them to the current version of the Ancient RCS color scheme. On top of that, the 1500 and 1650 maps were completely redone, as they were in dire need of repair (Wrong Worlda blank map, HRE borders were extremely distorted, especially the french/HRE border and those of Bohemia and Austria) - if you notice any flaws with the new editions, please, please, please let me know. Without further ado, here are the maps.
Note: I was not able to fully update every Worlda map in existence - some were simply too far gone (anyone else remember when we used rectangular base maps? Truly a barbaric era...)

Credit to all the amazing cartographers out there who have been dedicated to expanding and improving these Worlda maps for years upon years.

Great! these should be added to the wiki.

After countless hours correcting borders, updating coastlines, and recoloring countries, I present to you...
Hadaril's Updated OTL Worlda Maps

The majority of my time was spent updating a lot of the older OTL maps to the current blank Worlda, which meant fixing coastlines and fixing country fills accordingly. Additionally, the maps for 1000, 1115, and 1200 got a face-lift by updating them to the current version of the Ancient RCS color scheme. On top of that, the 1500 and 1650 maps were completely redone, as they were in dire need of repair (Wrong Worlda blank map, HRE borders were extremely distorted, especially the french/HRE border and those of Bohemia and Austria) - if you notice any flaws with the new editions, please, please, please let me know. Without further ado, here are the maps.
Note: I was not able to fully update every Worlda map in existence - some were simply too far gone (anyone else remember when we used rectangular base maps? Truly a barbaric era...)
Thanks for including my 1861 map!

You are our saviour and the saviour of map games, @hadaril ! @Fenrir_Angerboda , @Ellie , @Upvoteanthology , @Baconheimer , @AltFuture , @CannedTech , @Falkanner , @AK47Productions , @Lalli , @Whiteshore , you shall immediately learn of this great deed! @hadaril , I revere you for this!

Is there any chance of an updated 1838 map (or generally, an updated OTL worlda map between 1815 and 1861?)
Or of a 1783 map?
Huh? I mean, hadaril did a really good job, but I haven't been in a map game in like two years. :p

You are our saviour and the saviour of map games, @hadaril ! @Fenrir_Angerboda , @Ellie , @Upvoteanthology , @Baconheimer , @AltFuture , @CannedTech , @Falkanner , @AK47Productions , @Lalli , @Whiteshore , you shall immediately learn of this great deed! @hadaril , I revere you for this!

Is there any chance of an updated 1838 map (or generally, an updated OTL worlda map between 1815 and 1861?)
Or of a 1783 map?
I'm not sure if this is the one you're looking for (I don't know what you mean by "updated"), but here's 1838:
fetch.php

More can be found here.

I finished editing the Wiki's base map section; it was annoying me to no end how much of a mess that place was :p. I seperated the older map series from the newer ones, as well as reorganize + expand the list of current base maps to better clarify what the forums are actively using in the present day. Thank you all for the kind words; I feel really humbled. What I did was nothing compared to the authors who actually created these from scratch - I just needed to fix coasts, a few borders here and there, and some colors.

@theminer2020, That 1838 map is one of the realllly old worlda's - so much so that it would be a lot of work to fix that one up; what's annoying about those is the use of the "polka dot" colors for colonized territory; additionally, it looks like that one is built on one of one of the oldest worlda editions, meaning that coastlines are wildly inconsistent with more recent maps.

I'm going to start working on a 1300 worlda tomorrow, and a 1848 one after that. If anyone wants to make a 1700 AD map, or a 1783 map, that would fill in a lot of the big time gaps.