TL-191 Uniform, weapons and equipment of the Secondary Combatants.

Germans OTL had a similar thing too with a Hipper hull (never completed, of course). Japan had the Ibuki (also never completed). I think there might have been a French cruiser where a similar idea/plan was raised, but not put in use with the ship eventually completing as an AA cruiser.

Better pictures of my Russian and German infantry.

_tl_191__russian_and_german_infantry_by_rvbomally_df1k464-fullview.jpg

Deleted member 2186

Ship​
Builder​
Laid Down​
Launched​
Commissioned​
Decommissioned​
Fate​
HMS Colossus (15)Vickers-Armstrong, TyneJune 1, 1942July 30, 1943February 2, 1944September 6, 1944To Germany (SMS Weicshel) as reparations, September 1944.
HMS Glory (62)Harland and Wolff, Belfast, Occupied N. Ireland.August 27, 1942August 22, 1943March 7, 1944August 29, 1944To Germany (SMS Jade) as reparations, September 1944.
HMS VenerableCammell Laird, BirkenheadDecember 3, 1942September 4, 1943Constructed halted, December 1, 1943. Sunk by air attack, April 3, 1944. BU 1945-1947.
HMS VengeanceSwan Hunter, WallsendNovember 16, 1942November 12, 1943October 4, 1946**Constructed halted, December 1, 1943. To Germany (SMS Saar) as reparations, September 1944.
HMS WarriorHarland and Wolff, Belfast, Occupied N. Ireland.December 12, 1942Sabotaged by the IRA, July 6, 1943. Broken up on the slipway, late 1943.
HMS TheseusFairfield, GovanJanuary 6, 1943Cancelled September 1943, materials used for other ships.
A further 8 ships of the Majestic subclass were ordered in late 1942, but all were cancelled by the Summer of 1943.
* = Though both Colossus and Glory were commissioned, neither had their air groups embarked and spent almost all of the RN service as floating AA batteries.
** = The date of commissioning for it's German service
The Netherlands could use one like OTL.

Interesting, the Russian looks somewhat Soviet-esque, and the German appears to be wielding an MP-18(?). Very nice!
The Russian's helmet and gas mask combo are Soviet, but I think in-universe that makes sense for the SGW Russians, particularly as they are concerned about chemical weapons. I did give the German an MP-18 to show that old FGW equipment is still being used by them.

The Russian's helmet and gas mask combo are Soviet, but I think in-universe that makes sense for the SGW Russians, particularly as they are concerned about chemical weapons. I did give the German an MP-18 to show that old FGW equipment is still being used by them.
the MP-18 might more likely have been superceded by its improved variant, the mp-28

T-7 Azov Republic of Ukraine
T-7 AZOV.png

The Ukraine broke away from the Russian empire after the end of the Second Great War, at first the ROU purchased weapons from both Russia and Germany but by the early 1960's began to develop their own weapon systems often having features, armaments and technical equipment of their former suppliers.

T-9 Tryzub
T-9 Tryzub.png

The T-9 would replace the Azov in the early 1980's and was sold in good number to some of her neighbors who were also former territories of Imperial Russia.

Junkers D.IX
Junkers D.IX.png

The Junkers D.IX entered service in 1927 and would serve as a frontline fighter for the Imperial Luftwaffe until 1935. Designed by Friedrich Harth and his assistant and protégé William Messerschmitt.
At the time of it's introduction the D.IX was one of the fastest and most maneuverable fighter planes in the world, armed with two MG's in each wing the D.IX would influence fighter aircraft design for the next decade.

Junkers D.IX
View attachment 726297
The Junkers D.IX entered service in 1927 and would serve as a frontline fighter for the Imperial Luftwaffe until 1935. Designed by Friedrich Harth and his assistant and protégé William Messerschmitt.
At the time of it's introduction the D.IX was one of the fastest and most maneuverable fighter planes in the world, armed with two MG's in each wing the D.IX would influence fighter aircraft design for the next decade.
I was gonna suggest this one make an appearance here

You know, seeing an Imperial German Junkers with the name Messerschmidt attached to it makes me wonder what ‘Fat Herman’ got up to in Timeline-191; I’d bet his war service and connections keep him reasonably comfortable (and his greedy nature keeps him climbing) even absent a Fuhrer to place a fox in charge of the chicken coop…

The M1926 brings up an interesting issue. Since IRL the Bren gun was more or less a British Improved copy, what is the British Army using for a light machine gun? No, the Lewis gun is not an option, that thing was designed by an American who got rebuffed by the tight-fisted US Ordnance Board IRL.

You know, seeing an Imperial German Junkers with the name Messerschmidt attached to it makes me wonder what ‘Fat Herman’ got up to in Timeline-191; I’d bet his war service and connections keep him reasonably comfortable (and his greedy nature keeps him climbing) even absent a Fuhrer to place a fox in charge of the chicken coop…
I imagine he'd stay in the Luftwaffe probably not get so fat or become a morphine junkie, other than that it's hard to say what kind of person he'd turn out to be.
Maybe an efficient officer or maybe an asshole once again.

The M1926 brings up an interesting issue. Since IRL the Bren gun was more or less a British Improved copy, what is the British Army using for a light machine gun? No, the Lewis gun is not an option, that thing was designed by an American who got rebuffed by the tight-fisted US Ordnance Board IRL.
I'd say the Vickers-Berthier LMG, which was used by the British Indian Army in OTL and was a French design.
1647367532617.png

I imagine he'd stay in the Luftwaffe probably not get so fat or become a morphine junkie, other than that it's hard to say what kind of person he'd turn out to be.
Maybe an efficient officer or maybe an asshole once again.
No reason he can’t be an efficient officer AND an ***hole, eh? 😎

and I just remembered that the British were also using the BESA machine-gun for their vehicle mounted MG, which the BESA was a copy of the Czech ZB-53.