"To Introduce our Guest Star, that's What I'm Here to Do..." The Hensonverse Fan Contribution Thread

Reminder of the Questions and Speculation Thread folks! Use it as requested by our Author. P

Another Reader Challenge!

You may recall that I recently posted a Remember the 2000s post. Well, I plan to do the same for the alt-2010s and I want all of YOU to help shape the decade. No ideas are too dumb, go wild.
  • What trends do you think will catch on? What fads?
  • What styles of fashion, music, or interests?
  • What will TV and movies look like in general? Any specific films or franchises due to be discovered?
  • What cities and countries will be popular?
  • Any world events likely to occur given the changes in this timeline?
  • Any other wild and crazy ideas? Surprise me.
Reply to this thread and state your idea. "Like" and "Love" each other's posts to "vote" on each other ("Love" counts as two points, "Like" as one).

maxresdefault.jpg

The goal: Not This!!! (Image source YouTube)

Last edited:

You may recall that I recently posted a Remember the 2000s post. Well, I plan to do the same for the alt-2010s and I want all of YOU to help shape the decade. No ideas are too dumb, go wild.
  • What will TV and movies look like in general? Any specific films or franchises due to be discovered?
Reply to this thread and state your idea. "Like" and "Love" each other's posts to "vote" on each other ("Love" counts as two points, "Like" as one).

maxresdefault.jpg

Could I do something with The Sopranos or The Wire

I've got a Henson-centric idea: Have him become an icon among social media users, by giving people wholesome challenges and friendly tips.

Kind of like this moment, but taken even more seriously with Jim being alive.
Your midday pick-me-up! 🙂 - See Jackson Hole | Facebook

Could I do something with The Sopranos or The Wire
As a guest post, I assume, since these are 2000s things, not 2010s things? Both are at the edge of the Fiction Zone and you'll need to add some serious butterflies if this is to be anything other than Saving Your Darlings, but as a guest post go for it. I had no specific plans for either.

As a guest post, I assume, since these are 2000s things, not 2010s things? Both are at the edge of the Fiction Zone and you'll need to add some serious butterflies if this is to be anything other than Saving Your Darlings, but as a guest post go for it. I had no specific plans for either.
Yeah it would 2000s guest posts, I wasn't sure as they would be at the edge of said Fiction Zone. I have a few ideas in mind at how they would be changed right down to production etc with 9/11 being butterflied away and different themes within both shows

maxresdefault.jpg

The internet and web videos will be very prominent, as in OTL, and create new ones.

maxresdefault.jpg

I have a few ideas, thanks to my character, Henry Phipps Jr. Specifically My Friend Cthulhu, which would ride 90's nostalgia.

What will TV and movies look like in general? Any specific films or franchises due to be discovered?
Long-Form TV is probably inevitable at this point. More like HBO Rome, Oz, or The Sopranos than any of their episodic predecessors. With earlier Direct Play through Netflix, Blockbuster, Peacock/DisneyDirect, and so forth, Long-Form/Seasonal content is gonna explode fast thanks to binge viewing and perhaps some external factors (I did drop an earlier COVID/Influenza pandemic during the early 2010s which could spur Direct Play).

Doctor Who is not going to be "as" popular or hip as it was during the 2000s since everyone is kinda used to the show and the toxicity will have mostly worn off from people's minds. Heck, it might even experience a decline during this period. As a result, the BBC might be looking for something else to be their highlight Sci-Fi series.

IMO, I truly believe that we will see a Blake's 7 reboot for the BBC (a show helmed by JMS?), one that is modernized for newcomers and yet familiar enough to old fans. Personally, I'd love to see Blake's 7 diverge from its more stereotypical and campy elements (though I admit it shouldn't be overtly depressing) by playing into its darker and cynical anti-Star Trek themes while maintaining strong characterization and worldbuilding (which is seriously ironic given JMS's work in Hensonverse's Star Trek Discovery).

Personally, I'd love to see dark Sci-Fi be dictated not by America/Canada through the BSG reboot or even The Expanse but instead through Britain, because we all know that the UK had that potential, but it just never had the opportunity. America and Canada should keep themselves to more optimistic Sci-Fi like Star Trek, Star Wars, or Stargate ITTL (Disney could get into that action too!).

Joss Whedon could have a greater impact on geekdom during the 2000s thanks to a more successful Buffy/Final Girl and Tranquility. Assuming he doesn't fuck up again, he could still be making shows for the 2010s.

As for movies, we might see epics become more prominent as was hinted in the post, perhaps in a style that's more true to the actual myth instead of Hollywood shlock like 300 or even Troy. Not sure what would be a good replacement for those epics. Maybe the Aenead, Oresteia, or even the Bacchae?

As for vampire/werewolf media, it honestly might have never emerged without Twilight, and it might even be less likely with a more successful Bram Stoker's series having its heyday during the 90s. There needs to be a replacement.

Same with YA Dystopia, because there's not going to be a Hunger Games (or its clones like Divergent, thank fucking god). However, YA Adventure is still going to be going strong thanks to Harry Fletcher and alt-Percy Jackson. Could we have Percy be a major competitor for Harry ITTL, please?

0786856297.jpg

Personally, I think fantasy works (especially fan works) could be a replacement since D&D, LOTR, and its ilk are within the public consciousness. Critical Role for the 2000s anyone?

Found footage horror might not have taken off without the Blair Witch Project, so horror trends will have to diverge as a result. I'm thinking psychological horror could become more popular as a result.

Tokusatsu and anime is going to be more popular in the West than OTL, though what comes out in that timeline is anyone's guess.

Lastly, movie reboots should be less of a thing, for all of our sanities.

Idea: K-Pop doesn't take off in the western world ITTL.
I'm going to play devil's advocate (though I don't really like K-Pop) and say that it will still take off in the 2000s thanks to South Korea pushing harder into the West thanks to their South Korea Pavilion and their aggressive cultural push.

However, we could see a more diverse pop music sphere since Western Pop hasn't declined that badly and Mando Pop/J-Pop could be really popular.

Last edited:
What will TV and movies look like in general? Any specific films or franchises due to be discovered?
Volume 4 of LXG (The Tempest) would most likely end differently if he ever writes that out.

Also, Newgrounds becomes more popular and maybe leading a few live-action adaptations of some of the animations on that website being made like Tankman and Madness Combat.

Well, I'd previously talked about a 90's nostalgia wave in the 2010's, partially spurred by all the big 90's nostalgia franchises (Jurassic Park, Marvel, Godzilla/Kong, DC and Universal Horror) getting big-budget reboots/revivals/broad-stroke reboots (term used ITTL instead of the term "soft reboot" - which I despise for a number of reasons).

Another thing I'd like to see is a resurgence in big-budget speculative documentaries - basically like a WWD/WDR deal. Maybe ABC do a Barsoomian wildlife documentary, NBC have some Prehistoric Planet equivalent (and/or a After Man/Future Is Wild-style documentary) and CBS... I don't know.

Long-Form TV is probably inevitable at this point. More like HBO Rome, Oz, or The Sopranos than any of their episodic predecessors. With earlier Direct Play through Netflix, Blockbuster, Peacock/DisneyDirect, and so forth, Long-Form/Seasonal content is gonna explode fast thanks to binge viewing and perhaps some external factors (I did drop an earlier COVID/Influenza pandemic during the early 2010s which could spur Direct Play).

Even without an earlier pandemic, long-form TV would still be appealing both to creators and audiences.

With many series, there's a balance on how serialised vs. episodic you can make it - principally because reruns are such a big factor. The Owl House OTL was partially cancelled because it was too serialised (which I'd disagree with - at least for Season 1) - and a lot of series have had their overarching arcs affected by this compromise.

On a streaming/Direct-View service, where you can't have reruns and can watch an entire season/series basically in a weekend, there's less of a pressure to keep things episodic until the DVD/VCD comes out.

Last edited:
Also, as I suggested in my Overseer movie review, the superhero film will not be as dominant in the cinema landscape in the 2000's after its success in the 90's, if not nonexistant by the end of the decade and regarded as a relic of the time. The few superhero films that do crop up are more avante garde and experimental.

Last edited: