OTL Map Thread Mk IV., 2014-

Why is Mormonism derived from Judaism and not Christianity...?

tumblr_ot9huxMz2G1svtp5bo1_1280.png

Based Mississippi needs no laws.

The map itself is terrible (blobby, badly drawn, the states are little more than vague shapes, no Great Lakes ect, ect), but the unusual driving laws presented on it are pure gold;

tumblr_ot9huxMz2G1svtp5bo1_1280.png

Found here; https://maptitude1.tumblr.com/post/164233354547/weird-driving-laws-in-each-us-state
I feel like there has to be some sort of weird beef between Tennessee and Connecticut, since in Tennessee it's only legal to shoot an animal from your car if that animal is a while, while shooting whales from your car in Connecticut is specifically illegal.

VT45

Banned
ycc0QqN.png

The postcodes of Greater London. I'm working on cleaning up the borders a bit and centring the codes themselves a bit more so we can hopefully end up with a map where you have very few instances of codes overlapping borders, but I figured it was now finished enough to post here and have people be able to use it.

Why is Mormonism derived from Judaism and not Christianity...?

Mormonism is shown as being derived from Christianity, not Judaism. The line originates from Christianity but for the purposes of the image they don't have the line overlay the Judaism symbol (for purposes of clarity I'm assuming)

I feel like there has to be some sort of weird beef between Tennessee and Connecticut, since in Tennessee it's only legal to shoot an animal from your car if that animal is a whale, while shooting whales from your car in Connecticut is specifically illegal.

Well if you see a living whale in Tennessee that isn't being transported in some kind of massive tank or by air, then it's probably some kind of monster walking whale like out of a bad scifi movie and shooting it should be mandatory, not just merely not illegal.

Well if you see a living whale in Tennessee that isn't being transported in some kind of massive tank or by air, then it's probably some kind of monster walking whale like out of a bad scifi movie and shooting it should be mandatory, not just merely not illegal.
Clearly you've never heard of the famous Tennessee whales.

VT45

Banned
They're two different shades of blue. The blue in Wales is the Welsh language, and the blue in Scotland is the Scots language.

They're two different shades of blue. The blue in Wales is the Welsh language, and the blue in Scotland is the Scots language.

It's not a great colour scheme then, what with Welsh being significantly less clear despite being significantly more spoken. Also, how are you even defining Scots? It's not a very cohesive thing as far as everyday speech goes.

Languages of the British Isles and the Channel Islands.
0BfMuKR.png
is Gaelic really that prevalent in Ireland? The majority seems to be green-majority striped. Rather more than I expected, though I suppose that those areas are mostly the countryside and spots far from English and Scottish colonies anyways. Almost ominous how pink the Highlands are, though Lowland Scots and Highlander Chiefs are more to blame for the depopulation of the area than the English.

VT45

Banned
Hey, they're both that way in the UCS.

As for Scots, I'm using the demographic data found on Wikipedia, coming directly from the 2011 census data. So basically it's defined by whether or not people say they speak Scots or English.

It's not a great colour scheme then, what with Welsh being significantly less clear despite being significantly more spoken. Also, how are you even defining Scots? It's not a very cohesive thing as far as everyday speech goes.
Aaaah, right. Scots of the Lowlanders if Germanic, while the Highlanders spoke Gaelic Scots. I would be surprised if the first Scots was still around, given how it had centuries to integrate into British English.