OTL Map Thread Mk IV., 2014-

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by SaveAtlacamani, Jun 29, 2014.

1. hadaril Imperial Cartographer of the Holy Roman Empire

I finished editing the Wiki's base map section; it was annoying me to no end how much of a mess that place was :p. I seperated the older map series from the newer ones, as well as reorganize + expand the list of current base maps to better clarify what the forums are actively using in the present day. Thank you all for the kind words; I feel really humbled. What I did was nothing compared to the authors who actually created these from scratch - I just needed to fix coasts, a few borders here and there, and some colors.

@theminer2020, That 1838 map is one of the realllly old worlda's - so much so that it would be a lot of work to fix that one up; what's annoying about those is the use of the "polka dot" colors for colonized territory; additionally, it looks like that one is built on one of one of the oldest worlda editions, meaning that coastlines are wildly inconsistent with more recent maps.

Armot and CtrlAltHistory like this.
  2. SaveAtlacamani Atlacamani Conservationist Donor

@hadaril : And a new wiki update! Finally!

How could you, or we as a collective, do something about the lack of updated Worlda maps from 1815 to 1861 - and what about 1783?

3. hadaril Imperial Cartographer of the Holy Roman Empire

I'm going to start working on a 1300 worlda tomorrow, and a 1848 one after that. If anyone wants to make a 1700 AD map, or a 1783 map, that would fill in a lot of the big time gaps.

4. Albidoom Fuzzy Thing

Technically not a map, but this evolutionary tree of religions is still interesting.

uqnaoxyodypqn2.jpg

5. Tanystropheus42 permanently sleep deprived

wtw likes this.
  6. HatKirby Well-Known Member

wtw and rexnerdorum like this.
  7. SaveAtlacamani Atlacamani Conservationist Donor

Louisiana's law sounds to me like it could come from a Shari'a-enforcing kingdom/emirate of the Middle East more than Louisiana...

Blind likes this.
  8. HatKirby Well-Known Member

Most of them

9. CannedTech Antifa is my city Donor

The Maine one makes the most sense to me tbh. There's like a gorillion Dunkin Donuts there.

10. CtrlAltHistory Please, call me Control.

Why is Mormonism derived from Judaism and not Christianity...?

Based Mississippi needs no laws.

11. ToixStory Witch of Halloween Donor

I feel like there has to be some sort of weird beef between Tennessee and Connecticut, since in Tennessee it's only legal to shoot an animal from your car if that animal is a while, while shooting whales from your car in Connecticut is specifically illegal.

CtrlAltHistory likes this.
  12. ToixStory Witch of Halloween Donor

There's a faint line coming from Christianity as well that connects Judaism and Christianity to Mormonism, since a good chunk of Mormonism does take things from Judaism (like, IIRC, the tribes of Israel and all).

13. VT45 Cartographer Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

The postcodes of Greater London. I'm working on cleaning up the borders a bit and centring the codes themselves a bit more so we can hopefully end up with a map where you have very few instances of codes overlapping borders, but I figured it was now finished enough to post here and have people be able to use it.

14. Chris S Member

Mormonism is shown as being derived from Christianity, not Judaism. The line originates from Christianity but for the purposes of the image they don't have the line overlay the Judaism symbol (for purposes of clarity I'm assuming)

15. Chris S Member

Well if you see a living whale in Tennessee that isn't being transported in some kind of massive tank or by air, then it's probably some kind of monster walking whale like out of a bad scifi movie and shooting it should be mandatory, not just merely not illegal.

KorgusCyborgus likes this.
  16. HatKirby Well-Known Member

Clearly you've never heard of the famous Tennessee whales.

LouisTheGreyFox and Chris S like this.
  17. Albidoom Fuzzy Thing

How could he? It was legal to shoot them so they went extinct decades ago.

Chris S and HatKirby like this.
  18. KorgusCyborgus Well-Known Member

19. wtw Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mapsontheweb:

Authoritarian regimes currently supported by the United States by when the U.S. began supporting them

20. Ashtagon Very Well-Known Member

Not sure why Malta has a mountain overlay in that map. Its highest point is 253 metres.

wtw likes this.