The XK-BAM map series

Have you thought of doing these for the 2K-BAM as well? I will try to do it myself, in the most amateur way possible - just simply make them smaller on MS paint and fill out any bad-looking pixels, is there a better way to put these on the 2K?

Edit: Also, has there been a more up-to-date modern-day 2K since this one from 2018?
upload_2018-12-21_20-8-27-png.427629
I've currently been working on adding as many 1st levels to the 2K-BAM as humanly possible, so far I've added Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Equatorial Guinea, Cyprus, Abkhazia, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, the UAE and Fiji. (whew that's a lot of countries) in the map below.

2K-BAM.png

Hey folks - does anyone have an 8K Bam with just the first and second levels of administration?
You can just erase the third-fourth administration levels yourself on MS Paint, its pretty easy and simple.

Takes a while sure, but in my opinion, spending your time making maps while listening to podcasts, lectures, and debates is some of the best things life has to offer!

You can just erase the third-fourth administration levels yourself on MS Paint, its pretty easy and simple.

Takes a while sure, but in my opinion, spending your time making maps while listening to podcasts, lectures, and debates is some of the best things life has to offer!
Thanks for the advice - I didn't know if anyone had a copy or not, which is why I asked here :)

Or use GIMP to easily color swap those levels, MSpaint is hell for that.

Edit: In fact, Crem, here.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance, but, what are the existing XK-BAM maps other than 8K-BAM?
I've been wanting to make/help with some basemap recently

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance, but, what are the existing XK-BAM maps other than 8K-BAM?
I've been wanting to make/help with some basemap recently
I sincerely appreciate your dedication in keeping on updating the XK-BAM!, it only took about 8 years for me to find a map that I am finally comfortable with, and with a good projection that doesn't gives me headaches, working on the 8K and the 2K has become an almost daily tradition and hobby for me by now.

Since I have also been working on a proprietary (or something, idk how to describe it) and highly stylized revamp of the 8K-BAM since 2019 or so, I have recently gave a pause on working on it given its huge size, and I am now working on a 2K-BAM version of it, I guess that the 2K and 8K are the only XKs that I will spend time working on.

Last edited:
I sincerely appreciate your dedication in keeping on updating the XK-BAM!, it only took about 8 years for me to find a map that I am finally comfortable with, and with a good projection that doesn't gives me headaches, working on the 8K and the 2K has become an almost daily tradition and hobby for me by now.

Since I have also been working on a proprietary (or something, idk how to describe it) and highly stylized revamp of the 8K-BAM since 2019 or so, I have recently gave a pause on working on it given its huge size, and I am now working on a 2K-BAM version of it, I guess that the 2K and 8K are the only XKs that I will spend time working on.
Ah, I see. Thanks!

I didn't realize that I hadn't posted my complete NA on here, so I'll just do that now. I've started work on a lakeless version, but I can't promise an end date on that. All reservoirs, temporary lakes, salt lakes, and normal lakes have different colors. I started doing county relative power colors, but I am lacking sources to really finish that.
FtqFDlG.png

Last edited:
I didn't realize that I hadn't post my complete NA on here, so I'll just do that now. I've started work on a lakeless version, but I can't promise and end date on that. All resevoirs, temperary lakes, salt lakes, and normal lakes have different colors. I started doing county relative power colors, but I am lacking sources to really finish that.
This is beautiful! one of the things that I most want in the future is a computer that is potent enough to sustain VT-BAM and 16K-BAM maps (in preference multiple at the same time) without any lags, freezes, crashes, and other issues given their large size, I really dream of one day where people can open and edit VT-BAM and 8K/16K-BAM maps as if they're WorldAs or 2K-BAMs, this remains a dream, but I can at least hope that one day this will become a common thing.

Either way, I am looking for sources for the Native American reservations in the US and in Brazil, so that I can try making them in both the 8K-BAM and the 2K-BAM.

2K-BAM Update: Added New Zealand, Albania and Kosovo's 1st levels, recolored some pixels to their correct color.
Note: It was hard for me to fit Albania and Kosovo's 1st levels considering they're tiny on a 2K-BAM perspective but I tried my best.
2K-BAM.png

I want to create the maximum possible number of Native American reservations in the US in both 8K and 2K, are there any good resources online with maps of that projection?

I want to create the maximum possible number of Native American reservations in the US in both 8K and 2K, are there any good resources online with maps of that projection?

Probably not the thing you wanted but you'll probably get a kick out of it if you're not already aware. Its a post to a link of a reservation map of the United States and the native claims at their maximums (if I understand it correctly)