WorldRaj tribute thread

I would like to see some native American protectorate states included in our thinking.
Along the lines of The Two Georges by Turtledove

By all means :) this is a collaboration after all.
Thanks.
Happy to bounce some ideas around if you want? Had some thoughts about the Mid-Atlantic and southern states too...
Fire away. I am currently in the process of redoing my map, anyway. I wasn't that happy with it.

BTW - I did include the Lenape on my original map. It was that orange-y blob in eastern Pennsylvania. I will make a few changes for the next version.

Upper Nile Presidency (Atzyn)
Next up, the Upper Nile Presidency (not too happy with this name but couldn't come up with anything else):
ugprez.png

Labels:
ugprezlabels.png

Districts are less autonomous but have more political organisation, Organised Areas have very loose central authority and de facto more autonomy, and Abayudaya is a district populated by the eponymous Jewish ethnic group in Uganda, which has full autonomy concerning religious matters.

Anyway, version three. I hope that it is easier to see boundaries between colonies here. This is still very much a WIP.

my contribution to the WorldRaj map 2.png

Please keep issuing constructive criticism and suggestions.

Next up, the Upper Nile Presidency (not too happy with this name but couldn't come up with anything else):
View attachment 747625
Labels:
View attachment 747626
Districts are less autonomous but have more political organisation, Organised Areas have very loose central authority and de facto more autonomy, and Abayudaya is a district populated by the eponymous Jewish ethnic group in Uganda, which has full autonomy concerning religious matters.
This is great and fitted in perfectly...... once I'd worked out where! Doh

Anyway, version three. I hope that it is easier to see boundaries between colonies here. This is still very much a WIP.

View attachment 747635

Maybe some sort of Black Belt autonomous area could be possible.

Thought the 5 civilized tribes protectorates should have priority over that.

This is great and fitted in perfectly...... once I'd worked out where! Doh

Uganda northeast of the main Buganda area, I think.

Maybe some sort of Black Belt autonomous area could be possible.
Given that I have included an autonomous Amish country, and Welsh Tract, that's probably fair. I will need to look into that further.

Is everyone OK with me listing Acadia as a "religiously autonomous area"? Apart from just making it a palatine county, I couldn't think what else to call it.

Given France is part of the Seven Crowns, I can't see the Acadians being dispersed ITTL, unless they are specifically disloyal. Have we decided what is going to happen in regards to Catholicism/Anglicanism ITTL? Maybe some kind of Ceasaro-Papism? Is there a reunification (partial or otherwise) with the Eastern Orthodox Church(es)?
Thought the 5 civilized tribes protectorates should have priority over that.
They should be incorporated in the next update. That's probably going to be tomorrow, however.

Last edited:

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Thanks.

Fire away. I am currently in the process of redoing my map, anyway. I wasn't that happy with it.

BTW - I did include the Lenape on my original map. It was that orange-y blob in eastern Pennsylvania. I will make a few changes for the next version.

Here are some thoughts for the Mid-Atlantic and Newfoundland:

S4KMbg5.png

kKr95x6.png

I'm not too clear on what changes have been made to New England...

After some thought, I decided to just get rid of it - it was basically just the distinction between "The bit where people live, and the bit where there is literally just two guys and a dog". :p
Okay then.

Also, a idea I have for Acadia as that its government can a combination of "religiously autonomous area" and palatine county.

Thought I remembered this patch from DaniCBP,
I've overlaid the Grey blank to make it easier to use but look out for any old lakes or coast in black

1756.qbam 1756_by_DaniCBP idx ol.png

Given France is part of the Seven Crowns, I can't see the Acadians being dispersed ITTL, unless they are specifically disloyal. Have we decided what is going to happen in regards to Catholicism/Anglicanism ITTL? Maybe some kind of Ceasaro-Papism? Is there a reunification (partial or otherwise) with the Eastern Orthodox Church(es)?
I'd personally still argue for an Anglicanism that remains under the Catholic umbrella, as with a literally global empire it would make sense for the Church to remain as one entity rather than splitting up. An idea I had more generally for Christianity is that while it is united under Catholicism, the Church as a whole is much more decentralized, with many localized rites continuing to exist instead of being done away with by the Council of Trent. So in addition to the Latin Rite of OTL and the Eastern Catholic Churches, there are also other surviving rites such as the Gallican and Mozarabic Rites that are widespread, which is where this "Anglican Rite" would fall under. If we don't have the Reformation happen, it could still be possible to have some Protestant ideas come about as intellectual traditions within the Church; for example, while Calvinism may not exist, there may be movements within the Church that believe in total depravity and predestination like OTL Jansenism, which could further make the Church resemble Anglicanism (in that there's a variety of theological perspectives) while still being Catholic. That being said this would probably have its limits - I don't see much room for Evangelicalism within the Catholic Church - but it could still be interesting while also making sense within the setting.

View attachment 747625
Labels:
View attachment 747626
Really impressive work, but I think that the Merle people live north of where you have them, and the Kisii people should probably with the Luhya be part of the Great Lakes grouping.

As for what to call your polity, how about Luoland?

Also, why are some Maasai areas included and not others?