Shadows of glory
Regency of Qizil Hatun

After death of Yassin Buga in 836 (1432), his younger son Jalaluddin became Khan, under regency of his aunt Qizil. This was a reenactment of the the previous attempt by the ambitious woman to seize the power of Golden horde through politics. The elder son of Yassin, Kuban fled to the other side of Kara sea, to the Ottomans like his uncle Toghril before him. Though negotiations were underway on extradition, the Grand vizier Beyazid Pasha vehemently refused this offer. So for now Kuban stayed in the Ottoman empire with his family. He would be a prominent member in the court of Murad II and participate in Ottoman conquest of Serbia and Morea as well as raids into Bosnia and Hungary following the vacuum left in the wake of Hungarian disaster against Tatars.

Qizil Hatun, unlike many female regents of that time chose a more public appearance, so far as to hold her own court beside the court of the Khan. The Ulema, though bitter at first managed to be coaxed on her sides with promises of lofty pensions and more lands allocated to the Madrasas.
steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_241246613_preview.jpg

Image: Court of Qizil Hatun (Circa 1300)

Jalaluddin by now was grown up but still had been rendered powerless by various factions within the Khanate. One of them being Qizil's husband, Samiu'n and the beg of Qimir, Olej Muxammat. With two powerful persons by her side, Qizil swept across the administration and enacted reforms riding on the victory over Hungary achieved by her dead brother. In 840 (1436), the first ever census was conducted in the Golden horde, eerily similar to the one conducted by another Mongol great Khan Mongke centuries prior. But what made this census different was that Ulemas, priests and monks were told to obtain data of their localities, tthus integrating the independent clergy into government, somewhat. This further ensured that Sarai knew the exact number of population in an area and hustling by local authorities were yet of absent. But this also made the entire process staggeringly slow, taking 3 years to complete. Still, many tribes in Sibir, the far flung Sanjak avoided being counted by being nomads. Some nomads in Aral escaped to Sibir briefly during the census, making Aral look displeasingly depopulated to the authorities. The lack of local clergy in some places also hampered the effort. Nevertheless, the horde administaration was ready for the second goal, a new tax firman.
orda (1).jpg

image: a military officer inquiring an ustadh* at a local madrasa during the census.

As the domestic front was wrapping up, things in the western frontier started heating up. Qizil actively encouraged her husband Samiu'n to grab his ancestral lands in Muscovy, much to the latter's annoyance. Historian Yunus Al Firdawsi made a remark on this:
Qizil, for all her life wasn't satisfied with a Rus man who warmed her bed, so she wanted to take all of Rus to warm her heart.

The death of Vytautas and Jogalia opened up a power vacuum in Lithuania and Rus principalities. The young monarch Wladislaw II was still not set in the business of ruling and faced the Lithuanians revolt against his rule under Alexander Czartoryski, a Polish noble. To alleviate the religious tension, Sigismund, the grand duke of Lithuania issued edict that Orthodox and Catholic nobles were now equal. But the worries for the monarch was not over. After the death of Jogalia in 838 (1434), the Hungarian nobles refused to grant Transylvania for Wladislaw's younger brother Casimir. This coupled with Hussite problems in Bohemia caused Waldislaw II to ignore his eastern borders for a while. This allowed Golden horde to meddle in Rus states more actively. In 840 ( 1436),Dmitry of Moscow was granted the title of grand prince of Novgorod by the metropolitan council. Vasily II of Yarosalv, related to Vytautas by maternal line detested this. So the two Rus principalities were embroiled in a conflict over Novgorod again. In 844 (1440), a Polish ultimatum forced the feuding parties into settlement as Golden horde pressed Dmitry's claim to the Novgorod throne, facing weaker resistance from Polish-Lithuanians as the latter were embroiled in a civil war in Bohemia. So Dmitry, son of Yury became the strongest Rus ruler and had principality of Tver and Novgorod under his wing. But soon Poles would turn east after an inconclusive solution to the Hussite problem. The wars of Golden Horde in Europe were far from over.....

*teacher

(From 'Empire of the steppes' by Mahmud Sakafi)
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Dhul Hajj 842( May 1439)
Isfahan

persia_1912_by_najeeb_alnajjar_d94qp23-pre.jpg

"So, you are not going back to Jurchen lands anymore?" Yunus As Shihab asked a young man as they sat in a sarai.

"Nope, my sister's husband led the war against my possible brother in law and won. How vile of the Jurchen to turn to the infidel Ming!" Khaydar Makmut spat as he munched on his food.

"So it is true then, the Aqbars Khan has lost his influence on the Jurchens. But what about UrianKhai?"

"They have allied themselves with the Jojens* of further east. At least they still know that it is the Chinese who are the main enemy." Khaydar replied.

"Yet, you are here, seeking military job in the enemy of your patron state. You do have questionable loyalties."

"It is definitely not my place to judge whether the Khan is good or bad. I can reflect on his actions for a period of time until he dies. That's it. But to paint anyone's action as good or bad, you have to be in certain positions to see that." Khaydar remarked as heresumed his eating.

"You are right, your father indeed taught you well. A great scholar indeed." Yunus said as he sipped on his stew.

"My father, bless that man is unlike anything I have become. I am brash, he was calm and collected. I am harsh, he was forgiving. He knew love. I know lust. In fact, he loved my mother so much that he died the next year after her death."

"Indeed, your companions speak that were not for your striking appearance to your father, you would not deem as his son." Yunus chuckled.

Khaydar just shrugged his shoulders and continued:
"It was a one sided affair but he learned to love my mother with time. It was inevitable from how she would follow him everywhere. I on the other hand, won't settle for just one woman, I have my tastes."

"So, is this what you seek? Women?"

"Yes and glory and riches too. Your Shah has more than enough in his coffers."

"By Allah, it is of unbelievable proportions. Or why do you think he would sent a portion of his army and hire merceneries like you only for campaigning in Hind to support of the Sayyids? "

"So where is this place where I will be fighting?" Khaydar asked with an intense gaze.

"Some place called Marwar, the pagan leader of that state thinks he can escape vassalage through sword. But he is successful so far as Delhi armies have unble to breach his defenses." Yunus replied staring back.

"Hmm, land of Hind? Very well, let's see what Allah has in store for me. When will we leave, Emir?" Khaydar spoke the last part as if he was taunting.

"As soon as the Shah orders us, we will leave for Herat. From there we will cross into Punjab and reach Delhi, hopefully by Muharram. And then we await the Delhi Emir's orders whilst indulging in exotic things Hind has to offer us." He added the last part with a smile as the young mercenery laughed out loud, attracting some other patrons to gaze at the site of commotion.

"It was nice knowing that someone from Jochid line would choose fighting for Dirham as a profession." Yunus quipped as an insult but Khaydar was unrelenting.

"I am not just fighting for money, I have principles too. My family is not there anymore to protect me, so I must make my living in this harsh Dunya searching for my kismet. But at least for those people who have shown hospitality to me once, I won't fight them even if you give me the entire world." His eyes gleamed as he spoke the last part.

Emir Yunus As Shihab of Fars now toyed with his moustache. If this boy's tongue was this sharp at table, how sharp his sword would be at the battlefield?

*Joesen empire

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Persia: the expansion

Persia under Shahrukh Mirza was a prospering realm, being fed by revenues from silk route and a conduit between central asia and the maritime markets of Sham. Naturally acumulation of wealth and a rise in literary and scientific awareness caused the nobility to be more relaxed about their position, so no rebellions occcurred for about a decade or so. This was the golden age of Persia, dubbed by many as the second coming of the Islamic Golden age.

Shahrukh, however was not sitting idle. He wanted his realm to expand. In 838 (1435), Timurid forces captured Hormuz. Contemporary historian Ghalib Jalal described Hormuz as being the 'Babel of its time'. The wealth accumulated due to Hind ocean spice trade was enormous which contributed to the vanity of its residents and Shahrukh wasted no time to consolidate his position in the Gulf of Oman. In 840 (1437), he launched a naval expedition into Imamate of Muscat. After 2 years, he finally reached a conclusion with the Ibadi imams so that the Coast would be left under Timurids while the clergy would rule the interior in Shahanshah's name.
7f720cbede625085e7ccd46503c944aa-d5b1ubs.jpg

Image: port of Hormuz in 10th century following expansion

But capturing both sides of the gulf were one thing and protecting the maritime route was another thing. For that Shahrukh knew he needed navy. So he started building a small fleet to guard the strait. But given the enormity of the trade and the lack of experience of Persians in naval warfare, he knew it would take time before Persia could enforce its laws even in its coastal waters. So a plan was made to employ fishermen and small traders and provide them with weapons as a mean to protect the route. This was necessary as the larger Chinese modelled ships of the Persian navy were not speedy enough to catch up to small pirate vessels.
dhow.jpeg

Image: An Omani dhow, common form of transport in the Persian gulf upto 13th century AH

But in return, these 'sailors' had to be granted lump and their own trading privileges, culminating in the rise of a maritime trading class in the Omani coast. These 'Rubans' or skippers in time formed their own trading empire composed of ships, sailors, coastal settlements and a contract in places like Hind. This meant that instead of flowing into Isfahan, the surplus from Hind spice trade was accumulating in the hands of these fishermen or navigator turned merchants. But Shahrukh cared little for that matter as he still had Hormuz's wealth.

Foreign relations were also improved with various countries. An envoy sent to the Mamelukes was aimed at erasing the mistrust that was created following the Timurid mameluke wars. In 844 (1441), a group of Timurid mercenaries aided the Delhi rulers to subdue Marwar, a Rajput state of North Hind. This indicated that Timurids still had their eyes on Hind's riches. The expedition led by Emir Yunus defeated Rao Jodha in the battle of Siwar. The Delhi forces and their Persian mercenaries laid siege to Mandore. Though it ended in stalemate, Rao Jodha agreed on paying tribute to Delhi sultan. This was short lived because as soon as the Delhi forces left the area, Marwar except Nagaur was captured by Rana Kumbha, another Rajput prince who imprisoned Jodha and killed him.

But the Timurid campaigns in India would oversee the rise of Khaydar, a warrior from Aqbars Khanate with Jochid ancestry. He would go on to change the history of Khurasan forever...
bhjghvbjhjgvg.jpeg

Image: battle of Siwar from a Rajput painting

(From 'Tarikh Ul Fars Wal Mashreq' by Ali Adnani)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My exam is in February, so this will be my last update for a while.

Looks like Qizil fulfilled her dream and went on to rule the Khanate. Like uncle like nephew, Kuban fled across the ocean and is currently residing in court of Murad II. His descendant will be someone who the horde's incumbent ruler need to watch out for. And Khaydar is a mercenary! I want him to be a Muslim version of Harald Hadrada so the backstory is quite familiar here. He will go places far beyond his homeland. And the Omani Thalassocracy rises! hopefully they will be able to hold thei ground once the Portuguese make their appearance in Hind Ocean. So long for now, leave your thoughts!

Attachments

• orda (1).jpg
    orda (1).jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 119
Ugh, I had a longer post but my phone ate it, so I'll keep this short.

Really like the contrast between Khaydar and his dad. I didn't know a muslim Harald Hardrada was what I needed in my life.

Is the Renaissance beginning in Europe on schedule in this TL? Is Portugal/Europe as dangerous to Asia as they were in OTL?

I can't wait till you write about the new world again. Guess I'll have to wait till February to find out who's colonizing it🥲

Renaissance beginning in Europe on schedule in this TL? Is Portugal/Europe as dangerous to Asia as they were in OTL?
Renaissance is late because most of Byzantine Refugees went to Trebizond instead of Europe. Portugal is on the way to become a naval power, but they will receive competition from the rising Oman( albeit under Timurid for now). As for Europe's rise, colonization of the new world was a big factor in this. I Won't prevent it but will make sure that they are not without competition. But the thing is that until 19th century, most Asiatic powers are continental, so not keen on colonization. But vassalage is always possible.
I didn't know a muslim Harald Hardrada was what I needed in my life.
Glad to hear😁😁.
who's colonizing it🥲
Well, it should be 'who discovers it'. Because unlike OTL spain, the first nation to stumble upon new world will not go for wanton colonization, so colonization will be much slower ITTL. Expect more native presence in new world.
, I had a longer post but my phone ate it,
You can ask anything you want to know. I'll be happy to reply

Seeker of justice
Ryazan uprising and Bashkir revolt
In 844 (1440), a new taxation was formulated based on the census conducted couple of years prior. The new thing about it was that instead of community based taxing extracted from local chieftains, they were to merely act as helpers to the darugachi (tax official) who would collect tax from each household in person. Though this was aimed to limit exploitation by the local influential, corruption was inevitable. And Qizil Hatun would taste the first major opposition against her running of the state.

Ryazan was a major trade city of the Golden horde which received a lot of commercial traffic as it sat upon the Moscova river, not so far from Moscow, the capital of of Principality of Muscovy. With the new tax inacted, businessmen from Rus lands began to shift their focus from Ryazan to elsewhere, most notably Kazan, which was again growing after decades of rebuilding. There was also a short duration famine which resulted in families getting poorer. Things would have recovered if taxation was avoided for some time. unfortunately the time of the famine coincided with the new taxation. But the uprising didn't start as a revolt against over taxation. It was against the local boyar named Milkhail Ulyanov who converted to Nestorian branch and thus was hated by clergy. He supported his son Gregory who reportedly converted to Islam and pursued the daughter of a local orthodox deacon. Historians dispute the claims of forced marriage in this regard as the two families were familiar with each other for a while. But the notion of a heretic's heathen son marrying a good woman of the church stirred up controversy in the nobility of Ryazan and soon the Boyar's enemies, particularly one man named Simeon Krasnov instigated the populace to revolt against the 'Tatar and their collaborators'. The population, mostly civilians discontent over the new tax imposition opened up in revolt and stormed the boyar's house, killing him and sending his son fleeing. Unfortunately, the boyar's wife who took shelter in a church was dragged out publicly beaten to death, despite being an orthodox herself. The news of the revolt soon reached local darugachi Engen, an Uighur Muslim and he called upon his bitimgerler troops, mostly Rus Nazarenes to crush the rebellion. But they proved insufficient in terms of number and some defected to the rebels. The rebels were able secure the city in 2 months whilst the countryside stayed contested.
tverskoe-vosstanie-v-1327-godu-prichini-i-itogi_5.jpg

Image: mounted bitimgerler soldiers during Ryazan uprising.

Gregory retreated to Kazan and called for help from Toqtay Beg. He secured his family's position as the beg of Ryazan through family marriage with Toqtay's niece. With 2,000 Tatar and Oirat troops he returned after a year, burning through the countryside and soon besieged the city. He opted to starve the damned city which killed his parents out of vengeance despite Engen's request not to do so. Engen, realizing that Gregory wouldn't listen to him as the latter has Kazan beg's support, sent letters to Beklar beg Samiu'n. Only after a letter from the second highest position in the state did Gregory stopped and accepted the surrender of Ryazan. Toqtay was able to persuade Samiu'n to revoke tax imposition upon the devastated city for 2 years. This marked the rise of Toqtay as a major player in the western part and soon he would lock horns with Qimir's beg Olej Muxammat in establishing influence.
Едигей.jpeg

Image: Toqtay, beg of Kazan

Whilst the rus people of Ryazan were angry at the horde administration for various reasons other than tax, the fiercely independent semi nomadic Bashkir clans were outright furious only for taxation. The new taxation would render their nomadic lifestyle impossible. What really bothered them was that the new tax would require all individual household to participate, unlike the previous system where a portion of the clan could remain nomadic and the sedentary portion paid both of their taxes, which was relatively low and clan based. Not this time, the surveillance and the tax amount ensured that they would have to stay at one place or be hunted by Darugachi retinues. They claimed it as an assault upon their ancestral tradition and lifestyle. What followed was unlike anything seen in Golden horde before. In 845 (1441), the Bashkir leader Krajuk Buga declared insubordination and chased out the darugachi from his lands in Bashguria*, prompting other chieftains to do the same. The Bashkirs were mostly part of Aral Sanjak under Nazimuddin of Shaybanid dynasty. he was terrified at the notion of fighting these hardened steppe warriors who outnumbered his bitimgerler retinue. He wanted to resolve the conflict peacefully as he didn't trust Qizil Hatun to leave a competing Chingissid in charge of an important province, thinking the rebellion as a ploy by Sarai to assert control. But all negotiations failed and a Tatar army under Buyji noyan was sent to crush the rebellion.
1638579234432.jpg

Image: Bashkir horsemen in Kokqala

But defeating a nomadic clan was easier said than done. Many bashkir clans fled east to Sibir. Many escaped to Aqbars khanate but most of them created resistance pocket in Kipchak steppes. This rebellion was large and also problematic as the northern portion of silk route trade was hampered. This rang alarm bells for the authorities in Sarai. But Qizil was a crafty woman. She began appeasing minor chieftains with promises of gifts and permanent posts in horde military. To protect the trade route a local militia was created comprising of Chuvash, Bolgars, Oirats and loyalist Bashkirs. Unlike bitimgerler, these troops were permitted the use of gunpowder weapons, particularly muskets, a first for a paramilitary force in the horde. They were placed under the command of Tekudar noyan and Aral Sanjakbeg Nazimuddin assumed the responsibility of their provisions. Thus began the story of 'Nayzagay' or lightning corps.
2faacd8cee59b2bde62c999bd3a5f6be.jpg

Image: Nayzagay troops (circa 1400 AH)

The rebellion gradually fizzled out within 850(1445) due to rebel's inability to disrupt trade route and the divide and conquer policy of Qizil Hatun. After defeating the revolt, Qizil Hatun was in an even stronger position than before. She proved that she was not just reaping benefits of her brother's work but was a capable statesman herself. It also left no doubt that Jalaluddin Khan was nothing short of a puppet of his aunt. This would bring reactions from various powerful factions within the horde, including some of Qizil's allies who grew fearful of her newfound strength.

*Bashkoristan

(From 'Empire of the Steppes' by Mahmud Sakafi)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahmad Ar Riyadh: beginning of insafiyya
Ahmad was born in a noble family in Herat in 7 Muharram 832 ( 25 October 1428). His father had been a Qadhi at the local court, so he received more education than his peers in the local institutions. But his thirst for knowledge would make him journey across his homeland into the heart of central Asia. He started studying in Gurigan Madrasa, the largest institution in Islamic world at that time from 16 years of age.
images.jpeg

Image: Ahmad Ar Riyadh (drawn circa 1200 AH)

He completed his education in 852 (1449), at a time of great upheaval for his homeland in Taraghid Shahdom. The revolts of Baysungur against his brother Mirza Ulugh Beg upset the southern portion of the silk route. After returning to Herat which was relatively peaceful, Ahmad got married and moved to Samarkand with his entire family. Despite peace returning to Persia in 855 (1452), he opted to stay in Samarkand as he earned his name as a teacher in the jewel of Mawarennahar.
IMG_20220130_130827.jpg

Image: Gurigan Madrasa, biggest educational institute of the Muslim world at its time and hub of Timurid renaissance.

The idea of humans as Allah's representatives on earth was an early Islamic context. But Ahmad elaborated on this topic and expanded it to directions beyond anyone ever took. He amalgamated the idea of 'Wahdatul wujud' ( creator's incarnation in creation) and created a new idea, insafyya. In broad sense it was just man being best of creation so he has duty to his fellow humans, animals, plants and even inanimate objects and avoid exploitation and transgression. The highest stage for a man, according to Ahmad was 'Ihsan' where he sacrifices his pleasures for the good of greater world. His reversing of Wahdatul wujud created a lot of controversy amongst the thinkers of his period. He thought a creation was not to be respected because it has Allah's essence in it but because respecting Allah's creation since Allah says so would result in the man's own essence being uplifted. The argument he used for it is fasting in Ramadan, when humans attain the divine qualities of food and carnal abstinence identical to Allah.
a8b735216e319ddffac31d35bbf5eb52.jpg

Image: Al Hazar Ziyadatullah, notable student of Ahmad Ar Riyad and one of the founders of Insafiyya order

Though Ahmad's insafiyya was merely a thought on personal purification and making a human attain divine qualities by listening to divine revealtions and general desire to do good, it soon gained a following as a Sufi order in Aqbars Khanate, started by some of his students, of them Al Hazar Ziyadatullah and Abdul Gaffar Bahri. They started their activities around Samarkand and soon gained foothold in central Asia and Khurasan. Their growth was loathed by landlords whom the insafiyya opposed due to the treatment of serfs and labour slaves. In their opinion, slaves should be treated like Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, almost equal to masters in receiving amenities. Anything short and the person was losing his essence and would be dishonored in front of Allah here and hereafter. In all sense, it was just a mystic order and not a threat to establishment. But the political propulsion of insafiyya would begin with writings of Al Hazar Ziyadatullah, regarded by modern scholars as 'father of modern political science and welfare state'.

(From "Tarikh Ul Fars Wal Mashreq" by Ali Adnani)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMG_20220128_103044.png

14 Saffar 843( August 25, 1439)
Nikea, Ottoman empire

Kuban sipped on his coffee as the afternoon sun was gradually tilting to the west. He usually avoids coffee after Asr prayer, but not on Thursdays.

He looked on to the sparring match in front of him with awe and inspiration, seeing two ladies of his life engaged in a sword fight. Anastasia against Shehzadi Iladi Hatun. They didn't want to be discreet about it, so their blades clashed against each other in full swing emitting loud noise repeatedly.

An eunuch messenger's arrival turned Kuban's attention away from his battling wives.

"My Pasha, Iskander bey has arrived. He has brought news from Rumelia. The sultan is returning to Konstantinyye. The situation in Anatolia is getting dangerous. Iskander bey will tell you the rest." he spoke.

As much as Kuban wanted to finish the sparring match, he had to see Iskander. As if on cue, Anastasia lost her sword and the fight came to an abrupt halt.

"Yes, looks like my trick finally paid off!" Iladi shouted, then lowered her voice to make sure Kuban was out of hearing range.

"Looks like this week's Friday night belongs to me, princess." she whispered. Anastasia smiled.

"Hmm, you got lucky today. I admit I was slow but your attacks were relentless this session. You are a good melee fighter shehzadi." The wallachian woman spoke and her Turkish counterpart smiled.

"Despite you being older and mother to a teenage boy you sure did block numerous of my assaults. I won just because you got tired." Iladi replied and the two women shared a moment of good laugh.

"I am NOT old! One of these days I will make sure you miss two Friday nights in a row, heh." Anastasia replied, smile still plastered on her face.

"I wonder one thing, Ana. Does pasha know that we are deciding who he beds on Friday night by this sparring match?"

"Men are not considerate when it comes to that. Do they speak of our choices when they fight over us? Then why should we give them when we have the chance? To the victor goes the spoils, it should go both ways." Anastasia replied as the two began retiring for the evening and servant girls were clearing the arena.

Back in the guestroom, the atmosphere was tense.

"By Allah, I never knew Shehzade Mahmud to be used as pawn, nevermind for the Ishfendyarids! He must have death wish." Kuban spoke as his guest indulged himself in grapes and apple.

"Pasha, the sultan was angry the entire time on his way to Konstantinyye. he was grumbling that if this revolt didn't happen he would have razed Bosnia to the ground. He thinks he's getting too old for it. He is toying with the idea of retirement early and handing over power to shahzade Muhammad. "

"Nonetheless, I think its best that we depose the Ishfendyarids, they have clearly outlived their usefulness. All the beyliks in Anatolia are absorbed and only these peolpe are living happily in their place as hereditary pashas appointed by sultan."

"Well it is not the entire Ishfendyarid line is at fault. The Ishfendyarid usurper Khizir bey wants to remove his father so that he could take Candar elayet himself. But we won't let that happen. Isfandeyar's son Kasim bey is in our custody now and he won't be reinstated by the Sultan when the rebellion is over. Ishfendyar bey is also a lost cause and there are no signs of him after the rebellion erupted." Iskander causally spoke as Kuban was getting more nervous.

"So who takes Candar elayet?" he asked cautiously though he knew he should have kept his mouth shut.

"That's where you come in Pasha, you will be the new ruler of Candar elayet. As for Anatolia elayet, I will take it over. The sultan trusts you a lot. He believes you are the one to govern a province fruitfully after rebellion."

The colours dranied from Kuban's face at the mention of Candar elayet and he stammered.
"W-well, congratulations on your promotion.....Iskander Pasha. But, ugh, why Candar Elayet?" he groaned.

"Come on pasha, don't tell me you are afraid of a pashalik just because it is near the Kara sea. You are not a Chingissid anymore, like you stated earlier. You are a relative of Osman dynasty and a pasha of the Sultan." Iskander looked as if he was pleading the older man as he took his hands in his own hands.

He neared the frightened and glum man and whispered:
"And your son Batyr is growing up. Who knows, maybe someday he or his descendants will lay claim on the throne to Sarai with support from us?"

Kuban winced at the thought. For now he was averse to the idea. But that would be seen in the future.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Selam guys! back after a long pause but it will be a shower in desert as my main exam starts from from late February. So not gonna be posting for a while. My mock test was postponed due to rising covid cases in our country and I myself have been diagnosed positive, without much symptoms. Hope Allah grants me Shifa.

So rebellions in Golden horde but Qizil is one of a kind, she almost has villian like efficiency to handle crisis. But she does know how to take tough measures as you will see in the future, now that she is making new enemies who want her gone from power. And Insafiyya, the alternate humanist ideology focusing on good conduct of human to everything in his surroundings and beyond. Already their stance on treatment of slaves and serfs is stirring heads. If they come to power in future, human labour might become expensive enough to force the rich landholders look for alternative options....

And my last piece a prologue to new in universe novel "Kaiser I Rum". Kuban the lucky guy eh? I think you all know who is Iskendar bey at this point. Needless to say he will be an important character in future. Keep your eyes on Batyr, son of Kuban as to what he will do next.

Last edited:
Good to see this tl back. Nothing far reaching happen right now, but i think all these development hinted something major will happen in the future. Like internal problem in Persia, New concept and thought emerging as new age dawn, consolidation of central goverment power in Golden Horde. Can't wait to see what will happen when all those thing finally unfold.

Good to see this tl back. Nothing far reaching happen right now, but i think all these development hinted something major will happen in the future. Like internal problem in Persia, New concept and thought emerging as new age dawn, consolidation of central goverment power in Golden Horde. Can't wait to see what will happen when all those thing finally unfold.
Whatever major happens, expect Persia to be at its center. They are the muslim analogue to France😁

Halrin16

Banned
Wow kuban wives fight between each other for their special night with him. What a lucky guy. I hope i can be like him in the future. Loll

Last edited:
Wow kuban wives fight between each other for their special night with him. What a lucky guy. I hope i can be like hik in the future. Loll
Well its not really a fight, just a sparring match and whoever wins spends the Friday night, Kuban doesn’t know. He thinks the girls are alternating their times with him and also as he's a tatar he doesn’t mind women practicing weapons, so he leaves them to their devices. Iladi is the sister of Murad so Kuban is tied to Ottoman dynasty and his heir can lay claim the seat of khan in Sarai, because someone new and ambitious is ascending the Ottoman throne.

Halrin16

Banned
Well its not really a fight, just a sparring match and whoever wins spends the Friday night, Kuban doesn’t know. He thinks the girls are alternating their times with him and also as he's a tatar he doesn’t mind women practicing weapons, so he leaves them to their devices. Iladi is the sister of Murad so Kuban is tied to Ottoman dynasty and his heir can lay claim the seat of khan in Sarai, because someone new and ambitious is ascending the Ottoman throne.
Will this cause a war of succesion between ottoman and golden horde in the future since the ties between ruling family of the two state is intertwined?? This would be interesting.

Will this cause a war of succesion between ottoman and golden horde in the future since the ties between ruling family of the two state is intertwined?? This would be interesting.
Not anything on my mind right now.....but Let's see how 17th century turns out. Mostly it will be intervention in succession crisis of each other, hehe.

Last edited:
Qizil is really stepping into her role then.
Can't wait to see what Mehmet will achieve here now that Konstantiniyye is no longer on the table.
Good chapter overall

Qizil is really stepping into her role then.
Can't wait to see what Mehmet will achieve here now that Konstantiniyye is no longer on the table.
Good chapter overall
Mehmed's story is titled Kaiser I Rum, so that's enough spoiler I think. ( Doesn’t necessarily means he's gonna take on Rome)

from what I remember of Mehmet otl he wanted to conquer Rome before he died and may just have done it. Not sure though
He will have a lot on his plate before turning to Rome, but bits of Italy is doable and done OTL . Just remember that he will be starting career early as Murad is pondering with retirement.

Halrin16

Banned
He will have a lot on his plate before turning to Rome, but bits of Italy is doable and done OTL . Just remember that he will be starting career early as Murad is pondering with retirement.
You know i feel pity for murad. And with rebellion and revolt. He basically saying he is too old for this shit.

You know i feel pity for murad. And with rebellion and revolt. He basically saying he is too old for this shit.
Well OTL he gave up his throne under similar circumstances, not much change in his personality, he's still the humble ghazi sultan.

Any thoughts on Muhammad's rule starting early and no crusade of varna to interrupt( well with Hungary crushed by Tatars and Hunyadi's death), and there is also the question of Kuban and his son Batyr.....

Last edited:

Halrin16

Banned
Well OTL he gave up his throne under similar circumstances, not much change in his personality, he's still the humble ghazi sultan.

Any thoughts on Muhammad's rule starting early and no crusade of varna to interrupt( well with Hungary crushed by Tatars and Hunyadi's death), and there is also the question of Kuban and his son Batyr.....
well crusade of varna basically seal ottoman ascendancy as a superpower for next generation and since hungary is crushed probably the ottoman had less competition and earlier expansion to europe right. Since constantinople has been acquired earlier i guess Muhammad ii will aim for the first rome and expand and improve his fleet earlier. How he would handle skanderbeg though??

well crusade of varna basically seal ottoman ascendancy as a superpower for next generation and since hungary is crushed probably the ottoman had less competition and earlier expansion to europe right
Yep, but that doesn’t mean there Won't be a battle of Kosovo. Earlier expansion is guaranteed but direction....a bit tricky. Hunyadi is gone but Albert is alive, I intend to give the austrian king a longer lifespan, just to bug the Ottomans
Since constantinople has been acquired earlier i guess Muhammad ii will aim for the first rome and expand and improve his fleet earlier.
Rome, yes. It will be his goal. But Ottomans will be in a bit tricky situation regarding foreign relations. Now that they have a Jochid prince in their court and a stable alliance with some mameluke emirs, it will be hard to foretell where they end up eventually.
How he would handle skanderbeg though
More like how will 'Skanderbeg' handle Europe though.... Read the last part again, looks like you got carried away with the Women's friendly sparring match🤪. But I can't really blame you, it looks hot when girls fight, more so if it is over a man.

Last edited:

Halrin16

Banned
Read the last part again, looks like you got carried away with the Women's friendly sparring match🤪
HAHAHAHA. I mean i guess i get carried away since you timelines is really lovely and feel alive you know. Damn those person living in that era really live the best of their life.