Where the River Flows: The Story of Misia: A Native American Superpower

The Taino and Dutch can bond over their hatred for Spain!
62CE8F25-D587-4B48-88E3-1B5C6AC541AC.jpeg

I got a little confused - did she reward the pirates and then blow up their boat?

Also a few more maps would be helpful, I am struggling to work out who is who and where they are exactly.
However I am enjoying the whole saga

Nice. But wouldn’t the Mesoamerican Christians also be hating on the Aztecs? Or are they more fearful of them then anything else?
They hate the Aztecs, and they hate Spain because Spain is an Aztec ally (I will elaborate more on the ties between Havana and Tenochtitlan in the 1700s).

Speaking of the Aztecs they are going to have to stop the sacrifices at some point because if they continue I don’t think they will be able to survive. At some point they are either going to convert fully to Christianity, syncretize Christianity with their own religion or somehow just drop Sacrifice all together with zero Christianity influence

Speaking of the Aztecs they are going to have to stop the sacrifices at some point because if they continue I don’t think they will be able to survive. At some point they are either going to convert fully to Christianity, syncretize Christianity with their own religion or somehow just drop Sacrifice all together with zero Christianity influence
You guys will just have to wait for what I think will be the best arc of the TL.

You guys will just have to wait for what I think will be the best arc of the TL.
A Misian Steampunk conquest of the world with airships in Europe and everything?
Because its the only way I can think from the top of my head for you to one up this

Huh you know I wonder what the political thought would be for the the Taino if something similar to the Haitian revolution occurs. Since now their homeland is no longer controlled by the Spain but it is now controlled by recently liberated slaves. Who from what we read this chapter might have an anti Taino bias due to their involvement in the slave trade. Could lead to waves of filibuster by wealthy Taino who want to reclaim their homeland.

Huh you know I wonder what the political thought would be for the the Taino if something similar to the Haitian revolution occurs. Since now their homeland is no longer controlled by the Spain but it is now controlled by recently liberated slaves. Who from what we read this chapter might have an anti Taino bias due to their involvement in the slave trade. Could lead to waves of filibuster by wealthy Taino who want to reclaim their homeland.
I foresee any Taino remnants on Haiti by the time of the Haitian revolution trying to get out of dodge and/or being massacred by the slaves. Either way, the Taino diaspora will be equally anti-Haitian as the Haitians will be anti-Taino.

I got a little confused - did she reward the pirates and then blow up their boat?

Also a few more maps would be helpful, I am struggling to work out who is who and where they are exactly.
However I am enjoying the whole saga
There is a location glossary on the first post, but I can try to add more stuff. I do definitely need more maps.

Hey guys, as I work on the next chapter, I’ve been thinking about how while I talk a lot about wars and land-changes, I haven’t spent enough time diving into more cultural and daily life aspects. For that reason, I’ve been thinking before I round out the 1600s I may also wanna do some chapters focusing on a particular city. I’ve been thinking that Cahoqua, Shawasha, Tenochtitlan, Zempoala, Orayvi, Manhattan, Tekesta, and a bunch of other cities deserve updates of their own. What else would people like to see?

I would like to see the technological aspect more, I already forgot if you already described it, but I would like to see how advanced the natives are (and were before the first contact), how did their armor looked like, what their cities looked like.
Other than that, I would love to see how the day to day political administration looks like. I belive you mentioned already that they had paper before the contact, maybe something about the alphabets?

how did their armor looked like
Their clothing as well; I very much doubt that it looked like the same way it did IOTL, considering that their fibre and textile industries must have been way more advanced ITTL.
Other than that, I would love to see how the day to day political administration looks like. I belive you mentioned already that they had paper before the contact, maybe something about the alphabets?
Their political philosophies as well; it can make for so much parallels with Imperial China so as to likewise make for much uncaniness.

And also, did Misia have their own warlord periods and dynastic changes, especially a counterpart to China's Spring and Autumn Period and the Hundred Schools of Thought associated with it?

How about Misian astrology and superstitions?

Last edited:
I would like to see the technological aspect more, I already forgot if you already described it, but I would like to see how advanced the natives are (and were before the first contact), how did their armor looked like, what their cities looked like.
The alphabet is something I’ve actually been thinking about. For Misian in particular, I’ve noticed that the language has a certain syllable structure that would lend it to a syllabary or abjad-type system. I’ve also been thinking about the Korean writing system, in which sounds share shapes based on how similar they are and how they are said. For example, the three main plosives in this language (at least in the Inoka dialect) are P, T, and K. I’m thinking they can be represented by the symbols Γ, T, and 7 respectively, representing the position of lips/tongue with relation to the roof of the mouth.

@JSilvy The Korean system is pretty much unique. It would be nice to see another featural system develop...

More realistically, most native American languages use a syllabary (e.g. Cherokee)