In any case we are forgetting who Salic law in France was a much later invention (female exclusion was just for taking away the crown from little princess Jeanne and exclusion of female lines for blocking Edward III’s claim), so at the time of Anarchy would NOT exist at all.

I guess who an exclusion of females would most likely not involve males descendants from female lines and would go for blood proximity meaning who Henry II would be the direct successor of his grandfather in England
In fact I'd argue that blood proximity was the "natural succession law" at the time. That is the closest male descendant of the title/land holder would be accepted and recognised.

In fact I'd argue that blood proximity was the "natural succession law" at the time. That is the closest male descendant of the title/land holder would be accepted and recognised.
And that would point on OTL Henry II being successor of his grandfather or in alternative to Robert of Gloucester…

An alternative would be "free" election without formally binding reference to claims of female line inheritance. As happened in Germany about that time when dynasties died out.
Elections had a history in Anglo-Saxon England, but I don't think they did with the Normans.

And that would point on OTL Henry II being successor of his grandfather or in alternative to Robert of Gloucester…
At least we can agree it's anyone but Stephen, who wasn't even his mother's eldest -- or second eldest! -- son.

Deleted member 147978

As I understand from a comment:

After Hastings, the laws of succession "took a reset."

From 1066 to the WotR, England had practice male preference succession but not like a straight up French Style Salic Succession.