WorldRaj tribute thread

in awe at the flag, ocean and page graphics. how did u even do those? no wonder ur maps are always so crisp thats some real graphic design skill. if i wasnt perpetually penniless id think about asking to commission a thing or two.

in awe at the flag, ocean and page graphics. how did u even do those? no wonder ur maps are always so crisp thats some real graphic design skill. if i wasnt perpetually penniless id think about asking to commission a thing or two.
There's readily available Q-BAM bathygraphic assets in the main thread, if you're wondering. Helps to add an extra touch of detail to Q-BAMs.

Like @shearsforest said.
To create them find an original, size it, shape it and overlay.
I work with multiple copies of the original map so that I can adjust colours etc and then transfer details back to the main map without losing the colour palette.
It helps to have a prog where you can play with the colour palette, I use I.Mage , its not easy to find and old enough that it no longer has backup; https://i-mage.en.softonic.com/ but the ability to move/adjust colours to affect the entire map is ideal for what I want.
My secondary systems are Glimpse [the update of GIMP] which is ideal for re-sizing/reshaping and also has opacity controls [this allows you to make subtle effects, overlay real maps [having reshaped them to match your basemap] so real borders can be located - a VERY basic sort of QGIS that I prefer]; https://glimpse-editor.org/

and good old paint [NOT paint.net - cant get on with that]

a basic qgis? 👀 will have to check it out because i find qgis rather brain melty. resizing and reshaping too because i have tried before but with paint.net and (i think) it only has squash/skew and rotate for that.

P10.png

Oh his latest post he said he was active under a different username, hopefully he continues this stuff under that username at some point. Assuming hes cool with revealing its the same guy of course
I recall now him mentioning that but told me a hint about what the name was and not to tell anyone if I figured it out, and then I was like "Hmm...." and have been stuck at that point ever since.

I recall now him mentioning that but told me a hint about what the name was and not to tell anyone if I figured it out, and then I was like "Hmm...." and have been stuck at that point ever since.
Oh his latest post he said he was active under a different username, hopefully he continues this stuff under that username at some point. Assuming hes cool with revealing its the same guy of course
I haven't seen him on deviantart either, where he was also posting. Hope he comes back

Actually they are - some people do have multiple accounts and use them for legitimate reasons.

It's people who have been kicked coming back and causing trouble by using sockpuppets that's frowned upon.

Not just "frowned upon"; using a sock puppet to get around a kick or a ban is one of the eight offenses that result in an automatic ban.

Not just "frowned upon"; using a sock puppet to get around a kick or a ban is one of the eight offenses that result in an automatic ban.
If you're not kicked or banned, is what we're talking about. Bob Hope just left his public alias insofar as I understand the situation, I'm not able to observe how he interacts under his new username so I couldn't elaborate on how he's carrying himself but he wasn't/ isn't in trouble so him using a new name isn't an offense (and if it is wtf that's just weird but I don't think it is a rule)