WorldRaj tribute thread

Borneo & the Celebes (Aurantiacus)

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
1654470793693.png

WIP

Really impressive work, but I think that the Merle people live north of where you have them, and the Kisii people should probably with the Luhya be part of the Great Lakes grouping.

As for what to call your polity, how about Luoland?

Also, why are some Maasai areas included and not others?
I was mostly eyeballing the Organised Areas in modern South Sudan. Thanks for pointing those issues out, I'll fix them later. Luoland sounds like a nice name, though it would only make sense if the capital of the Presidency was placed in the area; it probably would be. As for your latter point, that's because this is using the former borders of Uganda from before its eastern section was transfered to Kenya in 1902. Like most African borders, it was a very strange boundary, so it didn't line up with native territories at all. I might amend it later to include the rest of the Maasai areas, though.

This looks great and very similar to the style of the original, good work.

With the King/Queen of the United Kingdoms ruling so many Crowns in Europe, I imagine that most of the Crowns would have a Viceroy/Governor-General like position that will serve as the representative of the monarch in that area.

Here is the most recent version of my contribution:

my contribution to the WorldRaj map 2.png

Again, please submit constructive criticism and suggestions.

I hope it's clear where the free cities I've added are located.

IOTL there were many Mennonites in western Virginia. Perhaps they could be featured here. Additionally, the early Shires of Virginia look interesting and could be used.

1634_Virginia_Counties-_Henrico_Focus.jpg
Sadly, my mapping skills aren't awesome enough to be able to adequately translate those onto the map properly. :(

Is there a Qbam basemap with those on it?

Sadly, my mapping skills aren't awesome enough to be able to adequately translate those onto the map properly. :(

Is there a Qbam basemap with those on it?
There isn't anything wrong with your mapping skills, its a confidence thing & judging by what I've seen, once you ARE confident we all better watch out.
Yeah, that would definitely be fun. There could also be some other White Rajs in Asia and Africa.
Stamford Raffles, Cecil Rhodes anyone?

So what's the deal with Cambodia, Florida, and Pennsylvania having special religious privileges? And are we limiting it to Abrahamic faiths or would any major religious site have these privileges? If it's the latter there should probably be some sites in India.

Portugal (Atzyn)
Noticed Portugal wasn't labeled in the original, so here it is. Mostly the same, but with the addition of Olivenza. The Señorío (Manor) of Zamora is owned by the Kingdom of Galicia. The Kingdom of Portugal, Galicia and the Algarves:
portuggg.png

Labeled:
portugilabels.png

So what's the deal with Cambodia, Florida, and Pennsylvania having special religious privileges? And are we limiting it to Abrahamic faiths or would any major religious site have these privileges? If it's the latter there should probably be some sites in India.
For Florida, I admit that I didn't have anything in particular in mind. I am more than happy to change it for the next version.

I had the "Gullah Strip" along the coast of Georgia and South Carolina as the "religious autonomy", since I couldn't think of anything else that was more suitable.

As for Pennsylvania - that's Amish country, so I just went with that.

Should federal kingdoms (well, really, so far mostly just portugal) have sub-colonies of their own, or would these just be like other parts of the worldraj?

Comoros Agency (Atzyn)
Here's a smaller one, the Comoros Agency:
comoru.png

Labeled:
comrr.png

The Dueling Sultanates of Grand Comore are under an HRE-type system, with a grand sultan of the whole island. This title used to be won via warfare (hence the "Dueling" in Dueling Sultanates) but the title is now purely ceremonial and is won via a fencing tournament between the island's sultans.

We are not limiting it to Abrahamic, I'm still working with India but if you know some religious areas that would speed things up.

Noticed Portugal wasn't labeled in the original, so here it is. Mostly the same, but with the addition of Olivenza. The Señorío (Manor) of Zamora is owned by the Kingdom of Galicia. The Kingdom of Portugal, Galicia and the Algarves:
View attachment 747883
Labeled:
View attachment 747884
Beautiful
Here's a smaller one, the Comoros Agency:
View attachment 747907
Labeled:
View attachment 747908
The Dueling Sultanates of Grand Comore are under an HRE-type system, with a grand sultan of the whole island. This title used to be won via warfare (hence the "Dueling" in Dueling Sultanates) but the title is now purely ceremonial and is won via a fencing tournament between the island's sultans.
Is this one of the White Raja states?
Should federal kingdoms (well, really, so far mostly just portugal) have sub-colonies of their own, or would these just be like other parts of the worldraj?
Sounds like a good idea- do you have any idea how to represent them on the map?
@TheBeanieBaron do you have any ideas when Portugal became a Federal Kingdom? I think only colonies established by that time should be considered Portuguese.