What if the US made a Jewish state to send Jewish immigrants too during the major immigrant wave of the late 1800s

What if the US made a state to send Jewish immigrants to in the late 1800s in order to avoid anti-Semitic riots and prejudice from other immigrant groups and native born Americans. Would this state be like Quebec but with Yiddish instead of French, where in the US would it be, how many people would it have, I'm open to all answers and I'm just having fun theorizing so just send something if you feel like it. (For the record I am not anti-Semitic at all as I'm Jewish myself, I'm just curious about what this would look like :))

Well, the thing is that more ethnic groups could demand their own states, the Irish in Massachusetts, Italians in New York, the Cajuns in Louisiana.
Maybe the could encourage them to settle in remote places of the country like Minnesota, Oregon or if we want to be more extreme, maybe Alaska as in the The Yiddish Policemen's Union.

What if the US made a state to send Jewish immigrants to in the late 1800s in order to avoid anti-Semitic riots and prejudice from other immigrant groups and native born Americans. Would this state be like Quebec but with Yiddish instead of French, where in the US would it be, how many people would it have, I'm open to all answers and I'm just having fun theorizing so just send something if you feel like it. (For the record I am not anti-Semitic at all as I'm Jewish myself, I'm just curious about what this would look like :))
This was a little bit earlier than late 1800's, and not exactly a proposal for a state (and you may have heard of it already), but I still found it interesting:

This was a little bit earlier than late 1800's, and not exactly a proposal for a state (and you may have heard of it already), but I still found it interesting:

I've heard of this but I meant a bigger state as a result of the increased numbers of migrants. I think this is an interesting idea but I doubt that Grand Island would be able to support so many migrants XD

Wdym by "state"? Is this a Liberia/Israel situation or a Deseret situation?
Deseret I guess. Honestly, I would say that the state would mirror Quebec more since it would be a more cultural thing but those are my thoughts ;)

Well, the thing is that more ethnic groups could demand their own states, the Irish in Massachusetts, Italians in New York, the Cajuns in Louisiana.
Maybe the could encourage them to settle in remote places of the country like Minnesota, Oregon or if we want to be more extreme, maybe Alaska as in the The Yiddish Policemen's Union.
Interesting, maybe during the immigrant wave of the late 1800s the US makes tons of states for groups and this sort of thing happens.

I've heard of this but I meant a bigger state as a result of the increased numbers of migrants. I think this is an interesting idea but I doubt that Grand Island would be able to support so many migrants XD
Hey, Grand Island's bigger than Manhattan... slightly ;)
There were even plans after WWII briefly to build a "City of World Peace" on Grand Island, and put the UN HQ on Navy Island... for some reason they went with NYC instead...

Cryostorm

Monthly Donor
My favorite POD is the Mormons don't happen but a Jewish group takes their place and makes the Utah territory their home. Honestly wouldn't make a huge difference in most respects except you might have most Jewish emigrants from Europe head there.

It wouldn't be a Jewish state, it would just be a state with a relatively high number of Jews. Unless the US is actively paying the way for people to immigrate (NOT going to happen for any demographic, let alone more or less "undesirables" such as Jews), the number won't be so high really. Add in the fact that most areas that would be chosen have high German-American populations (so have quite a bit of learned anti-Semitism), and the fact that most Jews come from more urban areas in Europe, I'm pretty sure most would find a way to get to and stay in New York City and other large cities.

Even picking Alaska, I think non-Jews would vastly outnumber Jews.

Hey, Grand Island's bigger than Manhattan... slightly ;)
There were even plans after WWII briefly to build a "City of World Peace" on Grand Island, and put the UN HQ on Navy Island... for some reason they went with NYC instead...
I just looked it up, wish just the Jewish population it really could be a functioning city which makes sense since us Jews have always lived in more urban areas throughout our history.

Even if the Jews form a clear majority in some US territory/state by the mid 19th century, things will get awkward once the preexisting Sephradic and Yekke communities end up dealing with Eastern European Askhenazi Jews (and the Mizrahis as well) in the early 1900s.

Not really possible. Beyond the legal considerations, nothing would stop other immigrants from overwhelming this state demographically.