Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asami

Banned
Despite its creator describing it as self-congratulatory, an attentionspan election is pretty damn original.

Almost makes me want to make my own. The Shield of Liberty Party suffers a catastrophic loss to the Coalition of Retail Employment and Computer Science Education political organization.

The Classical Malay Wikipedia didn't get this Memo.

Article 3 of the 1957 Malayan Constitution (As Amended by the Malaysia Act) said:
3. Declaration of Principles
(1) The Federation is a republic. Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them...

Or This One.

Article 2 of the 1973 Malaysian Constitution said:
2. Republic
Malaysia is a republic. Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them.

Or This One.

Article 1 of the 1987 Malaysian Constitution said:
1. Name and Principles of the Federation
...(2) The Federation is a democratic republic. Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them...

vQolmpc.png

BTW, Classical Malay and New Malay:

wWe9vZf.png

vCLliqK.png

My Hovercraft is Full of Eels in Standard Classical Malay said:
Hoverkraf saya penuh dengan belut

My Hovercraft is Full of Eels in Standard New Malay said:
Ang Hoberkrap sayang Punoh ng Belut

My Hovercraft is Full of Eels in Tagalog/Filipino said:
Puno ng palos ang aking hoberkrap

Last edited:
There was literally a poster whose infoboxes were of changes that miniscule, so I think your parody flew over our collective head...
The 1989 Soviet elections were pretty pointless, all things considered. I was joking about how lots of election wikiboxes aren't super exciting.

Just a challenge for some of you; make a 2016 box with Kaine, Pence and Weld as their respective parties' nominees. (Also known as the more decent candidates election.)

Cross-posting from the American Politics thread:

"Well, I thought, they got Trump, we needed someone like that." - Democratic Primary Voter

"Well, I voted Trump last time, but he didn't get the Wall built and I lost my job, so I'm voting Democratic this time!" - Factory worker in Ohio

"We've literally nominated sitting Ohio Senator Rob Portman and sitting governor of Alaska Bill Walker. Surely we can get over 5% this time!" - Libertarian Party official.

"Death to the capital class! Viva la revolucion!" - Opening lines of the 2020 Green Party platform

"To those listening, please, don’t stay home in November. Stand and speak and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to protect the average American." - Defeated Democratic Primary candidate Elizabeth Warren, refusing to endorse the ticket in her convention speech.

"This is ridiculous, OK? I, mean, there's no way? I'm so much better. I'm great, look at all the jobs I've created. I've created 10,000 new jobs at the unemployment office, it's great, full benefits. And ISIS, they're on the run, my opponent, he said they'd be bordering that Mediterranean, Persian Gulf, and Caspian, and guess what? Guess what? They aren't bordering the Caspian! They're not, look at the maps, I have the best maps, and they don't show ISIS bordering the Caspian. I've been the best president, with the hottest first lady, ever. Everyone tells me so, all the experts." - President Trump

"My net worth's higher. I'm younger. I'm better looking. My wife's hotter. I'm better endowed. And I'm going to beat Donald Trump this November!" - the Democratic nominee in the televised debate

"Fuck you!" - Donald Trump's nationally televised response in the debate

"I voted for Sanders in 2016, then Trump. But now Trump's been president so long, he's become an Establishment Neoliberal shill. So that's why I'm voting for the Democratic ticket." - reddit user

"Trump's a cuck now." - 4chan user.

"I said Trump would be the Republican Carter and we'd get a Democratic Reagan in 2020. I just... I didn't expect it to be like this." - AH.com user

presidentcuban-png.282513

Oh God, Mark Cuban. The guy loves Ayn Rand. Truly it is a dystopia.
"People keep asking me who's the lesser evil. We have a fascist on one side saying 'Death to all minorities, regardless of how much they're worth.' And on the other, an objectivist saying 'Death to the poor, no matter their race!' How can I vote? That's why I'm still independent. That's why I'm staying home." - Senator Bernie Sanders, 2020

So I was thinking about what the worst case scenario would be for the presidential election, and I came up with this. The POD here is that Mitt Romney endorses Gary Johnson. The strength of Romney’s endorsement causes other establishment Republicans to follow, and Johnson quickly gains in the polls, allowing him to win a spot in the debates. While the race remains a Trump-Clinton showdown, Johnson is able to hover around 20% or so in the polls. Continued problems from the Clinton campaign, including an “October Surprise” leak courtesy of WikiLeaks, means that the Democrats are unable to take advantage of Johnson’s strength (and the likelihood that he’d split the Republican vote), and the race remains too close to call. On Election Day, no candidate wins a majority in the Electoral College, though Clinton has the lead; Trump wins the popular vote somewhat narrowly, while Johnson wins a handful of states out west. With congress deadlocked, things do not go well afterwards, with protests erupting from both sides. In the months leading up to the congressional vote for President, Trump’s campaign lurches from controversy to controversy, including greater revelations about his association with Vladimir Putin. Ultimately, these controversies prove to be the last straw for congressional Republicans who, having a third-option on the table, opt to elect Gary Johnson. Johnson is able to win a majority of state delegations, and is elected President; in the Senate, meanwhile, Mike Pence is elected Vice President far more easily. (Updated 05/08/2016 with cleaned up infobox)

U23IQgP.png

To say the least, Trump supporters and a large portion of the Republican base in general do not take Congress’ decision well, pointing to Trump’s popularity (in the party, at least), his win in the popular vote, and so forth. Mass protests and rioting quickly begins, and doesn’t really go away quickly. Trump himself seems to encourage this, eviscerating the Republican establishment and having his followers walkout of the party, and in early 2018 Trump forms the American Party, which quickly gains a large foothold in congress thanks to pro-Trump Republicans switching over. Paul Ryan is assassinated by a pro-Trump supporter in mid-2018, leaving the already hapless Republicans (facing an exodus of members to either the Libertarians or the American Party) with a leadership void. Pence quickly becomes the party’s de-facto leader, distancing himself from the Johnson administration (despite the two initially working relatively well together), though his lack of popularity and association with the Johnson administration fails to inspire the public. In the 2018 midterms, the Democrats win control of both Chambers of Congress, with both the Libertarians and the American Party (the latter in particular) experiencing large gains as the Republicans plunge.

As 2020 approaches, Trump has made it clear that he will be running for President yet again, and polls routinely show him in the lead. The nation is in political chaos, with continual riots, and the clear cause of most of this was congress’ choice in 2016. Trump argues that he was cheated out of the election, and a lot of people agree (despite the large amount of baggage he has as a result of his post-2016 actions). Trump is further helped by his opposition being split three ways, with both Johnson and Democratic nominee Cory Booker both routinely polling in the high-20s/low-30s. Mike Pence runs as the Republican nominee, hoping to unite the pre-2016 Republican Party, portraying himself as a Trump-friendly, establishment-backed candidate, though this strategy ultimately fails: Trump supporters don’t want to vote for Pence over Trump, many establishment Republicans are angry about Pence’s past support for Trump, and many other voters find his increasingly harsh attacks on the Johnson administration hypocritical given his association with it. As a result, Pence routinely finds himself struggling in the low double digits, with most of his support coming from anti-Trump evangelicals.

With Trump consistently in the lead as a result of a split-opposition, Johnson and Booker ultimately come to a “stop Trump” agreement: Booker will drop out of the race and become Johnson’s running-mate, with the two promising an effective “co-presidency.” While the move is supported by the majority of both parties, left-wing Democrats do not take the announcement well, and left-wing Hawaii Representative Tulsi Gabbard soon announces her independent candidacy for the White House in protest. The Greens, seeing an opening, effectively offer her their nomination, and in return she names past Green nominee Jill Stein as her running mate. Though the Johnson/Booker ticket quickly jumps into a close race with Trump (and his running mate, Texas Senator Katrina Pierson, most notable for defeating Ted Cruz in 2018), Trump’s campaign resonates with a lot of the country, who feel that he can put a stop to the domestic violence that has plagued the country over the previous four years and who feel that the election was stolen from him in 2016. This, combined with Gabbard (and Pence to a lesser extent) splitting the anti-Trump vote, means Trump is elected President.

wl2obdS.png

I hadn't planned it any further, but my guess would be a war (civil or otherwise) would be on its way after this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.